Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
Ranked #71 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Mediocre”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here during Labor Day weekend. Although the hotel was in a good location, I would highly recommend paying the extra money to stay in Historic Savannah. We had to listen to little kids jumping on the floor from above us. It became so bad that they had to move them to a different location. The free breakfast is a nice addition. The lady that organized it each morning was very kind and polite.

• Stayed September 2013
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. The next time you are in Savannah call me direct and I will block your room in advance to make certain you want hear the noise above.

Chris Manor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, they didnt have a crib For my baby but that was okay. no fridge either so we had To use ice for babies milk. The Staff was accommodating though.The free breakfast was a plus, they had a good variety of items. The GM was very nice. Would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed August 2013
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I am sorry about the crib. We only have two cribs in the hotel and we had a family stay with us for 4 nights that had both. The next time you are in Savannah please give me call direct and I can make sure all your request are met.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well, two things: 1) we didn't expect the Ritz Carlton, but we also didn't expect the air to be broken in half of the hotel rooms. We had to switch rooms. The second room was very nice though, compared to the first, and the staff was very friendly. 2) The other thing was, the food was DISGUSTING that was offered for breakfast. All old food, and watered down milk and eggs. So gross. One day they only had sausage and gravy. Who eats that?

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Stay in Historic district next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello,

First let me thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. This is not how we conduct business here at the Holiday Inn Express. I want a chance to make this right. If you are in the Savannah area again please contact me direct and I can make sure your next stay is a perfect 10.

Mexico City
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I found out this morning that my credit card had been charged for my stay even though I had prepaid via Priceline. I had a feeling that this might happen whilst staying at the hotel so I checked with the front desk who reassured me that the double charge would not happen. When I checked at the end of my stay, I asked for a receipt. I was informed that there was no receipt since I have this from Priceline.

A few days later I checked my credit card statement and found that Holiday Inn had charged me for my stay in addition to what I paid Priceline. I contacted Jerry on the front desk at 7.00am and he informed me that he would get an assistant manager to call me back. This did not happen by 11.00am so I called and spoke with an assistant manager. She told me that she would refund the money back to my card.

Later in the day, I received a pdf showing that an amount will be credited back to my card. The amount was wrong and below what I had been charged. I emailed the assistant manager who told me that the difference was probably an administration charge. For what??? I then questioned this amount via email and I have not gotten a reply.

Quite appalling customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ant g
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. If you want to contact me direct at chris.manor@interstatehotels.com so I can fix any billing errors you have. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The rooms were very and clean. We had little interaction with the staff, but the service was great. The breakfast was very good and well stocked. The pool area was very nice and surprisingly used very little...we only saw other people there once during our whole trip. There is easy access to downtown, but driving out to Tybee is a trek from here. We had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darren K
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. I am so glad you had a great stay. Next time you are in the Savannah area, please stop by the desk so I can introduce myself. Thanks again.

Southeast
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family stayed here over a three day period (Friday-Sunday). The room was not ready until after 6:00 pm on Friday and the room was not cleaned on Saturday. The "do not disturb" sign was not on the door and the cleaning crew was on our floor, but they neglected to clean the room. Upon returning to the room after a long day, I called the front desk to report that the room had not been cleaned and received a polite "too bad, no one is here anymore to clean your room" response. My spouse had a face to face conversation with the front desk employee and received the same response. The gentleman at the front desk said he would report this concern to the manager, whom we never heard from. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello,

First let me know thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. The room you origanlly was booked for had a roof leak. We discovered this as we were inspecting the rest of the rooms and had to get another room ready for in a moments notice. I apologize that you had to wait but it is our goal to make sure every guest is satisfied and we try our very best to be proactive in certain situations.

If you are ever in the Savannah area, please contact me direct and can assure your next stay is a perfect stay.

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Concerns about cleanliness of bathroom floor. It was tacky (sticky).
Strange half pillows on king size beds.
Express breakfast was barely tolerable. Watery flavorless eggs. Only bananas offered in the way of fruit. Pancake machine was broken and only breakfast meat offered was sausage during the two days we were there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. The Holiday Inn Brands of hotels are changing the pillow standard. This seems to be a high demand for our guest. I would like to apologize for the watery eggs. I will check to see if they are being cooked properly.

If you are back in the Savannah area, please contact me so I can make sure your stay is a perfect 10.

Yours In Service,