“Great food at a great price”
Review of The King & I

The King & I
Ranked #210 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Large portions of very good food! Plenty of parking and seating inside. Great place for lunch. Service is attentive.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice restaurant with friendly staff.
The food is among the top 3 Thai in Savannah.
If you are visiting or have not been, its a definate must try.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a good place on the southside of Savannah for Thai food---however, be aware that the quality is a little iffy at times--when they're good, they are excellent, when they're bad, they're...well, not terrible, just disappointing--when they are good they deserve the four stars, but I've had enough disappointments that the rating necessarily dropped a star. Why? I went on January 6th this year for my birthday. My daughter and I had eaten lunch there 3 weeks before and it was all excellent--the Sizzling Roast Duck with Red Curry was superb, flavorful, with fresh, colorful vegetables and tender, crispy slices of duck; the Angel Wings were also great: crispy and large, stuffed with with plenty of ground pork--you only get two but that are BIG, and don't forget to munch those crunchy golden wing tips!

OK, this time it was a little more uneven, though still mostly good. We started with the Spring Rolls which were delicate, crispy and delicious; the Tod Mun (they were, unfortunately, out of Angel WIngs) --fish cakes-- were dark, chewy and overcooked--NOT good; we ordered the Beef Satay but they brought us the Chicken Satay--awkward, but we went ahead and accepted them and they proved tender, tasty and delicious (the beef are even better--no chewy, tough satay here!); I will say they do well with the Satay because of the proper use of spices and good cuts of meat. For a salad we had the Laab Chicken Salad; it was not bad, but not my favorite--something about the granular texture of the chicken was not to my taste, and there was too much shredded iceberg lettuce, which gave it a watered down flavor--mixed greens would have been better. The Prawns Panang were nice, though the price was a little hefty, as you only get six--the sauce was delicious and the presentation striking; the prawns were fairly tender, and not chewy as they have been before. The Massaman Curry--again, a good dish with tender-crisp vegetables skillfully cut, but for the price, the bowl was rather small. I'd recommend having a couple of good appetizers before you order this, then you can share it. We had the Thai Tea to drink: Oolong tea with a blend of coconut milk and cream layered on top that, stirred into the drink, gives it a warm orange color--rich and satisfying--a little pricey, but I could drink several--add some rum and it would be delightful!

The atmosphere of the place is pleasant, with beautiful tapestries in gold and silk threads, brocaded walls, and soft lighting. Our waitresses were unerringly kind and patient. One of them looked like a Thai Reese WItherspoon, had a sweet smile and was very efficient, with a good sense of humor. All in all a fine meal--missed my Angel Wings, but definitely good enough to merit another visit.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

A friend took me to your restaurant because I had never had Thai food and. She ordered for us and we started with three appetizers to share. Well, we were full by the tme we ate them so we asked to just bring our entrees to go. The appetizers were pot stickers, summer rolls and one I don't remember the name of. They were all excellent and large portions. I ordered the Bai Ka Pao (?) w/rice and even the next evening it was wonderful. Service was great and your staff were very efficient and friendly. A great experience and now I love Thai food.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have eaten here several times. This is another Asian/Thai restaurant owned by the same extended family. Choices were very good.The special was a soft-shell crab, which my husband ordered. Compared to another Thai restaurant in Savannah, he was lillte disappointed.
Service was good, we were seated immediately, but the food was a little slow in arriving..and the restaurant was not THAT busy, but this isn't typical. The food has always been very good and consistent between our visits. Quiet atmoshpere, so it's good for "date night".
We love Thai and I know we'll be back.