“Wonderful stay with Wonderful Hosts”
Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #16 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My best friend and I stayed her for a girls weekend. Rocky and Jane were awesome! They were both so helpful with orienting us to the city sites, transportation (John with Yellow Cab was great!) restaurant recommendations, etc. Jane is a fabulous cook and the breakfast was quite a feast. I have gluten issues and was so touched that she fixed a gluten-free option for me at every breakfast! They went above and beyond great hospitality. Their assistant Shemisa was also great. The home and rooms were lovely! Would definitely come back and stay here and would send my friends!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I wanted a small bed and breakfast inn in historic Savannah for our first ever visit to the area. I talked with our hostess, Jane, before booking the accommodation and was warmly greeted from the very beginning. I knew it was going to be a great experience and it exceeded our expectations. We arrived a little early and were greeted by Rocky who gave us the tour and guided us to our room. Rocky was very helpful and suggested lunch ideas and when to get to Mrs. Wilkes and a warning of the wait time.

The inn is located in walking distance to most of historic Savannah. Rocky did contact a hop-on, hop-off tour for us and we were picked up and dropped off at the inn. Very convenient.

We really enjoyed our breakfasts at the inn. The food was delicious and the other guests from around the country including Canada were fun to talk with. Chelsea, Jane and Rocky were spot on with keeping the food and refreshments coming. Kudos to them for keeping on top of things.

We were able to chat with Jane and Rocky quite a bit (even met Sarah as well) and must say they became more friends than innkeepers. We would love to have them stop by in Virginia when they travel north.

We would go back to the Amethyst Inn on our next trip to Savannah and recommend it to anyone going there. The inn makes the historic area much more quaint and enjoyable when doing so.

Room Tip: We chose the Magnolia Room which has a shower only.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent the weekend at Amethyst Inn and loved it! Rocky and Jane were so welcoming; they went out of their way to ensure we had a great time. The breakfast buffet was delicious and filling. Our room had a private bath - not common in B&Bs. The Inn was walking distance from all the festivities of the River Walk but also not awash in tourists. All in all, we had a great time in Savannah and would highly recommend Amethyst to our friends. Thanks Rocky and Jane!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I attended a conference in Atlanta with my partner and at the last minute we decided to change our plans and head to Savannah for the weekend. After perusing the reviews on TripAdvisor we quickly decided upon The Amethyst Inn.
What a wonderful trip! Jane and Rocky were wonderful hosts that endured our constant questions about what to see and eat. Their Inn was lovely and we felt right at home. I would recommend The Amethyst Inn to any of my friends that travel to Savannah, GA.
Danno

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed over Valentine's weekend, and it was the perfect home-base for our Savannah explorations. Jane and Rocky were such gracious and kind hosts. They were really helpful from beginning to end. The breakfasts were delicious, and our suite in the basement was lovely. The location was also highly convenient: a short, pleasant walk to the sights of the historic district, and proximate to a grocery store. We had such an amazing stay, and would definitely recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2014

It's been a while since my wife and I visited Amethyst Inn but it was even better than I remembered. Our suite was wonderfully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast was tremendous with an egg/crab dish to die for. Owners Rocky and Jane made us feel like family, only better cause we didn't have to do any chores. It feels like I've known them my whole life. This is what I hope for whenever I stay at a B&B. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

What a pleasant stop on our way home from Walt Disney World. Rocky & Jane welcomed our family of 5 with warm hospitality, delicious food, a beautiful garden suite and the old fashioned southern comfort that we dream of. We absolutely loved our experience at this B&B! Thank you for such a memorable stay!

• Stayed: February 2014