“Very nice Hampton Inn for road weary travelers”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #18 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at the Airport Hampton Inn on the back end of a Florida trip. The hotel is very convenient for I-95 travelers, right off the freeway and very close to the airport. We arrived late evening after a long day on the road and were greeted by a very friendly front desk attendant. She went out of her way to expedite the check in process for us and several others. The property was super clean and neatly appointed. We were very pleased with the room. It was quiet and comfortable.

Breakfast was above average, with plenty of hot and cold food and drink choices. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fairly new, well maintained, well located. Friendly helpful staff. Typically nice Hampton rooms. Quiet, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Breeakfast bar well stocked and had both grits and oatmeal. Internet worked well. Plenty of well lit, well maintained parking.

Room Tip: Ask fro a room facing the swamp in the back - not facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Howie B
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I rarely give out 5 stars for any hotel, usually there is something that can be improved upon. I couldn't find anything wrong with this particular hotel, even with a fine toothed comb. Upon being picked up at the airport to check out, everyone was friendly and helpful. The front desk is so helpful, that one day I came in without a reservation, and they were full. They called another hotel close by, and asked if they would honor their rate and booked us a room so we didn't have to drive around!! Customer service is not completely extinct :)
The lobby is new and spacious and everything looks modern. The rooms are great (I've stayed twice and had 2 different styles of rooms, both great) The beds are very comfortable, and sheets and comforters very clean. The pillows are also comfortable. The bathrooms are all clean and everything works well. I even like the smell of their soap and lotion :) Towels were fluffy and clean as well. And free WiFi, that actually works!
The in room coffee is good, single serve cups so you don't have to worry about the cleanliness of the pots or cups!! I love that, and the coffee even tastes good. :)
The free breakfast.... awesome! Lots of choices, hot and cold. Always fresh fruit too. If you are without a car, the hotel van will take you to surrounding restaurants within a mile or so. That was very helpful for getting some dinner.
The pool is nice, very clean, I spent hours there one day and was never bothered. Also, the fitness center has up to date equipment and feels spacious enough that you aren't on top of fellow exercisers :)
I drove here once, and thought I should add, that it is easy to get on and off the highway, as well as extremely close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel offers everything you'd expect from an airport hotel: It's clean, comfortable, convenient, and congenial. The room was exceptionally clean, and the bed was wonderful. Once I was inside my room, there was no external noise from cars or planes. In addition, they serve a good breakfast with waffles, hot and cold cereal (with a big pot of oatmeal), yogurt, toast, fresh apples and bananas, all available in a lounge off the main lobby that has several tv's, a fireplace, tables, and couches.

If you need a ride to a nearby restaurant, the friendly shuttle drivers are happy to drop you off and pick you up. Both Cheddars and Sam Snead's are close; Sam Snead's is the better choice unless you want the noisy, family environment at Cheddars.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I stopped by during a trip down I95. The hotel is conveniently located along I95 near the airport. Normally I don't stay near airports but this is a nice newer location with spacious clean rooms. The outdoor pool was very nice and the waterfront setting a nice feature. During the off season the rates are quite reasonable compared to other older hotels along our route.
The only item that may be lacking is that there is only one restuarant within walking distance. However a short hop over the interstate aand there are several chain locations which more than met our needs.

Room Tip: As always I request a high floor room away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I arrived late after spending the day moving and this motel had very easy access, super clean, attentive, prompt transportation to airport in large shuttle van. Traveling alone I felt safe and secure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

First time staying here although we normally make Savannah our overnight point headed north and south. Booked this sight unseen from the Hilton Honors web site. This place is pretty incredible. I knew it before I got out of the car from how well the grounds were manicured. Lobby looks new and glows clean. Greeted warmly and quickly made it to our room. 2Q beds and like downstairs, everything super clean. Hallways, linens, bathroom, carpet, all very clean. Hotel was busy because of people in lobby and cars in lot, but once in our room had no noise at all, not even another door on our hall. Surprisingly our room faced I-95 directly and it didn't bother us with noise. Likewise this property is near the airport and we only heard takeoff/landing noise when outside. Breakfast was very good, hot and fresh and kept replenished. Also, they have ice cream for sale behind the front desk. This may have been our first stop here, but it won't be our last. We will be back! FYI in proximity to the hotel is a steak house, a Waffle House, gas stations, Wal-Mart, & Sam's Club.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family