“Great place to stay!!!”
Review of Green Palm Inn

Green Palm Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Like almost all the reviewers who have stayed at this Savannah gem, we found everything to our liking. I cannot say more than others have already said - vey nice room (we were in the smaller of the rooms) great breakfast, wonderful innkeeper. Remember this a very small Inn - only four rooms - so it has a very cosy feel. We would certainly stay here again if we got the chance to visit Savannah again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent four nights here and hated to leave. Diane made us feel like family. She had great suggestions for activites and meals. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious. There were homemade snacks every afternoon that were also delicious. The Green Palm Inn sets a new standard for B&B's in our minds.

• Stayed: May 2013
GAMcCray, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

It is always a pleasure to have folks come stay with us at the Green Palm Inn! Thank you for your very wonderful compliments and I hope you will come back again to see more of our Savannah. Have a fabulous summer!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

There are only four rooms. Two larger ones in facing President Street and two small ones backing up on State Street. We had one of the smaller rooms, Palmetto, which was comfortable. The inn keeper, Diane, definitely makes you feel like family. The breakfasts were large by our standards and filled us for the day. Since they were so good, we ate all that was served. We had ample opportunity at breakfast and the afternoon wine and snacks to talk with the other guests and exchange thoughts on plans and experiences. Overall a fantastic experience at the Green Palm and Savannah

Room Tip: There are four rooms. The front rooms are more spacious. If you want or need more space in the room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GAMcCray, Owner at Green Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

It was a true pleasure to have you here with us at the Green Palm Inn! The city was beautiful during your stay and I always enjoy hearing about the things my guests experience during their day here in my Savannah. I hope you will consider the Green Palm your home away from home. Come back and visit any time!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I saw all these great reviews so today (May 24,2013) I went to Greene Square where I will be holding my wedding in September. My goal was to take pictures of the square and then walk over to take pictures of The Green Palm Inn. I wanted to ask a few questions and maybe get a first hand look inside. The woman (who I believe is the owner/operator) opened the door in a huff saying "Yea, what do YOU want?!" and I excused myself from her entryway. She exclaimed "I'm in a bit of a battle on my phone here, did you need something?". I told her I was interested in information to get a honeymoon weekend at her Inn. She told me she thought I wanted to sell her something but if I waited for her phone call to end I could ask my questions. I told her I wasn't trying to sell her something, I was trying to give her money and my business! She didn't even blink or attempt to apologize for being so brash! She looked at me like I was some miscreant on the side of the road! Maybe she treats OTHER people differently, but for individuals wanting RESPECT I would look elsewhere. I booked a honeymoon suite for an entire weekend with another Inn that was very happy I walked in to visit them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank MeganT730

I am very sorry Megan that you were treated so poorly. That should never have happened here at the Green Palm Inn. Everyone should be treated with respect. Unfortunately, it did happen to you and I apologize for that. I looked on our calendar and did not see that you were scheduled to come over to see the Inn or to take pictures. Because the Inn is small and it is our home, we could not allow none guests to come in to look and picture take unless there was no one in the rooms. That being said, you still should have been treated much better than you were that day.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you are going to Savannah and you want a wonderful place to stay, then the Green Palm Inn is for you. The decor is beautiful (we stayed in the Sabel Palm Suite) the bed is insanely comfortable, the breakfasts are excellent and plentiful but most of all, the hospitality is amazing. Diane, the owner, welcomes you like an old friend. Cheryl is often there in the afternoons and is incredibly nice and helpful as well. Every day at 4:00 they put out some homemade snacks and wine. I've never seen that at a B&B before. It's a nice way to meet some other guests and just have some relaxing tome in the pretty living area looking through books on Savannah. I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough. You will love it!

Room Tip: The Sabel Palm is a very large and pretty room. All the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We do have just the best time here in Savannah! Thank you for coming to stay with us! Spending time with my guests, getting to know you, is the best part of my day. I always want you to feel as though you are a part of my family. Have a fabulous summer and come back to see us!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Savannah for a Springtime getaway and found the Green Palm Inn to be a warm and welcoming place to stay. We have visited many B&B's over the past few years, and the Green Palm Inn is one of the best we have found. Diane and Cheryl were incredibly gracious hostesses. From the moment we arrived Diane made us feel right at home. She helped us plan our visit, from fabulous restaurants (The Old Alligator Soul) to Walking Tours (Savannah Dan), to live entertainment (Old Savannah Theater). We were enjoying ourselves so much we decided to stay an extra day. Fortunately, our room was available for another night. The afternoon refreshments (wine and cheese, and other various hors D'ouevres) were another positive experience. We enjoyed meeting other guests of the Inn and sharing experiences. The Inn is right downtown in the historic area and a nice walk to many of the sights to see (although we did "cheat" by using the pedicabs fairly often; they will come to the inn and pick you up at the front door). Simply a wonderful few days at an incredible B&B.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dwalters872
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay at Green Palm Inn, lovely room, and great hospitality from
Dianne and Cheryl. Breakfasts were outstanding, and afternoon hors d'ouevres and wine gave
us an opportunity to chat with our hosts and fellow guests.. we were made to feel at home and
they could not have done more for us.. we highly recommend and would absolutely stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple