“Great Disappointment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Quality Is Not A Trend. It's Our Signature. The memory of a great meal stays with you long after the table's been cleared. Which is why we use only the freshest and finest ingredients, like USDA Prime steaks, fresh-squeezed juices and locally sourced produce. Quality ingredients, attention to detail and that special sizzle - it's what we're passionate about. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business dinner, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Our Savannah steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere and impeccable service.
“Great Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have eaten at Ruth's Chris in several different locations around the country, and find them all to be very satisfying, although priced extremely high.

I have often eaten at the location here in my home city of Savannah, GA and for the most part was satisfied until the last three times that my wife and I have eaten there.

I am an avid steak eater, and like my steaks on the rare side. The last three time I have had meals there, the steaks seemed smaller than what the orders were in the past and much thinner. All three times the meat came out from medium to medium well done. My wife is in the food industry and hates to send food back, so I unfortunately bit the proverbial bullet, so to speak.

While is not to say that I will not go back to Ruth's Chris in Savannah, in the future, if I order a steak, it will probably be the petite filet (last time was the rib eye, time before was the NY strip) I will order it rare and hope for the best. Otherwise, I will seek to order something different.

I know they changed managers several times in the past year or so, and may have done the same with kitchen help. Whatever the reason, and especially at the prices they charge, it seems to be going downhill.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Savannah, Georgia
“Glad we gave this chain another try ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Years ago we had a not bad, but not impressive for the price experience with Ruth's Chris in Bellevue, WA. The quality expected for the price, was not up to par and until last week, we have not returned. Having purchased specially priced gift cards we decided to give the Ruth's Chris in Savannah, GA a try.

From the time we entered the service was wonderful. For me good service makes or breaks the experience. We were seated at a lovely table, off the beaten path, and from the water and bread person to our waiter we were made comfortable and had all our questions answered.

We had surf and turf and, of course the filet was divine, but I was surprised at moistness and freshness of the lobster tail. We enjoyed our wine, side items and dessert.

Our waiter, Brian, made the experience extra special as he gave excellent service in a down-to-earth, friendly way. We will definitely return. Yum.

Savannah, Georgia
“Fabulous Food and Impeccable Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My Husband and i went to dinner at Ruth's Chris in Savannah last night (it was my first time there and his second). Every staff member, from the hostess to the bus boy, was absolutely wonderful. Our server Chris was top notch: knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The General Manager also visited our table and chatted with us - these people know customer service and delivery it with grace and excellence! Definitely come to Ruth's Chris Savannah!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Even BETTER than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Husband and I went for our 14th Anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. Read many reviews prior to going and wasn't sure we would enjoy it as much for the proce. We had a T-Bone-$55, Surf&Turf (Steak&Lobster)-&66, Mashed potatoes-$9, Potato Au Gratin-$9, and two glasses of velvet devil wine for $18. Total: $172 (Tip: $30). The waiter "Christopher" was the best ever! He knew the menu well and provided a special free anniversay delivery of chocolate cheesecake & berries with vanilla sauce. Paul the manager was just as great! They both continued to make sure we were OK and joked with us the entire time. We will be back!

1 Thank J B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Round Two - Success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to dine here for Savannah restaurant week like we did during the summer, but timing wasn't all there. He surprised me with going the day before Valentines. Our server Christopher, a young gentlemen who was very knowledgable about the menu, made our experience completely. Everything was great and we will definitely be back, requesting Christopher for our service!