“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We were forced by traffic to park five blocks away. Needless to say we were late for our reservation and arrived a bit disheveled. We were welcomed with the usual grace. Because it was the second Saturday of Restaurant Week, we had a slight wait. They knew from the reservation we were celebrating our anniversary (39) and were kind to mention it. The food was great. My wife had the ginger soup, and said it was delicious. Then she had the stuffed chicken (always her favorite) along with sweet potatoes. Both of which were exceptionally delicious.
I had the jumbo lump crab cakes entree with sauteed mushrooms. Thoroughly delighted. The servers were all excellent. The main server was Sean. But those who assisted were very good also. In short, it was a thoroughgoing great experience. It's hard to find superlatives, because superlative food and service are normal at Ruth's Chris in Savannah!

Date of visit: August 2019
DayTrip702364, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review Robbie! I am glad we impressed you all around! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (576)

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We again went for restaurant week. Menu got a little more expensive, but it’s still a good deal. Steak is very well prepared. Service is excellent as always. The only problem is that every time we make reservation, we get seated 20-30 minutes later.

Date of visit: August 2019
DayTrip702364, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We apologize for the long wait, but we are super happy your enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately we chose the wrong restaurant for our anniversary dinner. I will say the front of the house manager Eric was exceptional with a response to my call. We came back the next evening for an appetizer and glass of wine. I will say Jordan was a breath of fresh air with a deep understanding of customer service. She even offered to provide desserts to take with us as the night before the cheesecakes must have been dipped in steak drippings? So I will extend a thank you to Eric and Jordan, unfortunately the damage was done to change my opinion on the original visit.

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

We dined at RC last night for a family dinner. Excellent food and a great waiter, Matt, went out of his way to take care of everyone. Beautiful and comfortable seating with no noise even though restaurant was completely full. Lively evening.

1  Thank 619LizH
DayTrip702364, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

We are so glad you had such a great time Liz! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2019

Deciding to treat me like a queen on my birthday, my husband offered me the "best in town" making reservations at Ruth's Chris. Even though the restaurant was half emptied at our arrival, we were asked to wait a little. The hostess then took us to a table for 4 (again, we had made reservations for 2), and left the extra dinnerware there, possibly for decoration? The next person who came to offer water also left without removing anything. Finally, our official waiter, Jameel, thought about it, Eureka! We really liked his personality, however, he was totally clueless on the list of tequilas they offer. He did check it for us but announced very inaccurate prices...
For appetizer, we chose to share the calamari which were okay but not great, way too rich to my opinion. We then selected our steaks and sides, which come a la carte, and are NOT CHEAP at all. It was my birthday, I decided to splurge with the roasted Brussels sprouts. They came hard and dry, the side leaves completely burned, and the bacon cooked but not crispy. Basically, it felt like the bacon had been cooked earlier on and microwaved right before making it to the table. And the sprouts were definitely not born that day, nor the day before! When the manager came to our table to ask how everything was, I had to mention my disappointment on the sides (my husband chose the very, VERY sweet potato casserole). You could tell that the manager is not used to negative critics whatsoever, and instead of taking the dish that I had barely touched away, he just left our table. We never saw him again, the sprouts were neither taken back to the kitchen nor taken off our check. I am sorry, but this is neither exemplary professional nor high standard.
On a positive note, the steaks were truly, AMAZING. Except for the price. What can possibly justify $50 for 2 medallions, no matter how tasty and tender? It does melt in your mouth though! And Jameel gave me a mini cheese cake to go for my birthday. We left him a very generous type, knowing that we would never come back.

Date of visit: July 2019
DayTrip702364, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us on your birthday. Please reach out to Rachel Mammina, our general manager, or any one of our managers at the restaurant (912)721-4800, and allow us to make this right for you.