“Come hungry and ready to learn more about Savannah”

Savannah Foody Tour
Ranked #13 of 20 Food & Drink in Savannah
Fayetteville, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Come hungry and ready to learn more about Savannah”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our tour guide, Irene, was fantastic! The food was awesome. I told them my mother is allergic to fish and they had delicious alternative dishes ready beforehand. Definitely a great experience. For some in the crowd, it was their second time.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank detejeke

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

If you've read the previous reviews you know what was served so I won't repeat it here. I was disappointed by this tour for several reasons. I was hoping to visit more restaurants in the historic district but most were in outlying areas on highways next to uninteresting run down stores, homes and gas stations. The first restaurant was actually in the parking lot of the visitor center where we boarded the bus. A second reason for being disappointed was the difficulty I had hearing the driver. My seat was at the very back of the bus, the speaker in the back was broken and the air conditioning was very loud. I was able to get a different seat each time we reboarded the bus. I was unimpressed with the food at most of the places, the most disapppointing being Lady and Sons (Paula Deen's). The buffet items looked very unappetizing. I choose chicken which was difficult to eat on the bus and I did get a stain on my pants while trying to eat with food on my lap. I would not recommend this tour. I recommend going on a self directed tour and trying appetizers at the bar if the goal is to get a flavor for a variety of restaurants. That's what I'm going to do.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Irene C
Southern Illinois
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Foody tour for flavors of the south”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We got to go to several different restaurants and yes one of them included Lady and Sons where you were allowed to get a small bowl of one item from the buffet. They also took us to an old local BBQ place, a sisters southern restaurant and a local seafood diner where we had key lime pie. It is a nice sample of local favorite cuisines and they give you a lot of local history during the tour which is nice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank macska
Poole, United Kingdom
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“A great way to spend three hours”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our guide Julie collected us and we set off on the tour, stopping at 6 different places ranging form a coffee shop with excellent quiche, fried green tomatoes, key lime pie etc. I guess that my only criticism would be that at Paula Deens restaurant we had to take the food away and eat it on the bus, but no great problem. Julie was knowledgeable and funny and after 3 hours we we somewhat full. Don't have breakfast beforehand and plan on a late dinner.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Justonemoreholiday
Townville, South Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nothing gourmet about it”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was humiliating to be treated like an outcast at Paula Deen's restaurant, where we were herded like sheep through the buffet, severely watched by the staff so we didn't take more than our styfoam cup of one item. Then to the bus to eat it - fried chicken on your lap - ridiculous, and it wasn't even that good. I've been on other foodie tours where the cuisine was indeed gourmet and served proudly on real china by the owners or chefs and often accompanied by wine or a signature drink. This was two stops for nearly identical fried chicken, mac and cheese, and other staples you can get anywhere in the south. The trip was a total disappointment and I cannot recommend it to anyone with an inkling of what good food served in a dignified style might be. Don't waste your time or money.

Visited April 2013