Catherine Ward House Inn
$159
$135
$125
  • Breakfast included
East Bay Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$174
  • Pool
Planters Inn(Savannah)
$209
$199
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$214
$193
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsforsyth parkb bcaptain's roomother guestsgarden roomcarriage housefresh fruitbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfasthouse is beautifulhistoric districtthe main housesouthern hospitalitybull streeteach morninggas fireplaceprivate entrance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August and it was wonderful. Sonia and Leslie were amazing hosts and it felt like one. I stayed on my own and they made sure I was looked after and safe. Nothing was too much trouble, from booking trips to having fresh coffee for you. Breakfast was delicious, served at 8.30 or 9.30 and in a beautiful dining room around a long table with other guests. My room was a garden room and I paid more but it was a haven of tranquility to chill out in. The rooms are of a high standard and boutique like. Very well looked after and tidied 2 a day. Loved the decor and I'm fussy.

On the south side of Forsyth Park so about a 20 min stroll through park to Bull Street and squares. It was a bit further out than I thought but its actually a really good location as you have to walk through park and you feel like you are living there, the Eliza house is closer in and more North but I preferred being a bit further out. Only drawback is if you go south by accident, it feels rougher. Still I did and was on my own and ended up in the starfish cafe. It's also fab being right on park as there are bands and weddings and farmer markets. Also 5 mins from 700 restaurant and a must is Leocis Italian rest on Abercorn street behind. 700 is 4 star and hip and Leocis Trattoria is a foodies gem. Would recommend the architecture walking tour with Jonathan

Stay here, I had the best time and would come back time and time again

Room Tip: Garden ones have own seating areas
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank nelliealdershot
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the most wonderful wedding anniversary, thanks to the ladies of the Catherine Ward House. A delightful surprise when we arrived, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite of rooms.
So perfect for the occasion. They served delicious breakfasts the two mornings we were there.
They were so helpful in advising us as to where to go and what to do, and how to get around in town. We had a special anniversary dinner at a lovely restaurant they recommended. All in all. it was a very memorable time, and the two ladies certainly made it that way!!
Our thanks to them.....

Room Tip: I think any of their rooms would be nice...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 44Joan
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great place to stay in Savannah half a block from Forsyth Park and walking distance to most attractions. CLEAN!! And great breakfasts with a lovely innkeeper who could't be more helpful. My dog and I loved staying there

Room Tip: I stayed in a downstairs room with my dog and was surprised how quiet it was...not perfect...but much better than most. And, did I say CLEAN??
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank womanpilot
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Catherine Ward house the last weekend of June, 2013. We absolutely LOVED our experience. The home itself is well located just off Forsyth Park, which is a lovely stroll away from all the action downtown.

When we arrived, we were given a tour of the property and told that because they were not fully booked we could have our choice of rooms as a free upgrade. We ended up in the Catherine Suite, which was absolutely spectacular. Exactly what I always pictured for Savannah charm in a bed and breakfast. The bathroom is beautifully renovated, and the bed was like sleeping on air.

The breakfasts are absolutely delicious, not to mention beautifully presented. On top of that, they were willing to accomodate our somewhat restrictive diets due to allergies without even a hint that they were being bothered.

We were given tips of where to go and what to see, and one day even got a ride downtown along with a brief tour of the area when we didn't feel like walking.

The Catherine Ward house will definitely be the place we reccommend all our friends and family to stay when visiting Savannah. It is an absolute gem!

When you visit, be sure to ask for the story about "piggy"! And don't forget the farmers market on Saturday mornings in Forsyth Park - literally just steps away!

Room Tip: The Catherine Suite is a must!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SBarj
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my mine and my husband's 2nd stay at the Catherine Ward House in Savannah. We enjoyed our 1st stay so much that we knew we had to come back and we weren't disappointed.

Both times we stayed in Jessica's room. We really like this room because it has a private entrance and its own little porch where we can sit, relax and have a cocktail. The room is nicely furnished and has very comfortable sheets and towels - I love that!

The breakfast was wonderful! They start off with fresh fruit and then serve a nice hot breakfast. Both times we stayed here the breakfast was wonderful.

The service at the Catherine Ward house is top notch! The ladies at the house are such a delight and very accommodating. In fact, they remembered that I enjoy unsweet tea with my breakfast. I was so impressed and I love that kind of service! It will always bring me back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple