“Holiday Inn Express, Savannah,GA”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
Ranked #76 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Hotel was clean, room was great, breakfast really good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Friendly? No, the guest service representatives were not interested in cracking a smile or offering a welcoming greeting. When I walked through the lobby toward the hallway after I registered, I noticed a couple of cleaning spray bottles stuck in a corner next to the wall. Those spray bottles were still there the next day which pretty much sums up the value of the housekeeping at this hotel. There were laundry carts in the hallways that did not seem to move much, if at all,and just a general aura of unfinished cleaning business the entire twenty four hours I spent there. The carpeting was generally littered and even the elevator needed a good vacuuming. But the kicker was the single pubic hair resting in the soap dish in the shower. Trying several times to get a wake up call and letting the phone ring and ring 10, 20, 30 times with no answer from the staff made me wonder if I was in the Twilight Zone.The front desk representative,however, did accomodate my request for a room change after I called to complain within minutes of entering the assigned guest room about extra noisy next door neighbors. The clientelle in general appeared to be even less responsible than the typical guest in a higher end hotel in regard to noise and the guest representatives did not exude an aura of hospitality. All in all a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheCovertCritic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear krisjb1,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Staff was friendly and great. Got any and all extra supplies we needed. Loved being near the stores and restaurants. They even cleaned up all the rose petals we left all over. Wish I had paid attention to the fact that it didn't have a refrigerator. I knew some were being built that way now, but I hated to loose my seafood. Not a deal breaker though. I would go back. We loved being so close to Savannah and the drive in was beautiful. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We had a smoking room and the smell was not overpowering. Score one for extra cleaning efforts. (Oth...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CEW76LAP73
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice hotel quite part of town close to just about everything

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I would expect that a company that has a small placard in the restroom offering "complimentary" razors, shaving cream, soap, etc., as well as willingness to
bring it to your room to have one single extra pillow in their possession. However, according to front desk staff once this hotel is fully booked up they don't keep any extra in storage. I probably wouldn't write this review over just a pillow (even though I strongly suspect I'm being lied to...,now THAT I would write a review about!) but for the fact that the FULL (not continental style breakfast) this hotel promotes and prides itself on is very, very poor. Do not feel yourself deprived at all if you miss it. The taste of the food is like cardboard. It's poorly, not adequately cooked, powdered, prepackaged eggs, just generally the quality of a cheap fast food chain. Plus, with only one staff member manning it on a fully booked Saturday morning most items were unavailable for ten or more minutes at a time. I write reviews of excellent service places. I do NOT come on Trip Adviser just to complain. However, I do feel when you choose to spend your hard earned money on a name brand high quality hotel chain you should receive superb customer service. I read the reviews on travel sites when I am planning my hotel stays and am willing to pay a bit extra to places with good reviews. I will NOT be staying here again. Customer service is the KEY hotel management. Without it your income is happenstance and how do you expect to build brand loyalty? Also if you mistakenly think because this hotel says it is in "Midtown" Savannah like the Hilton Garden Inn or the Hampton Inn which are both MUCH closer to the historic district, don't be fooled. This hotel is much farther away, at least 10 more minutes further away and THAT'S if you catch ALL the lights.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TennesseeLady62
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

TennesseeLady62,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We drove to Savannah from Tampa to see Savannah for the first time. We were very unhappy with this hotel. As a previous reviewer stated, the bed squeaked whenever you sat on it or moved. We got there mid afternoon after a 6 hr drive and decided to nap and then go to the historic district for the evening. Doors were slamming constantly. The doors are extremely heavy and hard to open. We saw housekeepers in the hall but this was about 3pm and I guess they were still busy. I mentioned it to one of them to no avail. We noticed one room a few doors down with about 10 teens in it...must be for spring break so we went to the desk and asked for a room change, figuring it would be noisier later. They put us in the handicapped room as they had the whole 2nd and 3rd floor booked with college kids on a spring break trip. The handicapped room was just awful... dusty and lightbulbs missing. Very dark in the bathroom. The water pressure was so minimal I could not even get the conditioner out of my hair. We were supposed to stay there for 3 days but checked out the next day. BTW, Savannah was full of "no see-um" bugs and intolerable.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator or lobby and avoid spring break. Bad location. Had to go thru slums to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KA B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Kathy U,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do get very busy during spring break. However we do our best to accommodate requests when you are not happy with the room location. Your comments about the handicap rooms condition is troubling. Cleanliness and service is what we pride ourselves on. We will look into this comment.

Thank you again.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at HIE this past week during our "girls" trip to Savannah. The room was clean, the staff was great. Few complaints were our coffee pot didn't have the lid to make the coffee run into the pot, after our 2nd request and a trip down to the front desk we got one, we requested our sheets to be changed on 2 different days but they didn't get changed, and the first 2 days they served bacon and then ran out and served this awful sausage. But overall the stay was great!!

Room Tip: put a small marking on the edge of your sheet so you can check to see if the sheets were changed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends