“The Great Escape”

Ranked #2 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Alpharetta,GA
“The Great Escape”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

While I often use tripadvisor as a resource, I don't often write reviews. But after staying at the Catherine Ward House Inn, I just had to. I decided to "run away from home" for few days and having never been to Savannah I jumped on Tripadvisor to see what I could find. After reading all the great reviews, I settled on the Ward House. I was very impressed with their website and even more thrilled when I saw they gave discounts to teachers. I booked the Garden room. When I arrived in Savannah I got turned around so I called the Inn. Leslie answered and gave me directions but stayed on the phone with me until I got there. When I got inside Leslie said that since I was the only one in the big house I could upgrade my room for free. She showed me every room and I finally ( after much thought since all the rooms were so wonderful) settled on the Captains room/ But it didn't end there. Leslie gave me all kinds of useful information about Savannah and even let me use the shower in Catherine's room since it has the rock floor and I have been wanting to see what that was like. The breakfasts are amazing and Sonya was also delightful to talk to.You really feel like you are a guest in Leslie's home and I can hardly wait to "run away" again next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank georgiagirlonthego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed June 29, 2012

After surfing the internet for hours trying to decide on a B&B for my sister, daughter with her dog, and myself to spend a few days while touring Savannah, I finally resorted to calling a few. The Catherine Ward House was the first one on my list and Leslie very quickly sealed my decision by offering me a deal I could not refuse. She made us feel really welcome and truly provided excellent service. My sister & I shared the Sea Trade Room and my daughter & her pet were in the Hibernian Room. Both rooms were beautifully decorated and opened out to a porch where we enjoyed early morning coffee each day brought over by Leslie. Breakfast an hour or so later was just delightful! The food and presentation were wonderfully done. Leslie & Sonia offered us great information on Savannah & things we should find fun & interesting. The location can't be beat since it is just across the street from Forsyth Park. We were able to walk the entire historic district after doing the Old Savannah Trolley Tour. I've been offering praises on Savannah & the Catherine Ward House Inn to my friends here in Northern Virginia due to the hospitality shown by Leslie. If I return to Savannah, will definitely plan to stay at this truly comfortable Inn.

Room Tip: Leslie gave us a tour of all the rooms. I don't think you could go wrong with any one she has a...
2 Thank Shirley S
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed in this beautiful B&B for our first and definitely not last visit to Savannah! Leslie could not have made our stay any more pleasant or comfortable! We were greated with a smile, a map and as much info as we wanted regarding local sights, restaurants and attractions! This B&B is beautifully decorated and sparkling clean, and a short walk to the waterfront of Savannah town. Leslie and Sonia made us the most amazing breakfasts both mornings and had emailed us before our visit to make sure that they could avoid any foods we disliked or could not eat!!
We felt spoilt and special in this beautiful place and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ohsmartymarty
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Catherine Ward House Inn multiple times -- this bed and breakfast is beautiful and very well maintained. I have stayed in several different rooms and each has been a delight. It's quiet, peaceful and within walking distance of parks and the city. The staff at the Catherine Ward House (especially Leslie) is friendly and always welcoming, making the stay an even better experience. I would recommend this B&B to anyone travelling to to Savannah, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EmilyAnne123
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Upon arrival to The Catherine Ward House, we were greeted by the innkeeper Leslie. This was my first time in Savannah, and Leslie pulled out a map of the city and pointed out the areas that we should visit. She told us exactly how to get there and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations too.
The inn is perfectly situated next to Forsyth Park. A must see in Savannah. The inn is impecably clean and decorated in the classic southern Savannah style. I stayed in room #2. It had a very comfortable queen size bed, a beautiful fireplace, and jacuzzi in the bathroom. I am vegetarian and Leslie made sure to not prepare any meat or pork dishes for. I truly felt right at home at The Catherine Ward House. I am already planning my next visit and plan to stay there over and over again!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Habanajazz21
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My little sister, an experienced B&B user, took me with her to Savannah, and we discovered this PERFECT place on a 3-night stay. This was my first B&B, and I am smitten! I am from Charleston, but am really impressed with this historic house, the special architectural touches, decorative touches, and Leslie and Sonja. We had a comfortable, comforting and relaxing stay. Breakfasts were exquisite. Location excellent and handy. Highly recommend.

2 Thank Betty W
Waycross
Reviewed June 16, 2012

What a FANTASTIC experience! Everywhere you look you find a tasteful touch from the common areas to the rooms. Each room with the little fridges were great and the jacuzzi tub divine. All 3 mornings breakfast was so substantial and delicious we didn't even want lunch! Leslie and Sonja could not have been more inviting and informative. Thanks so much ladies.

Room Tip: The pet friendly room was just beautiful, unusual for most rooms catering to pets.
2 Thank Kim D