“Nice & Convenient...no complaints here.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice & Convenient...no complaints here.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and have no complaints. Beds slept well, rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast options and coffee were great. Great location to shopping and restaurants nearby. Overall good stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MsReviewQueen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Savannah, GA, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This Hampton Inn deserves high marks for service, spotless rooms and great employees. It is extremely convenient to the Savannah Airport and also is close to downtown and the islands. Tons of great restaurants within a few miles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bollezeele, France
Reviewed April 29, 2013

was there for two nights end of april, very pleasant stay
near from airport but quiet
breakfast was realy good even if it's difficult to eat in an enormous armchair
front desk service very nice and friendly
comfortable and clean room

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a squeaky clean Hampton where management adheres to Hampton chain guidelines. All the employees were friendly & efficient. The room was good. Clean, comfortable with plenty of room. We had no problems whatsoever. The lobby/lounge/breakfast areas all looked good and were clean. Breakfast was generally good with a lot of variety, the hot items changed for the two mornings we were there. Although billed as "airport", it is actually located more than 2 miles from the airport in a cluster with about 9 other chain hotels. The business center was fine. Generally speaking, probably hard to beat in the price range.
The negatives: front of the hotel parallels a busy interstate highway I estimate to be no more than 400 feet away. Caution: try to book a room in the back which would be an odd numbered room! Running the room AC/heating unit constantly helped block some of the noise, but not all. They could use a slightly less fragrant cleaning compound as there was an odor in the room. Better that than filth however. A couple of the warm breakfast items were very overcooked one of the two mornings. Overall, I recommend this hotel, especially if you get a room on the back or "lake" side. It is an easy drive into Savannah. We were there 2 nights, April 13 & 14, 2013.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back (or lake) side, which would be an odd numbered room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Well maintained property. Clean room and bath. Very nice linens. Nicely decorated. Good breakfast. Location is conveniently just off the interstate. I would have rated this hotel another notch higher but for the noise and checkout. Upon checking in, I had a choice between staying in the back of the property or the front. I like to keep an eye on my vehicle, and there was no parking in the back. Before deciding whether to stay in the back of the property or in the front, toward the interstate, I asked if there was much noise from the interstate. The answer was, 'we've never had any complaints". With that, I chose to stay in the front where I could park and see my vehicle. Sadly, the noise from the interstate was incessant and disruptive. In addition to the outside noise, the interior noise was troublesome. Listening the the gentleman in the next room use the bathroom was not pleasant. Listening to him move in his bed (apparently, his headboard was situated against our adjoining wall) was annoying. The next morning, as we approached the front desk, a group of 4 women were chatting behind the desk. Apparently, it was the change of shift. A lady broke away from the group and asked if we were checking out. When it became obvious she was not going to ask about our stay, I politely related the information about the noise, and my reliance on the information regarding noise when I checked in and asked if any adjustment could be made to the bill. Instantly, the tenor of the moment ended. The countenance of the group of women changed. Silence and frowns. One lady of the group was visibly disgruntled with the situation, walked from behind the desk and exited the building. The lady who was checking us out stepped aside and exited to the office behind the front desk. A third lady moved into position and started typing on the computer keyboard. She asked only my name and room number. She then printed off a paper and asked me to sign. Upon asking what I was signing, she informed me I was going to receive a100% refund. I informed her I was not seeking such a refund and she informed me it was Hilton company policy. Upon signing, I gathered my luggage and exited. Never did any of the women verbalize sympathy for the situation or my disappointing stay. While the property is nice, the staff's actions in this instance will cause me not to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room facing the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jefferson, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Newer hotel in convenient location. Easy on/off highway access, lots of local eateries. Nice lake view on back of hotel. Room was very quiet, even though it was by an elevator. Above average breakfast offerings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights and do not have any complaints . I did not eat breakfast there, but it did look good when I saw it. This hotel had all the ammenities you would expect from a Hampton Inn. I stayed on the side facing the lake and had a decent view. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012