“We stayed in May 2013”

Ranked #13 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Nampa, Idaho
“We stayed in May 2013”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am a bit slow in writing this review.
In May, we took a trip to Savannah and "stumbled" across the Inn on the web. We loved it!! We had the suite adjoining the garden. Quaint, quiet, comfortable, and the smell of Jasmine just outside the screen door. Jane and Rocky exceeded out expectations with the gourmet food, friendly atmosphere and the suggestions of places we should visit. We think of them often and would love to travel to Savannah again and stay with them!
Barb and Keith

Room Tip: The Suite is soooooo private!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in many B & B's, but staying at the Amethyst Inn was more like staying with family! Rocky and Jane were the perfect hosts. This was our first visit to Savannah and we didn't have any set plans for our week long stay. Rocky and Jane were very helpful. Each of their suggestions were right on. Dinner and a live theater on Saturday night were all set up by Jane and was a highlight of our visit. Jane's breakfasts were always delicious. Jane even prepared a special omelet for my wife who has shell fish allergies when crabs were on the menu. The Amethyst Inn is in a quieter part of town and easily within walking distance of everything in the historic downtown. We will definitely be back to visit Savannah and the Amethyst Inn is the only place we will stay! We already miss our conversations around the kitchen (and the candy jars).

Room Tip: My wife and I don't like to leave our tempur pedic bed. But the bed in the Rose room was very co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Awesome owners and staff, amazing rooms ad delicious breakfast! What more could you ask for? If you want a relaxing vacation where you feel like you are visiting your favorite, cool relatives, stay here!!!! You will absolutely love it!!!!

Stayed November 2013
Raleigh
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Savannah for our 20th, first time we've visited-great spot in the fall in the South. the B&B was very nice, and Jane & Rocky are terrific hosts. Very knowledgeable about the area. Extremely detailed map of the city and great suggestions for places to see.
The Inn itself worked well, it was in the city, but not right in the middle of town, we were in kind of a studio apartment with a small kitchen that worked well for us. We've stayed at a number of B&B's and we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Butler, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Savannah for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and this was our first experience with both Savannah and Bed & Breakfast. Jane and Rocky were excellent host and very knowledgeable about savannah. The overwhelming hospitality began before we arrived as Rocky called several times to assure that we did not need anything. Both Rocky and Jane went above and beyond to assure that our 25th anniversary was special. From making dinner reservations to providing suggestions on what to see and do in Savannah. They were certainly the best Host that we could have asked for. The home was quaint with old southern charm right down to the decorations. The most disappointing aspect was the "breakfast" part of bed & breakfast. Do not always assume that Breakfast means Breakfast. While Jane and Rocky were certainly very nice, breakfast consisted of fruit, small casserole, and granola. I am thankful that we were able to find a room as it was a busy weekend for savannah. Overall, way overpriced ($250 / nght) and not as described in the reviews. Jane and Rocky are great, but we won't return.

1 Thank allen p
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife & I stayed two days last week. I wish we could have stayed much longer. The location is great for walking or driving around the town. Jane and Rocky filled every wish. The breakfasts were great,... Get Jane's recipe for grits. The king size bed will wind up costing us,...Now we have to get one like it for our home. We're going to go back for a longer stay next time.

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Savannah last weekend. I'd never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before and wasn't sure if I was going to like it but we absolutely loved it!!!!!!! The owners were fantastic and did a wonderful job making sure we were comfortable!! We truly felt like we were staying with family. It's funny because I've really missed them this week. :) We will absolutely come back!!!