Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
Ranked #74 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Pretty far away from river walk. But in a nice area. Has lots of restaurants near. I did see a bus , so if you download routes you should be able to get around.
We used car to get to trolley. So much fun. History abounds.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JenniferN152201
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello,

I hop your enjoyed your stay in Savannah. :)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My stay was just OK. Don't really have too much I would complain about this hotel except that I did hear doors slamming periodically during my one night stay. The front desk staff was very friendly, polite and helpful especially Jonathan he was great! Answered all my questions even recommended nearby spots to grab a meal. Jonathan always acknowledged me and my boyfriend as we passed by with a smile and cheerful attitude! I found the location to be further away from the historic district than I expected. Plus there is a lot of traffic and construction still ongoing in this area so be careful its fairly tricky finding the hotel! The entrance is quite difficult to locate. I found it only after calling ahead for landmarks! Look for The Olive Garden and Logan's.

There is lots of shopping nearby and plenty of restaurants in the area so I would say that part is good. I made several trips downtown and this location was not ideal. Tons of traffic on Saturday night so be careful as the construction in this area is tricky as I mentioned.

All in all, for a Holiday Inn it was VERY clean, friendly front desk staff, my room was decent and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good with hot/cold selections. I went down EARLY (that's the important word!) and found decent varieties. The coffee was very tasty HOT and delicious.

One suggestion I would make is that the cleaning staff needs to leave more than one packet of coffee in the room that's a bit on the skimpy side. My boyfriend had to go out and ask several times for packets. Check out was pretty quick, easy and simple. I would recommend this hotel just don't have high expectations and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen K

Hello,

Thank you for the nice comment.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband is taking me to Savannah for my birthday February 21-24. We love Holiday Inn Express and are sure this location will be no exception. I can't wait! I can smell the cinnamon rolls now! I cant imagine wanting to give any less than 5 stars. We have never found a Holiday Inn Express we were not happy with.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JNGR

Hello,

I hope your stay was enjoyable at the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great hotel. We booked thru a discount site, so the price was great. The location is correct, Midtown, but its on the south end of Midtown. While its close to the historic district, I was hoping closer. It took a lot longer to get to the historic area then I expected. But the breakfast was great, the staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. Can't complain!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cmhmomma

Hello,

First let me apologize on how long it took for me to respond. Thank you for your response. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Recent visit to Savannah for our daughter's soccer tournament. The hotel is truly in great condition even though our room had a couple of challenges. The staff was very helpful in clearing up the problems and did their best to make our stay right.
The common areas and grounds reflect the qualities of Holiday Inn.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank robaconk
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you...come back to see us. Maybe St. Patricks Day. :)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here while passing through. Got a good night's sleep and the hotel was clean. Breakfast was typical and the staff was very friendly.
We were checked in quickly and greeted as Priority Rewards members.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexa_Faulkner

Hello and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. Please let me know if you come back to the area. I would like to meet and maybe have breakfast with you guys.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We went for a weekend getaway and were pleasantly surprised. We were upgraded and had a very nice letter welcoming us as priority club members. The staff wss very friendly. The only complaint would be the shower. It was an older model but it was clean. Would have prefered no bathtub. We will return when we visit Savannah.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sylvester500

Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. We are so happy that you were very pleased with our property. We try our very best to make sure every guest is very pleased.

Thanks again,