“Nice but not what we expected..”
Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #16 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Savannah for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and this was our first experience with both Savannah and Bed & Breakfast. Jane and Rocky were excellent host and very knowledgeable about savannah. The overwhelming hospitality began before we arrived as Rocky called several times to assure that we did not need anything. Both Rocky and Jane went above and beyond to assure that our 25th anniversary was special. From making dinner reservations to providing suggestions on what to see and do in Savannah. They were certainly the best Host that we could have asked for. The home was quaint with old southern charm right down to the decorations. The most disappointing aspect was the "breakfast" part of bed & breakfast. Do not always assume that Breakfast means Breakfast. While Jane and Rocky were certainly very nice, breakfast consisted of fruit, small casserole, and granola. I am thankful that we were able to find a room as it was a busy weekend for savannah. Overall, way overpriced ($250 / nght) and not as described in the reviews. Jane and Rocky are great, but we won't return.

1  Thank allen p

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife & I stayed two days last week. I wish we could have stayed much longer. The location is great for walking or driving around the town. Jane and Rocky filled every wish. The breakfasts were great,... Get Jane's recipe for grits. The king size bed will wind up costing us,...Now we have to get one like it for our home. We're going to go back for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Savannah last weekend. I'd never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before and wasn't sure if I was going to like it but we absolutely loved it!!!!!!! The owners were fantastic and did a wonderful job making sure we were comfortable!! We truly felt like we were staying with family. It's funny because I've really missed them this week. :) We will absolutely come back!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rocky and Jane are great hosts! My wife and I booked at the last minute, and they both bent over backward to make sure we had a great time. Their knowledge of Savannah and the surrounding area is extensive, and they had great recommendations for everything from tours to dining to day trips. Breakfasts were great, other guests were awesome, and the Inn itself was well appointed and charming. Great deal, don't pass these folks up!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I always make it a point to stay at a B&B when we travel. Of all the ones visited, Amethyst Inn has topped the charts! We stayed in the Magnolia room November 9-11, 2013. The atmosphere was so cozy and inviting. Rocky and Jane went above and beyond to make us feel right at home. Rocky had all of the cities brochures layed out for us with his recommendations and even gave us a map of the city with his hand written notes on it!! With in a few hours and his map, we felt like locals! Jane prepared a small buffet style breakfast every morning that was delicious. She also kept little treats/fruit baskets all over the house for guests to snack on 24/7, which I have NEVER had at a B&B. I could go on and on about how Rocky and Jane pay attention to detail when it comes to making their guests feel at home. Thank you both for making us feel like family, we look forward to visiting your beautiful home soon! -Katie & Luke

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from another weekend getaway to the Amethyst Inn and as expected our stay in the beautiful Magnolia room at the Inn was wonderful. From the delicious breakfast each morning(my personal favorite was the Praline French Toast) to the warm, inviting atmosphere, we could not have wanted more. Jane, Rocky, and daughter Sarah are truly the BEST hosts! We look forward to visiting with them again. Billy and Mary

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was my wife and I's first stay at a bed and breakfast as well as our first trip to Savannah. We arrived on October 15th and left October 19th. We chose this B&B because of its excellent reviews as well as the fact that they accept children. We were traveling with our 5 year old. All I have to say is that we were completely blown away by the entire experience. When we arrived, we were welcomed warmly by Jane and told all about how to get around etc. Jane also asked me to email her about a month before we came with ideas on where we wanted to eat and what we may want to do. When we arrived, Jane had made all our dinner reservations for us. Unfortunately, do to a personal family matter, Jane and her daughter had to leave for a few days so we did not get to see them the rest of our time. But, her husband Rocky was absolutely phenomenal on making us feel welcome, helping us get around and just being a perfect host. Their house is AMAZING! We stayed in the Hydrangea Suite which is located on the bottom floor. It had its own private entrance which was right off their patio where the garden area is. Chemise, who works with Rocky and Jane, was also a warm and a perfect hostess. She was the one who handled the breakfasts and rooms while we were there. She is very knowledgeable and interesting to talk to. She has a degree in historical preservation, if I remember correctly, and was able to answer our questions on various topics on Savannah. The location of their house is in a great spot. It is very close to Forsyth Park and all the places that you are wanting to see. The breakfasts they serve were also amazing. I'm not big on grits but one morning that was one of their many items and I have to say that they were fantastic. Everything was delicious. We had a terrific time and plan to go back soon. Even though this was more of an adult trip, my 5 year old actually started to cry as we were driving off because he loved it there so much. A++ for Rocky, Jane and Chemise! Keep the light on for us guys, we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family