Amethyst Garden
$169
Hampton.com
$161
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$72
$199
$193
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsrose roomb bother guestsbed and breakfasthistoric districtsouthern hospitalityfriesforsyth parktrip to savannahevery morningwonderful weekendbreakfast was deliciouswalked everywherebeautiful citylantanahydrangeasaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A wonderful B&B run by the most hospitable, friendly, warm and helpful people I can imagine. My now 16 year old son and I stayed here 2 years ago and when I asked my son what he wanted to do over spring break he said he wanted to go to Savannah so we could stay with Jane and Rocky (and their daughter Sarah) again. And so that is what we did in April...spend 4 wonderful days at what has become our home away from home. Jane and Rocky pampered us at every opportunity and by the end of our stay we felt as though we had stayed with family. Amethyst Inn is a beautiful but comfortable and homey Victorian Home located right near Forsythe Park...ideal location. We were treated to wonderful breakfasts, and an endless supply of homemade cookies and candy...not to mention the pleasure of sitting in the kitchen with Jane after a busy day of sightseeing and just chatting over a glass of wine. This goes beyond your typical B&B...you will leave there feeling pampered and like you are leaving family. I know my son and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy F
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We recently visited Savannah, GA, and chose to stay at the Amethyst Inn at Sarah's Garden. The Inn is in a beautifully restored home only a few blocks from Forsyth Park. Our room was lovely, quiet, and very comfortable. Jane and Rocky Reed were extremely accommodating, calling to make reservations for us, calling for curbside pickup from the Oglethorpe Trolley Company, and making arrangements for a pedi-cab pickup when we wanted to go out for the evening. The food both mornings of our stay was excellent, and the family-friendly atmosphere was most welcome. Definitely a place we'd recommend to others. Thanks Jane and Rocky!

Randy & Sherry (Weatherford, TX)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We just stayed at the Amethyst this past week and had a wonderful time. Rocky and Jane give you a unique bed and breakfast experience. It really is a home away from home! They really go above and beyond with an amazing breakfast, homemade treats (i.e. Marshmallows, cookies, candies) and appetizers.
This place is not a typical B&B experience---They are available and enjoy conversing with their guests.
Rooms were spacious and clean!

We would for sure stay there again!

Room Tip: Any would be fine!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed the Amethyst Inn. One of the reasons we chose to visit Savannah was to take in the history. Staying at the Amethyst Inn gave us not only the historic atmosphere with the homes age and architecture, but the period furniture, style and unique victorian color schemes added to the feel. It was such a warm and comfortable place, an almost "like home" feel for us. Jane, Rocky, Chemise and Sarah were all so friendly. They couldn't do enough to make sure we were content. Heck, we even got invited to their Sunday Family Dinner. It was a really great experience and I would definitely visit them again. Thank you Rocky and Jane for being such great hosts! Susan and Erik.

Room Tip: The Dahlia Room is beautiful. It was very spacious, but most couples could do with a smaller room. The Dahlia has an additional room with couch that is a pull out bed. It would be good for a couple with children etc.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed all over the world in all types of B&B's, and we wondered if all the positive reviews of this place were really true. Well they are, do not even consider going any where else, we spent a lot of time in the kitchen and Jane and Rocky will exceed all your expectations. Stop looking, call them and enjoy your stay.

Stayed: April 2012