“Victoriana at its Best!”
Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #16 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2011

If you're going to see Savannah, you should take advantage of a historic B & B. Savannah has many, and most of them will offer a memorable experience. The Amethyst Inn was delightful, with authentic period decor, and two caring hosts, Jane and Rocky, who made my stay enjoyable. It is located near Forsyth Park, and is perfect for a walking tour of the histroic district. The other guests were friendly, and felt like old friends. I stayed in the Rose room, and the furnishings were period. I would recommend this Inn, if for no other reason than having Jane's smiling face greet you in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Amethyst Garden

Reviewed March 28, 2011

My mother and I recently spent a few days in Savannah. She had alway wanted to stay in a B & B so I started the search online. I'm not sure what guiding force led my to the Amethyst Inn but I will forever be grateful. From the moment I spoke to Jane on the phone I felt like family.

Not only is the Inn beautifully maintained and exudes southern charm and hospitality the owners are the best in Savannah. We were treated better than visiting royalty. We were treated like family coming to visit. Jane is by far one of the best cooks in Savannah. I absolutely loved our time there and though there are many other places to stay in town I will always come back to the Amethyst. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Quaint and quiet, conveniently located, wonderful breakfast and snacks, elegant decor, encouraged to meet the other guests. Welcoming and warm. Will return.

Jane spent a lot of time on the phone coordinating and cajoling a local restaurant to reserve a table for 12 of us at a more convenient time, then surprised us with three appetizers. The fried green tomatoes were great!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Jane and Rocky are the most friendly hosts with exceptional talent for serving a gourmet quality breakfast. The Amethyst Inn is in a great location to tour the city of Savannah and take in all the sights. Dining suggestions were varied with quality Savannah faire - many options available! We had a great time and will return again in our travels. Thanks for your hospitality and sharing your fantastic home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Our vacation in Savannah was a dream come true. Much of the credit goes to the time spent at the beautiful Amethyst Inn. The restored home is breathtaking and Jan and Rocky. the owners are like visiting wonderful friends with a keen knowledge of Savannah. The bonus to it all is that the Amethyst Inn had the very best food we had in Savannah.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Jane and Rocky were wonderful hosts. We instantly felt welcomed and comfortable. They gladly answered all our questions and took the time to get to know us. The rooms were clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The hosts, Jane & Rocky were beyond hospitable. They took me under their wing, gave great recommendations, took care of me like I was their long lost friend. The location was great - just two blocks from Forsythe Park and an easy walk to the river. I really had a nice time. Jane is a fabulous cook and the breakfasts were superb! I'd recommend this B&B in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo