1,364 results
All reviews klondike bars wine and cheese river street ice cream treats joe's crab shack loft bedroom turn down service each evening factors walk full kitchen wine reception other guests parking spot within walking distance historic building restaurants and shops trip to savannah
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We only stayed overnight to meet friends to watch the Superbowl - beautiful room on the second floor on the river. Two floors, kitchen, nicely decorated, living room, dining area, balcony & ships passing outside going to the port. Very quiet and Kevin was extremely nice, warm and friendly. They had a journal from 2007 to 2011 for guests, and it was full of rave reviews. Very nice time, great bargain - all of that for $130/night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I spent several days at the Olde Harbour Inn over the New Year’s holiday. All in all, this is a nice hotel, but it does have some issues potential guests should be aware of.

First, the good stuff:

Our room was spacious, with a bedroom, kitchen, bath, and living room. The décor was tasteful and the room was generally well-maintained. We were in a second floor corner/end unit, so we had sunlight in every room, including the bath and kitchen. The staff was courteous and helpful, and the turn-down (and ice cream bar) service at night was a pleasant touch. They provided a small bottle of champagne and two glasses on New Year’s Eve. Wine and hors d’oeuvres are served in the lobby every night. Savannah is a walking city, and the hotel’s location is ideal – right on the river and close to many of the downtown attractions.

And the issues:

Groups of rooms share an access card-controlled lobby. In our case we shared a hallway door with two other guest rooms. The outer door closed loudly, and since the three inner doors were somewhat loose in their casings each time the outer door opened or closed the inner doors all shook and rattled loudly.

The plumbing is noisy. We heard water running through pipes every time a nearby guest flushed their toilet, ran their shower, or used their sink.

The water side (River Street) of the hotel is busy well into the night, with walking and driving tourists, tour vehicles, and service vehicles. Our bedroom was at the opposite end from the street, but those sensitive to sound may have difficulty sleeping. The ship and tugboat traffic mentioned by other reviewers didn’t bother us.

At one point in its long history, the warehouse building that now houses the Olde Harbour Inn served as a kerosene factory. I have a very good sense of smell and was able to smell the kerosene that had long ago seeped into the walls and floors. I left the living room windows open several inches for most of the duration of our stay.

Our bed was the squeakiest I’ve ever attempted to sleep in. Every slight move caused the springs to squeal.

Our couch had some age issues as well, sagging pretty seriously in the middle.

Our room had no alarm clock. I assume one could call for a wake-up, but we used our smartphone alarms.

Parking is somewhat limited, but the staff gave us a pass good for two days. All parking is street parking. We walked most of the time we were in town, but did manage to find parking nearby.

Breakfast included typical hotel fare – sausages, bacon, biscuits, fruit, cereal, coffee, yogurt, etc. – but, oddly, no eggs.

The verdict? We enjoyed our stay at the Olde Harbour Inn, and we’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CircusCyaneus
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I initially stayed at the Olde Harbour Inn because of the proximity to River Street and the Historic District. Parking in downtown Savannah can be difficult and the inn is within easy walking distance of everything we wanted to do. Now we stay at Olde Harbour because of the staff and accommodations! From Erica and James at the front desk to Dominique and Kevin on bellman duty, every employee is gracious and knowledgeable. They've helped us with restaurant recommendations, directions to places we've wanted to visit, and suggestions of places to see...they even conspired with my husband to set up a wonderful anniversary surprise and made all of the arrangements! We love the nightly turn-down service; no measly mints on the pillow...Klondike bars in the freezer instead! The rooms are huge with the most comfortable beds and luxurious linens! We've fallen in love with the Olde Harbour Inn!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I've been coming to Savannah for almost 24 years and i have always wanted to stay downtown but never did because i had a house to stay in owned by my family in a nearby town. The prices have always scared us away. This was the first place i've ever stayed downtown.

I purchased the haunted ghost tour package for a two night stay. When i got there the bell man was incredibly friendly and helped me with my luggage. They gave me a little tour of the place and then showed me to my room. it was on the lower level and was the queen sized suite, i believe the room was called "the constitution" or something. I had no idea how big the suite would end up being! the suite was so big the length of it was from the front to the back of the building. there was a living room, a kitchen (with table, microwave, big fridge with klondike bars in the freezer!, cupboard with plates cups and silverware, and a sink) a hallway, a bathroom, and a bedroom with nice feathered down pillows and comforter and two monogrammed waffle robes. my folks were there when i checked in and they were very jealous! there was a tv in the living room with hbo. there was a desk and the room got wifi. then there was a little book on the table in the corner and i thought it was a bible, but it turns out it was a traveler's journal with entries from all of the people who had stayed in the room. i added my own little entry. it was very interesting reading all of the stories of people who had stayed there the last 10 years.

i purchased a city parking permit (which i believe is the best thing to do in savannah if staying downtown-in fact i wish i had called to see if i could get a weekly pass). the permit is only $10 bucks for 24 hours. pretty good deal because you can park anywhere in the city and not have to worry about getting fined or booted (just look out for sweeping zones if parking over night). I ended up parking just out in front of my room. it was very easy.
the view from the bedroom was so charming. i loved looking out and seeing the little tugboat and the bright morning sky. there was a card on the bed stand from the housekeeper and it gave the weather forecast which was nice. The ghost book (that came with the package) was sitting on the bed stand waiting for me with a letter enclosed. There was a nicely decorated sitting room in the main house for tea time and cookies at 3pm and wine and cheese hour at around 5:30-7pm. the wine was good and i got to meet and talk to other very interesting people.

i read the room guide and it had some interesting history on the hotel and riverfront.

there was a little intercom in the room so that if someone came to the outside door of the building they could press the button for your room and you could talk.

there was a turnover service around 8 or 9 where they come and bring you more klondike bars.

i arranged for the ghost tour the night i got there and went on it the next evening with my father. i've been on many ghost tours in savannah and this was by far the best. it was under oglethorpe tours and the lady knew what she was talking about. she actually knew the correct history of the town and she had a real passion for the haunted history of the city. larry the bus driver was also very entertaining. my dad, who has corrected many O- tour guides throughout the year on the tours in savannah because he is from there, didn't have to correct her once because she knew everything and more. it was fun because we got to go in a tunnel under the old candler hospital that my dad hadn't seen since he was a little boy. it was a treat for him.

i will say that i truly believe that the olde harbor inn is haunted. i had some strange things happen in my room. things that moved without explanation. the front desk told me about their resident ghost "Hank." don't worry though, the ghost(s) are just pranksters and strangely i felt comfort that i wasn't alone.

the location was really fantastic.

The only downsides were as follows: the breakfast was pretty bad and there was a jar of moldy fruit. i reported this and the man at the front desk said he would take care of that. he seemed like he was genuinely displeased to hear that someone hadn't taken care of it. he was very friendly and helpful at the front desk.

the walls are paper thin. i mean you can hear every word a person says next door. now i actually didn't mind this so much, in fact i found it oddly humorous and amusing...but if i had been on a honeymoon i'm sure i would not find it very amusing.... unless that is somehow a turn on for you and your partner.

the living room furniture could use a little updating and new upholstery. I'd also like to see the guide book have more recommendations and possibly some coupons for guests.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank carla054
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Wonderful staff, esp James on the desk & Pat from the kitchen.Can walk to everything from here. Loved the tug boats & big ships going by our window. Nice cont. breakfast and pleasant wine and horsdevores in evening. Stayed in suite and enjoyed all the extra room - plenty of closet space. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends