“The Reed Family made you feel like part of their family.”
Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #16 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My childhood friend and I decided to go to Savannah and we weren't sure if we wanted a chain hotel or a B&B. While scouting around for B&B's I was fortunate to speak with Jane, one of the owners of the Inn, on the phone. It turns out we were both from NY state, and she also lived in NJ, as I do now.

I clicked with her on the phone and then made a reservation for 4 nights. We were trying to get the Ivy suite for all 4 nights but it turned out that it was booked for the first night so she offered to give each of us our own separate rooms which were next to each other. Jane also offered to make any restaurant reservations for us after suggesting a few restaurants that were highly recommended by their previous guests.

I was checked into the Inn by Chemise, who knows all about the Inn and the area and then met Jane, and her husband, Rocky later.

They are some of the nicest people that you will ever meet. They went above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I also enjoyed dining with the other guests each morning to an amazing homemade, freshly cooked breakfast.

I feel like I have known Jane and Rocky forever. I hung out with them in their kitchen and chatted and they always had some great stories to tell. They are both multi talented and truly enjoy owning the Inn while raising their daughter. Be sure to ask about their "love" story.

I have only been home for a couple of days but miss them already. Jane asked me to let her know that I got home safe, and we have been in contact ever since.

If you don't want to hang out and talk they are also respectful of your feelings and just offer any information they can provide to make sure that you enjoy your stay in Savannah.

The Inn is a beautiful restored (by Rocky and Jane) Victorian with some interesting history. I would go back in a heartbeat and would love to retire there after the kids are all in college.

I HIGHLY recommend the Inn and getting to know this wonderful family.

Vicky C

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 1vac

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I actually chose Amethyst Inn based on the great reviews we read about on Trip Advisor, that's why I wanted to make sure and add to the long list of excellent reviews. My husband and I decided to go last minute and just see what the "locals" had to say about where to go and what to do. Before we even got to Savannah, Jane had already reserved us dinner at an amazing place. Rocky and Jane made our first time in Savannah an unforgettable experience with their warm and welcoming personalities. You really are a part of their family when you stay there. So much so, I would have had just as much fun staying in and not going out at all. They truly have a gift for making people feel welcome. Their home is beautiful and they have gone into great detail with preserving the natural historic side of the home with all the elegant details of their furnishings and rooms. Food is superb, everything is a 10 in my book, but then again with such gracious hosts, it's hard to not want to give it high scores. We have already recommended the amethyst Inn to several friends and family. Dont go with a lot of plans on where to go and what to do, I assure you, Rocky and Jane will be all the help you need in planning an enjoyable weekend in Savannah!

Thank you so much Rocky and Jane, if you read this :-)
-Clint & Abby ( cola, sc )

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Abbydharris
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Amethyst Inn. Rocky and Jane were excellent hosts providing lots of information about what to do and see; they clearly love Savannah. Rocky helped us with restaurant reservations and in using the DOT bus. He spent a long time with us explaining the city and even gave us a customized map of the area. We will definitely stay at the Amethyst Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

You must stay at a Bed and Breakfast to get the full flavor of lovely Savannah. With so many options, it is important to consider your host/hostess. We chose perfectly when we chose Amethyst Inn at Sarah's Garden. The rates were reasonable and location was wonderful, just a few blocks east of Forsyth Park. Beautiful less than a mile walk to the river.

What made the trip special was the amazing hospitality of our host and hostess, Rocky and Jane. We were immediately welcomed into their home. They offer many suggestions for restaurants and attractions. We felt that they were constantly concerned that our every need was met. Jane is a magnificent cook and her breakfasts will be a delight. We were always able to eat breakfast then not eat again until evening.

Our room was Lantana. It was the cheapest and smallest. I chose it for the name. It was very adequate but we did leave most of our clothes in the car and only brought what we needed into the home. It worked out very well. The room was more than adequate and all of the rooms have private baths. There was a small fridge in the bedroom hall for guests to use for wine, leftovers etc.There is free parking along the road and it was never a problem finding a parking place. They have a few spaces that are on their property as well. They have a pool which we didn't have time to use.

What drew us to Amethyst Inn were the reviews about Rocky and Jane. Believe them! You will get wonderful, genuine southern hospitality here! I can't wait to go back! This is what Savannah is all about.

Room Tip: Lantana is small but fine without lots of luggage. There is a staircase with a landing and you would...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takemewithyou2
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Amethyst Inn is a wonderful old home with unique antique furnishings owned by the perfect hosts. Jane & Rocky could not have been more helpful to make our stay in Savannah enjoyable in every way: the breakfast buffets were delicious, maps of the city were provided, reservations were made for us, trolleys were called to pick us up, and I could go on and on! My friends and I would recommend staying at the inn to any other travelers. We are already making plans to return!

Room Tip: Our suite on the garden level was ideal for the 3 of us, lots of room with kitchenette!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rocky and Jane were awesome!!! So helpful and nice during our stay. Helped us with dinner reservations and pick up times for shuttles. Breakfast was great every morning!! Made our stay in Savannah wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Amethyst Inn. Jane and Rocky are great people with a lot of heart. We will never forget Jane's superb breakfast, and just the warm feeling you get from just being around the two of them. They were very attentive to our needs from
The moment we met, which we will always cherish. Even our bulldog felt at home at the Amethyst Inn! Wonderful area to go for a walk with your dog, such a dog friendly neighborhood. We will Definately plan on staying again with Jane and Rocky in
The future. Such a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013