“Family vacation in Savannah”
Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #15 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a great time at the Amethyst Inn. It was my first time in Savannah and Jane and her daughter gave my mom and me great places to shop that were local. Very friendly atmosphere staying at the inn, it felt like being at home. Located in a beautiful area with a great park nearby that was perfect for running. Jane and Rocky were very welcoming and made accommodations for everyone. It was great spending time with them and relaxing at the inn with them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia R

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had a great experience at the Amethyst Inn at Sarah's Garden. Jane and Rocky were the perfect hosts and made us feel warm and welcome. They obviously love what they do; Always offered us information on goings on in town , maps of the area, etc.. When we told them we had reservations for the Chart house, for example they insisted that they would make our reservation for us so we would receive a free dessert. Very sweet people. The accomodations were lovely and very comfortable!! Every morning Jane offered a homemade breakfast buffet. Deeelicious!!! I would definately recommend the Amythest Inn and hope to stay there again !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LindaRN1960
Reviewed July 27, 2012

- perfect location next to the river and all nice squares
- better than any hotel around
- wonderful breakfast
- very welcoming and nice atmosphere
- nice pool - but to very refreshing
- beautiful house!
- just very pricey
=> don't stay there for 1 night - better deals if you stay longer
=> They give you good tips for visits and shopping

4  Thank LL_Bklyn
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Jane and Rocky are wonderful hosts who will make you feel right at home in their beautifully renovated B&B. The rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean, and have all the amenities you need. We only had time for a one day stay in Savannah and they were so helpful in arranging a bus tour, making restaurant reservations, and charting out a walking map with all the highlights to see. You will love their warm and friendly personalities and their homemade marshmallows!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I came down to Savannah for a weekend away. It's now a tradition with us to take a weekend for ourselves just before football season starts and I disappear from my family's life for a few months. It's also part of my birthday gift to my wife.

This year, we booked a weekend stay in Savannah and, after reading what everyone else had to say about the Amethyst Inn, Angela and I had to see for ourselves.

The whole home was beautifully decorated and just felt like home. Breakfast was fantastic (I still dream about the biscuits and gravy!) and Rocky and Jane were perfect hosts.

We enjoyed being away from the river front as the streets were quiet (did not swim but we did enjoy a morning sit on the porch) and we really enjoyed walking around town.

Jane handled our dinner reservations for us and Rocky did a great job of laying out dozens of things to do. We will have to come back to even get through half of the list!

It's the perfect place for a couple's getaway!

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed July 17, 2012

As part of a road trip, my husband and I spent two nights at the Amethyst Inn. We loved it! Rocky had so much useful information that allowed us to narrow down what we could see in our limited time in Savannah. Jane wowed us with her homemade treats and delicious breakfasts. Our room was cozy with a great bed. My favorite part was that the sheets smelled really good! We can't wait to make a return trip to Savannah and to stay at the Amethyst Inn!

1  Thank travelinFlower
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Jane & Rocky are the most welcoming & charming couple. They had plans and recommendations ready when we arrived. They made our stay feel just like home. Enchanting b & b. We will recommend them for anyone and everyone and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012