1,347 results
All reviewsklondike barswine and cheeseriver streetice cream treatsjoe's crab shackloft bedroomturn down serviceeach eveningfactors walkfull kitchenwine receptionother guestsparking spotwithin walking distancehistoric buildingrestaurants and shopstrip to savannah
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were on a 12 day vacation, we spent only 3 days in one place, at the Olde Harbor Inn, so, we saw a few hotels and B&B's in our recent travels. This was our favorite. The staff was warm and friendly. The rooms, were very spacious. Every night we would get a klondike ice cream bar delivered to our room... to cool, Part of the great part of this Hotel, is its uniqueness of the whole hotel, we have never stayed in a place like it. there are no elevators, no vending machines, etc. It really reflected the area of historic Savannah. and the price... Wow. one of the cheapest we stayed at!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reddwolf
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice property on river street, Large rooms, a little dated. My only complaint was housekeeping, which I told the front desk. Kevin and the front desk lady was helpful and nice. I liked the wine and cheese they serve at 4:00 p.m. We meet some of the other guest that was staying on property. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great value for the price. Staff very gracious. Breakfast was just ok. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. For disabled would be difficult to manage stairs to gain access. Stayed 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Weather was near 80 each day dipping to 65 at night.

Room Tip: Not in the heart of Savannah's historic area but an easy walk. Room was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BBSavannah1, Director of Sales at Olde Harbour Inn - River Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Phil,
We appreciate very much you taking the time to tell other guests about your experience at Olde Harbour Inn. But, we sincerely hope that your scoring us a "1" was not what you intended! We ask this, because your first sentence says it's a "great value for the price," --- yet the score for that was a "1". The same for the rooms and cleanliness comments. You complimented us and we thank you! But your score on those areas indicated we did a very, very poor job! We want to understand fully about your experience, so if it was disappointing, we can correct any deficiencies you may have experienced. Will you please contact us at the hotel and let us know if we did not provide the service you were expecting. And for future visits to Savannah, if you prefer a location not on Savannah's Historic River Street, we'll be happy to suggest one of our sister properties, perhaps the Eliza Thompson House, which is near Forsyth Park and is located on Jones Street. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you so much for staying with us at Olde Harbour Inn.
Best Regards,
Cindy Roberts
Corporate Director or Marketing & Sales
Olde Harbour Inn

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This property is beautiful outside, especially at night. And what a great location. You need to know there are NO ELEVATORS. It's all stairs. Also, you must go outside and inside, so you will need umberellas if rain is around. Service here is very good and people are delightful. Rooms are in bad need of update. Nice big and roomy space, but sparcly appointed....kitchennette is lacking. Public rooms where very nicely appointed. Breakfast okay. Juice needs to be upgraded to 100% real juice. No egg's available. Sparce breakfast but what was there was good. Never did get around to wine & cheese. It was always too packed and stuffy. Enjoyed having an ice cream treat at night. Would recommend changing that up, so it was a surprise every so often. There are so many differrent options out there...
Have a great time and love the location. Thanks for a nice stay. Oh, they are about to renovate. So I will be anxious to see the place post renovations. Hope they really really spruce up the rooms . . . ~ Jeffrey

Room Tip: Ask for the middle rooms on the 2 bedroom units. Bit more room and they have balconies on river street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I read this review while sitting in my Olde Harbour Inn room frustrated with my accommodations. It was as if I had typed it myself. I was in a 200 numbered room which is actually down a level from the front desk. It is on the second floor in relation to river street, above stores that sell all sorts of things. Our main issue was the view, smell and sound. If you want a view go with the queen size bed and balcony (only three of them located on the 4th floor). It's high enough to see over the construction (someone is building a restaurant on the river). Rooms on the second floor look at the dirt piles and construction equipment. The smell is a strong musty odor. This is the low country and it is on a river, but they should invest in some air freshiners. It's very strong for sensitive noses. Finally you can hear your neighbors on your sides and above you. Don't plan on sleeping in unless T.V., creaky floors and conversation doesn't bother you. Positive notes are the location to river street, size of room with full kitchen and very helpful and friendly staff. They really did try to help us get a better room, but were heavily booked. A+ for the staff, can't say enough good about them. My last comment is regarding the breakfast. It's true continental. The only hot food is bacon, sausage and coffee. I'm a low carb person and it was hard to find something to eat. Plan on using the full kitchen or dining out. Recommend you read "stay elsewhere" and this review to help make your decision.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple