“OK with room to improve”

Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah South
Ranked #45 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Bamberg, Germany
“OK with room to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Our room was big and clean besides some stains on the floor.The staff is friendly. In our bathroom there was a big crack around the outlet, big enough for kids to stick something in and get electrocuted. Also the fan of our air conditioner would not turn of even when set to off.
Breakfast was fairly standard. Not even make your own waffles. A big minus that there is no high chair available which would make breakfast more enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stay twice a month and have never been disappointed great value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I visit Savannah several times each and I have found this Baymont Inn & Suites on Canebrake Rd my home away from home. I have always found the hotel to be warm and inviting. The staff and management is always friendly. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable - I love the beds. To make it even better it is near shopping and many restaurants and it is easy to get to the downtown area. I just read a review saying they had bugs, I have never seen a bug of any kind at this hotel. This is my second visit and I will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OKEECHOBEE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were quite pleased with the accommodations at the Baymont. Our room was clean and well appointed. We had free parking, free wi-fi, and a good though not great complimentary breakfast. The bed was very comfortable. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly. We felt we got good value for our money and would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend the Baymont to others. (I'm wondering if the "Roaches . . ." review was placed by someone affiliated with a competing hotel since the hotel seemed quite clean to me.) We were okay with the fact that the hotel is a bit of a drive from downtown Savannah (perhaps 15 miles), as I'm sure the rates at a downtown hotel would have been much higher.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Roaches.....yes indeed Roaches. My husband and another couple came to Savannah for vacation and stayed here. My husband killed 4 roaches and I was lying down and saw 2 crawling up the wall. I called the front desk and asked that they move our room since it was 11:30pm and our friends were in another room resting. I later learned they had roaches as well. I have never ever stayed at a hotel with roach infestation. I checked out immediately and told my friends to be ready to leave as soon as possible. I only stayed here to begin with because of the good reviews I read on here. Never will I stay here again. I really want my money back! This was a horrible experience!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie L
Georgiatraveler31, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah South, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear Debbie L.

I would like to apologize for your most recent stay and your comments that you found roaches in your rooms. We work very hard to keep our property immaculate and we do have ane excellent pest control company that takes care of our property on a regular basis for any and all types of insects. We do this to maintain the very best of accomodations.

After learning of your comments, we immediately addressed this with our pest company and they came out and checked the entire hotel and gave us a clean report with no record of an "infestation" as we are in the humid south and we must stay on top of this.

We sincerely apologize that you did not realize the total experience of your vacation while at our hotel. We certainly take all our guests comments very seriously as we did yours to rectify the problem.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence and show you the best of Savannah. Please contact us further when returning to Savannah and we will do our very best to make amends.

Staff and Management
Middleburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husand and I are very satisfied with our stay. Very clean, great staff, huge room, comfortable king bed, and near I-95. Will definitely stay again and looking forward to our next stay. Thank you so much for such a great stay and please keep up the good work. Your company is doing a very good job.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

When i booked the hotel i booked based off of others reviews and mainly the PRICE!.. When we got there my fiance and i were absolutely thrilled with everything! The room was HUGE and Very clean! The bed was very comfortable and that's a huge thing considering i have a bad back!.... I want to also say that the staff was VERY friendly and made thing very easy.... We actually liked the place and of course Savannah SOOO much that we stay 3 nights instead of 2... The Hotel is like 5 mins outside of downtown and with the hotels FREE shuttle service it made it very nice to get dropped off downtown and go walk around then get picked up at a later time.... We will without a doubt be going back and staying there MANY more times in the future and COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER PLACE TO STAY!!.... I usually don't write reviews but i had to let everyone know to stay here!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple