“Tom Kar Gai - YUM!”

Dining options: Reservations
South Florida
“Tom Kar Gai - YUM!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our friends took us out to eat at the King and I for our wedding anniversary. I have always said, you can judge a good Thai restaurant by their chicken coconut soup, and this was exceptionally yummy! Everything else we all tried was superb as well. The wait staff is efficient but unobtrusive, the food is fresh and the presentation is delightful. This restaurant is not in the downtown area, but worth the short trek to the Ardsley Park area to dine here. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012

Savannah,GA
“Our Thai standby...”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is where we go for Thai food. Love the summer rolls and the sticky rice with Mangos. They have mastered the basics of Thai food and they have many specials that allow you to venture away from the old standbys. Love that they have taken their ideas and upscaled them at Ele and Tangerine Fusion for those special occasions! You can always expect GREAT service at The King and I.

• Visited November 2012
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The food was fantastic. The portions were very generous. The staff was very nice and helpful. The staff was able to answer any questions we had.

Visited August 2012
Jackson, Michigan
“There is a reanson this place is packed!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Absolutely great Thai/Asian cuisine. It is a smaller eatery in a strip mall. We took the last table available and still got great service. As soon as one party left another would walk in. Nice neighborhood feel to it also.

• Visited August 2012
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Can't Wait to Return!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My daughter and I went here for dinner and the atmosphere was casual but not too casual - we were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated within a minute of walking in. We had the Thai Iced tea and Thai Spring Roll stuffed with ground chicken, bean thread and vegetable $3.00 to start the Spring rolls were huge and three came on the plate - they were outstanding. We then ordered the Tom Ka Gai creamy coconut soup with chicken and galanger $4.95 - $14.95 the large because we wanted the leftovers for the next day. This was by far the very best Tom Ka Gai soup I have ever had! So rich and creamy and perfectly seasoned. For my main course I ordered the Panang Curry choice of meat, (I chose chicken) cooked in creamy coconut sauce, kaffir lime leaves, bell peppers, green beans, onion, basil panang curry$10.95 - it was again outstanding! I would order this again but maybe a little less heat although the spice that came with it was good - I prefer a little less spice. My daughter ordered the Red Curry- Crazy Meat choice of meat (with Chicken) cooked in creamy coconut sauce, red curry, red bell pepper, bamboo, kaffir lime leaves, and basil$10.95. She loved it! We skipped dessert because frankly we didn't have any room left for it! I cant wait to go back and bring my other daughter. We had wonderful leftovers of everything and of course they were even better the next day!
This restaurant is outside of Old Town Savannah off of Abercorn but if you love Thai food - I highly recommend you make the trip. It isn't far from downtown and you won't be sorry!

• Visited September 2012