“Nomad is NotBAD! Awesome actually!!! :) Just go!”
Review of Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co. - CLOSED

Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun and unique-to-Savannah adventure outside of the historic district? That's why Nomad Paddlesports was born! Intimate, historic, and fun guided kayak WEEKEND ECO-TOURS of the Savannah, Georgia area waterways including Ebenezer Creek, the Ogeechee River, Little Tybee Island, and others! Ages 7 and up! We are a mobile business and therefore lack a retail store front, but please check out our website for more details and the schedule of eco-tours! All eco-tours must be booked online through our secure portal and your tickets will be emailed! Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express accepted! The world is two-thirds water, let's go paddling!
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Two children 12 & 13, and wife.
The ride down river was so awesome and relaxing. Middle August, not hot at all. The ride back was just at the kids limits. I think we could have turned around about five minutes sooner and been a little better off, but how would anyone be able to tell? Jake said the river seemed to be a little stronger current that day, so we had to really exercise on the way back. That's not a bad thing for this couch potato! He was informative and has done his research on the area. We were paired with another group of beginners and we all had a great time! The cypress forests were not to be forgotten easily.....absolutely beautiful. There were no alligators to speak of. I doubt they would be in this stretch of water regularly, as the oxygen content and fish species probably would not be conducive to their hunting and not enough land around for lying in the sun...or hunting larger prey. While they could always be around migrating, or whatever, I don't think you have much to worry about. Have a good time! The only suggestion I have is that he include a tow, just in case kids need some help at the end. Keep up the great work! peace

Date of experience: August 2017
Nomad_GA, Owner at Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co., responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you for choosing us! I am very happy that the four of you enjoyed yourselves & were able to paddle with us on your way to see the Great American Eclipse! I had just as much fun! Also, thank you for the feedback and suggestion. For other review readers, consider the tow rope done!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2017

What a great morning on the water with Jake and Melissa! My son and I had never done salt water kayaking before and Jake and Melissa were great guides with nice equipment. We honestly didn't have to bring a thing but suntan lotion and water. They had everything ready to go and there was no delay in getting in the water. If you only have limited time visiting the Savannah area and want to take a couple of hours to try something new and exciting, I highly recommend Nomad Paddlesports. We explored the salt water marshes around Little Tybee Island, learned a lot about the area from our guides, and were on our way by noon. Thanks for a great experience!

Date of experience: July 2017
Nomad_GA, Owner at Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co., responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for your review and recommendation! The two of us are very happy that you both had such a great time! Thank you for your business!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time kayaking. My nerves were soon settled after talking to Jake and Melissa. They were so patient and great instructors. The creek is fabulous. It's so beautiful and full of photo opportunities. Jake told historical stories that were so interesting and fun to hear. Melissa pointed out great photo ops and was so patient with me. I couldn't stop smiling and this was the best experience I have ever had. I can't stop talking about it. I will definitely do this again. I'm going to try the Tybee tour next time.

Date of experience: July 2017
Nomad_GA, Owner at Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co., responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thank you so much! The two of us are so happy that you had the time of your life! We like to help make memories. We will be here when you're ready for your next adventure!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I have enjoyed two wonderful kayaking tours with Nomad Paddlesports.

When you arrive at your meeting point Jake, the owner of Nomad Paddlesports, is waiting with a smile and all equipment is set up. He has great kayaks sitting by the water with life jackets and paddles waiting to set out for a tour. I love how easy it is for us to get out on the water using Nomad Paddlesports! Whether this is your first time on the water or you're a pro, these sit-on kayaks are easy to paddle and to balance.

You'll enjoy the the company of the tour guides Jake and Melissa as they guide you through the tour. As you kayak they help by pointing out beautiful scenery and wildlife as well as explaining the history of the area your kayaking. I have kayaked Ebenezer Creek and Little Tybee Island with Nomad Paddlesports and both are uniquely breathtaking.

Nomad Paddlesports is an amazing company that allows you to simply enjoy being out on the water with friends and amazing tour guides Jake and Melissa.

Date of experience: February 2017
Nomad_GA, Owner at Nomad Paddlesports, Ltd. Co., responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for the kind words and the positive review of our tours! It feels good to know that the two of you enjoyed yourselves so much!