“" Savannah's Best Hidden Secret"”

Parker's Market Urban Gourmet
Ranked #99 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“" Savannah's Best Hidden Secret"”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I arrived in Savannah for a wedding last weekend. I was staying at the Hilton and ask the front desk where is a good place to eat a lunch. She told me Parkers Market on Drayton St. So my wife and I walked over (very close to hotel). To my surprise was a very unique store!! "WOW" All the different types of sandwich's and salads, then my eye's caught the hot bar.. OX Tails!! So I ordered Ox-tails and my wife got her a bowl of the She Crad Soup. Monica in the deli told us it was Ms D's famous recipe. Hat's off to Ms "D"!! The Ox-tails were fall off the bone. And as we checked out the cashier Gina was very friendly.She informed us that Breakfast is served from 10pm till 2pm on Sat & Sun. We asked her about parking for the weekend, she informed us that "All Meter" parking is free, and they offer free parking in the lot while you are in the store only. My wife and I noticed the signs in the lot as we walked back to the hotel and can see that they are clearly marked. As for a return trip? Breakfast was just as good as lunch.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gary H

Frankfurt, Germany
“Thursday is for sure Parker's Market lunch”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Hilton told us about this place right around the corner. You need to see to believe. This little store got everything you need. We was told to try "Diana's" special. Every Thursday is mashed potatoes and salmon with a secret sauce. Yummy! Monica and Jason are the bomb. They treat you like family. Jason is a good trip advisor. He told us about all the places we need to see before we go back home.
There are signs all over the parking lot "Parking only while shopping in Parker's Market" and there are signs on both sides about Private Parking and if you are unable to comprehend this you don't need to leave comments on a website where everybody is able to see that it was your own fault and now you are trying to make these people look bad!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Melina S
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Avoid at all costs, VULTURES scamming tourists!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Welcome to Savannah? PARKERS ruined our first day, and will be reported to every travel group we know. We spent about $150 in there (although if you pay cash they don't give receipts- and Parker's will try and deny returns!), put our bags in car then Cassandra,who hides in bushes by parking lot, does her scam.We walked around the corner to BD Byrds to buy some of their famous cookies. Come back to PARKERS( ironic name for these demons) with our car being towed! $75.00 cash to release(driver doesn't have a 5 for "change" )although he does this routine every 15 mins- we watched it for the next victim. Red tow truck had another victim which blocked us leaving, Cassandra mocking us with ghetto gestures and bravado. ROSA store manager was horrible handling our returns, could care less. Tried to tell us we couldn't return any non gifts, hah she was probably the one who ratted on us stupid tourists.We were actually going to buy more! We will blog, protest and advise every civic and travel group NOT to patronize these thieves. STAY AWAY.

Visited March 2014
11 Thank cwangs929
Tybee
“Parkers Parking Nightmare”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We arrived in Savannah and thought we'd grab some yummy snacks and drinks. We bought parked in the large parking lot (they also have gas) and forked over 60 bucks in overpriced, hipster markups but we didn't care! We were in the lovely city of Savannah and loving the Southern hospitality.

My cashier, Rosa, rang up my $5 Italian sodas with a smile. "Do they have good food at the Irish pub across the street?" Yes, said Rosa, the other cashiers say their food is very good. Our group put our bags in the car and crossed the street to see the menu at the Irish pub. We looked inside but it smelled like sneakers marinated in beer and vomit so we went around the corner and bought cookies at Byrds and decided we would try some of the takeout at Parkers and head to our hotel.
And that's when we saw our rental car attached to a Tow Truck!

The tow truck driver was waiting for us. He said it's 75 dollars to get your car back. Cassandra, a Parkers employee told us as soon as we stepped foot off the property (even though street parking is FREE on Sundays in Savannah) that Parkers will TOW your car. Cassandra was working the parking lot on her cell as a scavenger to unsuspecting victims. I told her we purchased over $150 from Parkers. This is absurd. She restated that as soon as we walked across the street(to the restaurant Rosa recommended!) that they can tow our car. We had to pay the tow truck driver $80(he of course didn't have change) to get our car back.

Our entire group went inside to complain to the manager. It was Rosa, my cashier. She said there was nothing she could do and that the towing company is independent from Parkers. Maybe this was information the MANAGER could have shared when I asked about eating at the Irish pub...that roving tow trucks were stalking the parking lot to rip off tourists at overpriced hipster gas stations

We decided to return everything. Interesting that I never got a receipt from Rosa on my cash purchase and she said they could not accept returns on food. So my sealed Italian sodas that I just bought from her 20 minutes ago she couldn't take back.

When we left the market for good (and told everyone we saw not to buy from this horrible place) we saw that another car was up on the tow truck! The driver was just waiting there (with Cassandra, the Parkers employee) to scam the next unfortunate Parkers parking-scam victim. Cassandra even yelled,"Go on! Take my picture!" She was still there in the parking lot when we left Savannah (after a lovely visit to the Pink House with some proper hospitality).

What an AWFUL way to run a business. I intend to let the Savannah Tourism bureau know of Parkers predatory behavior.

• Visited March 2014
11 Thank RobinDrugstores
Brooksville, Florida
“A real gem!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Parker's market has great deli fare and pre-made sandwiches, always fresh coffee, an impressive selection of wines and all the things a neighborhood store should have. It is a delight to stop in when we are in Savannah.

Visited March 2014