“Good BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Pooler, Georgia
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband & I chose this restaurant because we had a coupon. The reviews we read were mixed, but leaning more toward the good side, so we decided to try. The service was outstanding. Our waitress was prompt with our drink orders, then gave us the perfect amount of time to peruse the menu before coming back to take our order. He had the Sampler Plate, which was heaping full of country ribs, pulled pork, sausage link & smoked chicken, which he enjoyed very much. There was so much meat he had to bring home a doggy bag! I had the half rack baby back ribs. They weren't fall off the bone tender, but they were tasty, & the sauce was great! For sides, we had red potato salad, baked beans & vinegar based cole slaw. They were all very tasty! The staff was friendly & efficient. The owner stopped by to make sure we were happy with our choices. We will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Robert N Rebecc... W

Toronto, Canada
“Won't be going back..”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Food was barely warm. I had the pulled chicken which on top of being cool, the selection of BBQ sauces to apply was very limited. She had the pulled pork which was also cool. The baked beans were bland and again barely warm. The green beans tasted as if they were straight from a can. We chose this place due to having a gift card (Sav Menu). The server was very friendly and for that reason we did not complain about the food. Even though it's been a good 8 months since our visit, the terrible food still reminds us each time we pass this place to keep on driving.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Jonathan D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not good”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am from Philadelphia always thought food in the south is good WRONG. Would not go back here someone else paid for it. The red rice was dish water rib horrible.need to come up here show them how to make some ribs.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Tara J
Savannah, Georgia
“Best food I ever ate, but I will never come back!!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I loved the food, the service, and the staff. The where all great. Here is the problem. On the 4 or five occasions I have eaten there the scenario has been the same. Let me start out by saying that I think the guy in question is the owner. The first time we ate there it was a full house. The apparent owner had his little girl running around unsupervised , and she was messing with other patrons, playing with her toys, and actually sitting at the bar. The food and service was so great that I just over looked it as a fluke and sometimes everybody gets in a bind, so no worries. The second time it was a similar situation, but this time apparently someone had made a mistake, the same guy was in the kitchen going off on one of the staff. The whole resturaunt could hear it. His language was very offensive, and the girl he was screaming at started to cry. I said something to my wife, and she told me to just mind my own business, cus we dont know what was actually going on. Again food, great service great still gonna come back. The third time we came it was a little slow. We worried the food would not be as good, because we came on a off time. Our mistake, it was wonderful. As , we where leaving, our waitress, who was great, apparently just got fired or quit, and storm out the "owner" cursing at her as she walked out. He was all the wa in the back of the kitchen.We left and said we would never come back. After a year we wanted to try it out again. We loved the food so much and the staff was always smiling and friendly. We came in again and it was dead, the hostess told us we had just missed the rush hour. So we sat down and ordered. We saw the onwer, who we now know his name is Matt Straling or something, sitting at the bar eating. He came over introduced himself and asked if we where enjoying everything. We where and did have a great experience this time. The last time we came in, there was a so so crowd. We sat down and ordered our food. 20 minutes or so later we hear a crash in the kitchen we were at the bar this time and there was Matt throwing pans and dishes cussing out the staff act like a real jerk. We heard him calling the staff all kinds of demeaning names, and acting awful for the whole restraunt to hear. Me and My wife talked about it and we decided to just leave, but as we did out cam Matt smiling, and first words out his mouth were welcome back with a smile on his face. We didnt even speak to him and walked out the door. We will never be back. This man has a great business, with great employees, but I will never go back, because I cant support a man who treats his employees, like that.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank ChuckD150
“Ok”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Food taste okay.... Nothing special about this place. Kind of stunk in the inside..

2 Thank Sunny843