“Loved the Dresser Palmer”

Dresser Palmer House
Ranked #15 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Dresser Palmer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2006

Fabulous play to stay! This is where we'll stay when we return to Savannah. This was our first trip to Savannah and we wanted to get the flavor of the area and its history and be close to everything we wanted to do and see. The Dresser Palmer met that criteria and then some. It was within walking distance of all the Squares. The Inn itself is on a beautiful, mansion-lined quiet street and was beautiful, comfortable and charming. The room we stayed in was big and roomy and opened onto a veranda. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel like very welcome & special guests. They were available to suggest and assist with reservations for tours or dinners. Their chef prepared a gourmet breakfast every morning. We're not usually breakfast people, but we looked forward to seeing what he had prepared each morning. It was nice each evening, before we went out to dinner, to have some down time on the veranda during their wine & cheese reception. We are so glad we did not choose to stay in a hotel. - Reneaus from Fremont, CA

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2006

Being the informal travel agent for our group of friends, I needed to book 3 rooms for an evening in Savannah before our annual Hilton Head pilgrimage. I found the Dresser Palmer House on Tripadvisor, and they were able to accommodate three couples for a single night.

Overall, it was an experience for the senses. We arrived early afternoon, and David Moore, the General Manager gave us a tour of the inn. He then recommended a small, funky bistro nearby for lunch. Back at the inn, we had wine & appetizers on the front porch later in the day. For dinner, he also recommended a great seafood restaurant near the Riverwalk.

Our room, the Mary Telfair, was convenient to all parts of the inn. In the morning, we went for a walk in beautiful Forsythe Park the next morning (one block away); and then had a signature breakfast of Praline-covered French Toast. Superb!!! To capture the flavor of this beautiful, quirky city, I would recommend this inn with no hesitancy. It was a wonderful experience, and it's also a great value.

8 Thank Soxfan4ever
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2006

Do not hesitate to stay here. everything -- food, ambiance, the other people, staff,happy hour -- was top notch.
Will most definitely return. Ask for the AAA discount.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

My husband and I recently returned from our first anniversary trip to Savannah, Ga. We stayed at the Dresser Palmer Inn which was wonderful. We stayed in the Henry Palmer room which was beautiful. The breakfasts were out of sight and the staff for the most part was friendly. One particular staff member questioned me for wanting to take the newspaper to my room to read. It was 9pm so as far as I'm concerned it was old news by then anyway (especially since there were tv's in the room to keep you informed of the days news)so when he questioned the fact that I was going to take it to my room I was appalled. I had every intention of returning it once I finished so I'm not sure what the big deal was. It just really bothered me that I was a guest in their house and I couldn't read the paper in my own private room. It clearly states in their handbook that the paper is available for the guests at the inn. Other than that, our stay was wonderful. What a beautiful city!! We enjoyed walking during the day discovering all of the history that Savannah holds. We plan to return to Savannah again soon and plan to stay at the Dresser Palmer Inn when we do!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member