“Holiday Delight”

Ranked #14 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
West Point
“Holiday Delight”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a delightful stay full of good cooking and Southern hospitality. The location could not have been better...convenient but a feeling of seclusion. Dinner reservations were made for us, taxies were ordered, and we were welcomed as only Savannah could welcome us.
We are already planning a return visit.

Room Tip: The private balcony was a welcome retreat after a hard day of shopping, eating and sightseeing
1 Thank debra c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Amethyst Inn in Savannah and cannot say enough about how wonderful it was thanks to Rocky and Jane. They made us feel at home from the moment we arrived and provided us with everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable. Their suggestions on local places to eat and visit enabled us to make the most of our limited stay. The Inn is lovely and located in a convenient area and Jane and Rocky certainly make their guests feel welcome and comfortable.

1 Thank andap11001
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this charming little Inn in the historical district of savannah for Memorial Day weekend. The city was absolutely beautiful but staying at this particular Inn added so much to our pleasant experience. The Inns location was perfect (close to everything, 15 min walk if even), the charm this inn had is unbeatable (cute little antique touches in every corner), the room was spacious and clean (we stayed in the Rose room) and had our own restroom (no sharing with other guests) and the owners were so welcoming ad helpful. They took the time and helped us to navigate around the city and were always answering our questions and guiding us to the best of Savannah. And I have to just say this, Janes cooking is phenomenal! Breakfast was served each morning at 9 a.m in the living room while classic music was playing in the background on adorable china plates (oh and the food was freshly made each morning by Jane herself, on our last day at the inn we had crab casserole amongst other things). Jane also made the most amazing candy that she left in the living room for her guests to enjoy anytime. Overall, if we ever visit savannah again, we would definitely stay at this inn. I can't stress this enough, wonderful inn, great value, so clean and charming, amazing tour guides (Jane & Rocky) =) and wonderful food. Amazing experience.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SwedishFish89
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We live south of Atlanta. Recently my brother and his wife visited from Oregon...we decided to show them the beauty of Savannah. I spent a lot of time choosing our "hotel" in Savannah as I wanted this to be a special trip...and it would be over our wedding anniversary. I knew I choose the perfect spot the first time I spoke with Jane on the phone. What a cheerful, welcoming lady. She even sent an email with restaurant ideas and offered to make reservations for us.
We stayed in the Ivy room. It was very nice...and super clean. I give an A+++ to the condition and decor of the rooms. It was immaculate. The outdoor patio was beautiful.
When we got to the Inn, Rocky had a map with all the great things to do all marked. He explained the trolleys/tours...and told of the best deals.
Breakfast was wonderful. The grits were delicious! The homemade granola...yum. I would of been fine with just these items....but Jane and Rocky provided many more hot and cold selections....and Jane was happy to give recipes for any of the dishes. There was no rushing and the guests made friends around the tables and swapped touring ideas and enjoyed each others company.
The location of the Inn was great. It is only a couple quaint blocks off Foresyth park. ... we walked everywhere. There is a small parking lot at the Inn..so we never had to park on the street.
It was a wonderful Inn. We can't thank Rocky and Jane enough for their hospitality...I felt like I was visiting family. My husband and I both will recommend the Amethyst Inn and next time we go to Savannah we will definitely plan another stay in this beautiful B&B.

Room Tip: We loved the Ivy room. It was a two room suite...with a kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mjamardell
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I visit Savannah every few years, and Amethyst Inn is by far the best place to stay. Rocky and Jane made our stay even more awesome and welcoming. They went above and beyond with delicious eats, making dinner reservations in fantastic restaurants and outstanding rooms. Hats off to Rocky, Jane, Sarah and Chemise!!

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My partner and I loved spending our weekend in Savannah at Jane and Rocky's Amethyst Inn! We booked at the last minute and are so glad we did. They are such a delight, so generous with their time and resources, treated us with such warmth, and saw to it that every detail of our trip was taken care of. The Inn itself is a big, beautiful, old home located just a couple of blocks from Forsyth Park in the heart of charming, historic Savannah. We loved the food, the company, our bedroom and private bathroom were perfect and our bed was big and comfortable. This was a thoroughly positive experience from start to finish--highly recommended!

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Amethyst Inn, breakfast was amazing, Rocky and Jane are extremely friendly and nice! They are very knowledgable of good places to go, and helped us to organize our day to our best experience. Their house is gorgeous and has a beautiful history. We stayed in Rose room, its very comfortable, very clean, i didn't get enough of it! I would recommend Rocky's and Jane's house whoever is in the area.