All reviews palm suite cookies sago other guests banana french toast historic district afternoon wine and snacks perfect hosts within walking distance trip to savannah b bs every afternoon bed and breakfast four poster bed breakfast was delicious wonderful hospitality off street parking
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019

Rob and Angela were great hosts. Wish I could recall the name of our room - all of them have a different kind of palm theme with matching decor, etc. The room was large, and the bed was amazingly comfortable and I slept like a rock. There is a mini-fridge with cold water and a coffee maker. The room stayed cool in the August heat and was in a quiet neighborhood just east of the main walking area in town, but close enough that you could still walk to everything - from the river, to Forsyth park, and everywhere in between.

Amenities include a happy hour with free wine and sweets (the sweets are available 24/7) and an excellent homemade breakfast with dietary needs considered. I had a pecan french toast with bacon, sausage, fruit, OJ and coffee.

A couple of caveats: yes there are only three free parking spaces for four guests and we got the short end, but we parked on the street right in front and I think it was only 50 cents an hour, so I didn't care about that. Another caveat is that the stairs are very steep, reflecting the high ceilings of the home, so if that is a concern for you be forewarned (it wasn't for us).

Rob and Angela couldn't have been better hosts and we highly recommend the Green Palm Inn to travelers to Savannah.

Date of stay: August 2019
RobFrith, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Hi Gail and Nicholas,
Thanks for the lovely review. You were in the Sabal, and we are delighted that you enjoyed it and stayed cool during this crazy hot weather. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Jill and I have always wanted to visit Savannah. We’d heard the historic district was special and the trees and squares were unbelievable. So we naturally wanted to stay in the area. I think we were very lucky in choosing to stay at the Green Palm Inn. My wife is usually happy to go with a chain hotel so there are no surprises, but I overruled her and chose this bed & breakfast for its location. Rob and Angela are super hosts! Breakfasts were amazing; varied and creative! Our room was quiet and inviting. And kudos for their restaurant recommendations (and warnings). We love shrimp but being from Houston we have only eaten Gulf shrimp, Here we experienced Atlantic shrimp which is larger and sweeter and it is done right in Savannah! And they also recommended at restaurant off the beaten path where I had the best hamburger I’ve ever had. Again this is quite a feat for a Texan to get his best burger in Georgia! If you stay here I’m sure you will eat right, sleep right, and have a wonderful experience.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RobFrith, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hi Mike and Jill,
Thank you for such a lovely review! We are delighted that our recommendations worked out so well for you both, and you enjoyed the wonderful food that Savannah has to offer. Yes, those shrimp are pretty good, aren't they? We really enjoyed having you stay with us, and hope to see you next time you visit this wonderful city.

Reviewed August 8, 2019

My husband and I visited the green palm in for our 20th wedding anniversary. The inn is beautiful and the hosts are amazing and gracious. Our room was luxurious and the breakfasts were beyond delicious We received great suggestions on where to go to eat and what to do. The parking was convenient we didn’t need to use our car at all we could walk everywhere. I highly recommend the green palm inn for your visit to Savannah.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RobFrith, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Hi John and Lisa,
Thank you for the great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that we helped you celebrate your anniversary in beautiful Savannah.
We'll have to stay on your boat when you get it!!

Reviewed August 8, 2019

We recently had a lovely 2 night stay at Green Palm Inn. Angela and Rob are wonderful hosts, very personable and helpful. Everything was spot-on, and the breakfasts were exceptional. We liked the quiet location, yet close to the river. We recommend Green Palm Inn, and we hope to return very soon. Thank you Angela and Rob!

Hello Pat and Lisa,
Thank you for the lovely review and recommendation! We hope to see you next time you head north on I-95!

Reviewed July 26, 2019

We spent one night at the inn and we had a very nice stay. The inn is clean and well located. Beds are extremely comfortable.. The innkeepers were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious.
The free WiFii was easy to access. We would definitely return on our next trip to Savannah.

Date of stay: July 2019
RobFrith, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2019

Hi Joyce,
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure meeting you both, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Savannah.