“Delightful getaway!”

Ranked #12 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Gretna, Louisiana
“Delightful getaway!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We recently stayed at Park Avenue Manor and had wonderful time. Glenn and Maurice have decorated this quaint bed and breakfast into such a beautiful and comfortable home away from home. They were friendly and helpful to my mom and me whenever we needed suggestions for places to eat or to other places around Savannah. They were the most perfect hosts! Each morning we were served a delicious breakfast that included waffles, homemade biscuits, omelets, and fresh fruit.The rooms were beautifully decorated with antique furniture.Our stay at Park Avenue Manor will definitely be a trip to remember thanks to these two guys. If I ever travel back to Savannah, I will certainly return back to Maurice and Glenn's bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I truly fell in love with Savannah during a 4-day stay last week. Its haunting beauty, oak-lined streets and squares dripping with Spanish Moss, horse-drawn carriage tours, Forsyth park, and huge mansions & colorful Victorian houses make Savannah a true American gem.
The cream of the crop, I must say, is the Park Avenue Manor where we had the best, most relaxing 4-night stay! Glenn and Maurice were such gracious and considerate hosts, making sure everything went well with our stay from the moment we walked in. All their hard work and effort towards their B&B truly show, from the tiniest details, interior decorations, to the yummy brownies, cleanliness, and most of all - the BREAKFAST! Oh the breakfast! No matter how exhausted we were, we always managed to roll out of bed just in time for their delicious and filling homemade breakfast! And they are more than willing to accomodate your diet restrictions, if you have any, so you won't ever have to worry about that. What a way to start off the day!
I also fell in love with our own spacious, sunny, pink-painted bathroom in the Colonel's Room. I was so excited about the old-fashioned tub with the claw, especially! Most importantly, we had a desk & chair in the room - perfect spot for catching up with my travel blog while on a long weekend getaway. I look forward to going back to Savannah soon, and I know where I'll definitely be staying at!
Free street parking is available if you're looking to drive into Savannah or rent a car. Park the car and walk around. Renting a bicycle is another great option to see the city as the B&B is located right off the southwest entrance of Forsyth Park. There's an awesome healthy cafe just up the block from the B&B for a quick bite for lunch or a snack. Don't hesitate to ask Maurice or Glenn with any recommendations - they've got tons for you to try!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at Park Avenue Manor on a trip for her birthday. It was fantastic!! The place is cozy and super comfortable. The breakfast was gourmet and delicious! Maurice and Glenn are very friendly, nice and have tons of great suggestions for visitors to their fair city. Their locaion just off Forsyth park is perfect for walking pretty much everywhere you'd want to go in Savannah. I heartily recommend Park Avenue Manor to any visitor to Savannah!!

Room Tip: The rooms off the street facing the back of the house are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We recently stayed at the Park Avenue Manor and cannot recommend it enough. My husband and I have lived and traveled all over the world and have stayed in many B&B's. Park Avenue Manor was one of - if not the best B&B we have ever stayed it. Maurice and Glenn were perfect hosts - gracious, helpful, kind, unobtrusive but always available should you need them. Arriving we found (free) street parking right outside the Manor. Even though we arrived somewhat earlier than I had indicated to our hosts, they made sure to make our arrival comfortable. What sets this fabulous place from the rest is the plethora of little touches that add up to a lot! From the sherry and to-die-for brownies offered in the lobby for guests to snack on 24/, to the binder in the lobby filled with menus of all kinds of restaurants and take always around town, so that if you want to go somewhere, you can check out the menu before you book, or go. Outside the rooms, complimentary water and sodas are free for guests to help themselves to in the fridge, which also has glasses, ice etc.The fridge is offered for storage of guests' leftovers and the like.A coffee/tea makers is always available in the breakfast room, for use at any time at all.
The bathroom also offered very thoughtful touches, such as cotton buds,body cream etc - which was such a help to me, who had somehow forgotten to pack most of my toiletries. The show pressure was great, hot water whenever we needed it.
Breakfasts were fantastic. My husband and I aren't fond of eggs, so Maurice and Glenn make accommodations for us, making us special breakfasts off the morning menu. Those around us with somewhat more normal eating habits raved about the breakfasts they got too. Quiches, fruits - you name it.The rooms were quiet and spotless.
Maurice and Glenn made themselves so available to our every need and question - we cannot thank them enough for making our trip extra memorable. Stay at this fabulous haven if you get the chance - I know we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My mother (age 86) and I stayed at the Park Avenue Manor as part of our mother-daughter trip. The first floor Georgia Suite was perfect for us. Comfortable beds, quiet and private access to the back patio. Maurice and Glenn accommodated my mother's gluen-free needs with such tasty options and were gracious hosts. Forsyth Park is so close (and beautiful), and there is an organic market with gluten-free and other options just a block away. I highly recommend the walk through the center of the park to get to the river. Beautiful.

Room Tip: First floor Georgia Suite was convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret E
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was short but wonderful. Glen and Murphy are kind and warm hosts who make you feel at home. It was our 10th aniversary and they worked with my husband to surprise me with flowers. The location is next to Forsyth Park and great for strolling. We stayed in the Ellen Kelly room which I recommend. It was quiet and had a great tub for soaking. We had to cancel one of our nights due to our young daughters recital but they said no problem. We plan to return. Wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2012
Harrogate, UK
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Park Avenue Manor is just as reported in so many five star reviews. It is exceptionally well appointed and very comfortable. Maurice and Glen have considered every small detail and have made them all special. It is hard to leave this special place to visit other "historic homes" in Savannah. Key among its strong points is the personal hospitality displayed by both Glenn and Maurice. They make each visitor seem welcome and special. Though at the edge of the Historic District near Forsyth Park, Glen recommended the trolley tour that had free shuttle to the beginning and returned us "home", if one didn't want to stroll through the lovely Savannah squares. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one on the front and the other overlooking the garden, both were very quiet. They...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends