“Wonderful home-away-from-home for our Savannah visit”
Review of Park Avenue Manor

Park Avenue Manor
Ranked #12 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Wonderful home-away-from-home for our Savannah visit”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Savannah has always been on our bucket list of places to visit. Park Avenue Manor was the perfect home base for us. When we arrived, Maurice gave us a tour of the home and made us very welcome. We stayed in the Ellen Kelly room; it is large and bright, with beautiful appointments. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was roomy and warm, and the building was very quiet. The downstairs parlors were very comfortable. We loved the brownies and sherry, which became our evening treat after our day's exploration. Maurice and Glenn both gave us great suggestions for places to eat, and things to see and do. When we wondered how we might get to Bonaventure Cemetery, Maurice recommended a tour for us. When we needed a taxi to get to our dinner reservation, he recommended a taxi company. Each morning my husband enjoyed his coffee in the courtyard garden with the house cat, Red. We especially enjoyed the family breakfast with all the guests at the table. We met very nice people and traded reviews of restaurants. We highly recommend Maurice, Glenn, and the Park Avenue Manor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary in Savannah and decided to stay at Park Avenue Manor. This was a great decision. We stayed in the Savannah room and loved it. Great room, comfortable bed, and so convenient to everything (if you don't mind some walking). To the furthest end of the historic district you are looking at just over a mile + but in and around the center is much less of a walk.

We enjoyed our great breakfasts and talking with the other guests with the family style breakfast where everyone eats at the same time. The brownies and sherry were an added bonus.

Both owners were present when you needed and in the background not to interfere as well. They were extremely helpful with suggestions and a very friendly greeting an tour when we arrived.

We will definitely consider staying here again!

Room Tip: Savannah room is great but can be a bit noisy with traffic going by.
1 Thank GatorHikers
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 1, 2014

As a frequent traveler , Staying In hotels in bed and breakfasts alike, This quaint Historic Victorian era home and its hosts, Made for a remarkable expierence! Upon our revival we were wonderfully greeted by Glen Who even called To make sure that we were making safe travels. We were given a tour of the home and the amenities available to us. Glenn also gave us a history of the home, points of interest In the heart of Savannah as well as great places to dine. We were very comfortable in our room ( The Savannah Room, Which made you feel as though you on the heart of Savannah). If you travel without your regular tolietries each guest room has them available. The experience, is like taking a breath, stepping back in a period of time, where architecture, charm , hospitality and history coincide. If you have a sweet tooth this is an ideal place to be, Sherry and brownies in the foyer that are delicious. I think I gained 10 pounds. Breakfast is served family style And not small portions either. The hosts prepare the meals themselves daily offering to accommodate any dietary needs you may have. When you are here you are treated as though you are family and it is your home while you are there.They are located on the northern portion of Forsyth Park, right in the Victorian historic district, Which is a safe walking distance to nearby shops, and 10-20 min walk to downtown Savannah. If you are intending to go to Savannah I would highly recommend anyone staying here. Maurice and Glenn made this an experience that me and my partner will treasure for a lifetime. We definitely will return For more gracious hospitality!!

Regards,

Ryan and Tyler
Nashville, Tennessee

• Stayed January 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We arrived on a sunny but chiily Friday and were greeted by Glenn and Maurice. Thye gave us a tour of the home and then showed us to our room. What a beautiful home! The evenngs were very quiet and the location next to Forsyth Park was very convenient!. The breakfasts were delicious and filling! Maurice was veryy happy to chat at breakfast and provided us with some tips on local homes and restaurants to visit.

Overall this was a wonderful weekend getaway in a VERY comfortable and relaxed B&B.

We are going to come back soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Staying at Park Avenue Manor was the first time my partner and I had stayed at a B&B and we could not have hoped for a better experience. The building is a beautiful old Savannah house in a very convenient location, the room was comfortable and well-appointed and the hosts were generous and helpful. The breakfasts alone were worth the stay. We could not recommend this B&B highly enough.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had 5 supremely comfortable nights at Park Avenue Manor - this B&B is very special and very good value. Generous hosts, tasty breakfasts, welcoming and cosy public rooms and our bedroom (Ellen Kelly) was so quiet, cool and peaceful with the most wonderful comfy bed! Nice touches too - of course, the sherry and brownies but we also enjoyed a cup of Sleepy Tea every evening by the parlour fireside when we got back from dinner. Savannah is a lovely city to explore on foot, so charming and friendly - words which also describe this lovely B&B and its owners.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was in Savannah for the first time to attend a friend's wedding over New Year's Eve. Of course, we all know the city is rich with history, and I wanted to take the opportunity to take advantage of some quaint Southern hospitality--instead of using a chain hotel. I found the Park Avenue Manor via my friend's guide to the city, and booked a couple months ahead. From the beginning, Maurice & Glenn were in contact, making sure I had a plan for transportation from the area airport; I knew I had selected a good location for my stay. Once I arrived to Savannah, I was great by Maurice & given a mini tour of my temporary dwelling. The Manor is absolutely beautiful!!! The front parlor rooms were great for visiting with friends. And, as I'm sure everyone has mentioned, the entryway was stocked with delectable homemade brownie bites & sherry at all times!! I stayed in the Robert E. Lee room. It was impeccably decorated, with a nice size bathroom--even providing a blow-dryer & additional shampoos and conditioners; which was great since I forgot mine. The bed was dangerously comfortable, as I lay down for a "rest" upon arriving and woke up hours later! (Oops, that may have been a result from my not getting much sleep the night before.) Each morning started with a homemade breakfast by Glenn, shared with the company of the other guests. It was a great way to meet the other folks and begin your day! Glenn & Maurice are very willing to give you suggestions on what to do, with directions if needed. The Manor is very conveniently located within the Historic District of Savannah. The walk to my friend's wedding was only 5 minutes, and just another 15 to downtown for sites & shopping! The day of the wedding, some other guests & I met up to do a bicycle tour of the city and had an absolute blast!! I would definitely recommend this as a way to see all you can in Savannah! (Check out Leopold's Ice Cream for some of the tastiest sweets EVER!!!--but, be prepared for a line--unless the weather is a little gloomy, in which case it's about half the size.) I have already told my newlywed friends to check out the Park Avenue Manor upon their next visit, as well as a few other friends! I will definitely be a returning guest of Glenn & Maurice any time I visit Savannah!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo