“Good Value Outside of Savannah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #21 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Auburn, Indiana
“Good Value Outside of Savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a one night stay on our way to Florida for a family vacation with a party of 4. We got a queen double and were very impressed to have a microwave and fridge in a standard room. The entire facility was very clean and the staff was wonderful. Three things to know when staying at this hotel. 1) The pool is an outdoor pool. 2) There is no hot tub. 3) Ask for extra pillows. The pillows were very small and there were only 3 pillows on each bed. We looked in the closet for extra pillows, but were too tired/lazy to go downstairs to ask for additional pillows. I would recommend this to anyone, but have to give it 4 out of 5 just because of those 3 reasons.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Room was large and very clean. We got a room overlooking the rear property - very attractive. Although it is close to the highway, we could not hear car noise. We did hear a few planes, but that was well after we woke in the morning. Breakfast was surprisingly good - eggs were excellent, bagel was good, fresh cut fruit was sweet. There was some noise between the rooms - but again, nothing that was disruptive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location close to the airport was very convenient. The availability of a shuttle, with a very pleasant driver, was great! I was happy to see the superior quality of the room that I have come to expect from Hampton!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over the 4th of July. A very nice hotel but a couple improvements are needed. Bed was a little on the soft side. Everyone has their own preferences on mattresses and we prefer a little more firmness and at most Hampton Inns, we have found this. Parking lot is a problem. We parked early enough to find a space but noticed on the morning we left that vehicles were parked everywhere because of a lack of spaces. And my only other complaint would be the A/C unit. When it came on it was very loud. Not a deal breaker. We never heard any other voices while in our room, so it was very quiet. Never an issue with Internet or elevator. My husband used the gym and pool and was satisfied with what they offered. Breakfast was very good and the ladies that kept the food supplied did a fantastic job! Fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt and many types of cereal and toast. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Good coffee, too.
We have never stayed at this particular hotel before. We usually prefer the Embassy Suites but some times they are quite pricey. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Apparently, rooms with the water view are to be desired. Probably quieter in relation to highway no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Two nights here for business and pleasure. Location off the interstate was convenient for what we had to do in town. Mattresses weren't what we've come to expect at a hampton and the breakfast staff area was a disaster when we came down the first morning. Might have been from the bus tour that was staying there , but it was a mess, and food and newspapers were gone!

• Stayed June 2013
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Based on the reviews, I thought this was a slam dunk. Unfortunately, I made a mistake in coming here. I am a gold HHonors member who has stayed in probably 50 different Hampton Inns, and I'd put this one near the bottom. I arrived around 8 p.m. and the first thing the check-in agent did was inform me that there was no Internet. She waved a piece of paper at me and asked me to sign it. Why? I have no idea. But I was not happy. I do not have a smartphone and hadn't been able to check my email in two days. It was one of the primary things on my mind. She said the Internet tower had been KO'd by lightning three days before, and wouldn't be repaired for at least another two days. That sounds almost unbelievable to me, but I didn't argue. It didn't get any better from there. After stashing my luggage in my room, I got on the elevator ... and went nowhere. I pushed the button for the first floor a few times, but nothing happened. The door wouldn't open either. Finally it opened, and I saw some loose cables flopping. I felt fortunate that I was able to escape without being trapped. I informed the front desk, and the elevator was still not working the next morning. Worse yet, there was no sign on the door, so anyone theoretically could have had the same experience I did. After dinner, the only available parking spaces were on the end of the building. I tried to enter by using my room card, but the door would not open. I talked to the manager the next morning, but she was not very sympathetic and said there was nothing she could do to give me any type of discount for a future visit. I think I'll head back to the Garden Inn a block away. The manager there is EXTREMELY proactive about problems of this type. (My only hesitation is that the beds there are awful, which is why I didn't stay there this time.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pittsburgh, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is well kept, the staff was very helpful and friendly. I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (although I wish that they served bacon), but the quality of the mattress was very poor. It left my body aching.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business