Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
$178
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$76
$145
$179
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

The DeSoto(Savannah)
$169
$135
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtfire pitvisitor centertrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitemain buildingwithin walking distancefree dotstreet parkingliving areabreakfast areawould stay here againthe riverbreakfast staff
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Hotel is very nice, with a main building and connected cottages that are really all connected but have a little outdoor steps and gates. You walk through a beautiful pool area to the main lodge. Location is fine...not quite in the midst of the River Walk activity...alittle more along the side of the city, but just blocks from all the hustle. So no worries on location. The rooms were very nice (and I am picky and seasoned five star hotel traveler). Really nice beds, with white comforters. We had a problem in that they don't have enough pillows in the rooms for you to use the pull out sofa, and when we called the front desk, they said they were out...what the heck..Marriott - .buy some more pillows and be sure they are in the room for the pull out sofa. Worse was that the front desk tried to explain their way out of it...like my son carese when he is tired from traveling and wants a pillow. We were lucky in that we had two rooms reserved so were able to shift pillows around from our daughters room, and ended up with enough. My daughter found a couple hairs on the sheets (but the bed was so nice..it wasn't a big deall). I just think the cleaning crew should keep their hair back.. So bottom line...this is a very nice hotel...location not right in the heart of everything, but not out of the way either. Breakfast was fine...just not enough places to sit during busy time. In the summer the outdoor pool would be amazing. Do eat at the Ale house (just can't think of the name) that is recommended by hotel and just about three blocks away...great historic institution (like Boston's Cheers)...good for all ages and great food.. There is a gas station next to the hotel, which is fine shape but does bring in some homeless types, but isn't a problem.

Room Tip: Be sure you have the right sheets and pillows right away to avoid problems when you are ready to go to sleep.
2  Thank CheeseheadwithTaste
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate your comments and we appreciate you sharing them on tripadvisor.

I am so disappointed that the front desk associate was not able to provide you with the items requested! Extra pillows are a very common request and one that we are able to accommodate without any problem. I am not sure why you were told that we were out of pillows however I will follow-up with our staff to make sure they are aware of where additional supplies are located. I will also share your comments with our cleaning crew and encourage them to pay close attention to details.

Thank you again for your comments and for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Savannah. I hope that when your travels bring you back to our beautiful city you will stay with us again!

Donnie Morgan

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've stayed overnight here on two recent business trips. It's a really convenient location - easy to get to from the highway, and right on the edge of the historic district. On my last trip, I arrived rather late and was too tired to go out. I was so surprised that they had complimentary clam chowder which was quite good. Apparently there is some complimentary meal every evening. It's modest, but heck, it's free and it's pretty good. Breakfast was good and was served up by a wonderful woman (name unknown) who greets everyone with a big smile. The hotel feels safe, and the rooms are pretty nice. I particularly like the king suite. The hotel is behind an upscale convenient store so if you need something, there is no need to drive anywhere. There is valet parking for a fee, but this is unnecessary most days. There is free parking along the sides of the hotel. There is also a small adjoining park. The hotel allows pets, so this is a great place to walk the dog. There also is a kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator, a coffee pot, a full sized sink, a microwave oven, and if memory serves me correctly, a blender. They even had a few snacks. Internet is free. I highly recommend this place, and have already booked my next business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back near the stairs. It's quieter there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lawyerdaggett
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District for your lodging needs while doing business in Savannah. We hope that we will always be your home away from home when your travels bring you to Savananh.

I appreciate you taking the time to share a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I hope that you will remain pleased with our product and service offerings! Your feedback is critical to our success!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is always a pleasure to stay. The staff is very friendly,specially Kristen at the front desk. Vincent and Crystal ( the bar lady) are also very nice. The room is very spacious and convenient if you travel with kids. We had my 9 year old son and my 94 year old grandmother and they felt very comfortable in the rooms. We had two cottages facing the street. We loved our stay!!! Breakfast was also nice.

Room Tip: Get the cottages they are very convenient !!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you letting us know about the associates who delivered Service So Memorable during your visit. I will be sure to make sure they are commended for their excellent service.

Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to you returning to the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown Historic District!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is nice and new and is an easy walk to the heart of the historic district in Savannah. When we stayed on New Year's Eve the hotel was very full, yet we still received prompt service with parking and check-in, and helpful information with directions.

Unfortunately, our room had a slight smoky odor that got stronger through the night, even though the hotel has signs posted about the fees that will be charged guests who smoke in the rooms of this hotel. If smoke didn't bother me so much, I would have been very happy with this hotel.

1  Thank Joan_Hurst

Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Savannah Downtown Historic District for your lodging needs while in Savannah. We know you have many choices and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

I apologize for the smoke odor in the room. We are a smoke free hotel, however sometimes guest will smoke in the room. We make every effort to make sure the smoke smell is eliminated however this can be quite a challenge. I am so sorry that this had a negative impact on your stay. We will certainly be more deligent in our efforts to clear the smoke odor in the future.

Thanks again for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on TripAdviosr. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was a great place to stay. Able to walk anywhere in Savannah. The staff was so friendly and informative. The gentleman parking our car watched as we walked to our dinning location to make us feel safe late one night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple