“Perfection”

Ranked #12 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Ventura, California
“Perfection”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Maurice and Glenn were THE most perfect hosts in the world. I was traveling on my own this trip and didn't know what to expect. Maurice put me at ease the minute he opened the door. My room was clean, comfy and cozy. He gave great recommendations on where to eat and then had a tour company pick me up directly at the house--saving time and energy on my part. The breakfasts were delicious and the brownies and sherry finished the night off perfectly. My room was decorated tastefully as is the whole house. I also spent a bit of time in the backyard patio which was peaceful, provided shade and a cool breeze. I did not see everything that I wanted to see during my stay in Savannah so I will definitely be back to visit. I would recommend Park Avenue Manor to all of my friends and family. If you stay I think that you would enjoy it as much as I did. Fascinating city and splendid accommodations!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I planned on staying in Savannah for our honeymoon. As beautiful as the city is, we thought a bed and breakfast would be the perfect place to stay. We have both seen way too many scary movies so we were a little wary of the whole experience...dining with stangers...staying in what is basically the home of someone you have never even met...the idea does sound a little odd. :) But I had always wanted to give it shot, and we accidentally discovered the Park Avenue Manor in our search. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was very clean and neat, the food was delicious, and we felt welcomed from the time we got there, to the morning we checked out. The owners were always ready to help with directions to dining suggestions. They were super helpful, but still always gave us privacy. The thing that stood out the most to us is that we are in our 20's, and were a good bit younger than the other couples there at the same time. No one ever treated us any differently, and this is definitely a place that anyone could relax and enjoy themselves. We were so impressed. Mr. Maurice and Mr. Glenn are terrific hosts and we had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ellen Kelley room and loved it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed at Glenn and Maurice's beautiful B&B for the second time this past week-end. Going to the jazz festival was our main reason for visiting Savannah we even included my husband this time! We stayed in the new first floor guest suite and it was wonderful for three. My friend took the daybed room with it's fridge, TV, bathroom and private entry to the patio garden. My husband and I had the beautiful queen bedroom with our own TV and doors to close to separate the two rooms for privacy. It was wonderful! We reunited (accidentally) with a friend from last year who came with her family because her husband is now deployed. As usual, the breakfasts were picture perfect and tasted terrific. We always enjoy the sherry, brownies, coffee and tea. This trip we tried the public FREE transportation and had a blast riding the bus to shopping and even took the ferry over to the island. The DOT bus, ferry and riverstreet streetcar are all free and an enjoyable experience while visiting this beautiful city. The jazz festival has some rain, but it didn't last long and the music was really great.

Room Tip: Excellent pictures on their website and you can always call if you have any questions.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MyrtleBeach60
Phenix City
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband & I stayed Sept 1-5, 2011, 1st trip to Savannah & staying at a B&B. Park Ave Manor is next to Forsyth Park, an excellent location close to Historic area, yet far enough away for peace & quiet. Great customer service BEFORE we got to Savannah. Glenn & Maurice called us to confirm reservation, ask a few questions about likes & dislikes for beverages, even let us know before arrival when they needed to step out so they would be sure not to miss us! We were promptly greeted w/ big smiles, warm handshakes, & felt right at home. They were professional, friendly, & just downright fun to talk w/ every day. We appreciate the hospitality & tips for parking to avoid street cleaners! This B&B is charming & GA Suite was awesome, price not much different for this largest of all the rooms. Rooms furnished w/ neat artifacts of old Savannah & GA; decor tasteful, not overdone. We loved having our own patio entrance & enjoyed quiet time reading & sipping hot chocolate. The bed was so comfortable that if we didn’t want to have breakfast, we would have slept many more hours comfortably! We never had to ask for fresh towels or trash removal, as Maurice & Glenn always were on top of that; their attention to detail not unnoticed. They set aside special hot chocolate mugs just for us (we aren’t big coffee drinkers). Breakfast was impressive. Maurice should come up w/ a Manor cookbook of all his recipes! The table was set each day w/ a new design of china & colors. Good food & conversation w/ other guests around the table was fun, something in which a bustling hotel full of strangers would never partake! Brownies (wonderful!) were always in the foyer to beckon us. Our hosts were courteous, personable, took care of us, pampered us, & called the trolley to pick us up when we wanted to venture out. We sure do miss Glenn & Maurice. Already planning our next trip & will indeed be back to Park Ave Manor many more times over! ~ D & D

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Macomb, IL
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the Park Avenue Manor for a girl's get away and was the perfect place to stay. It was easy walking distance to all of Savannah's attractions. The house is beautifully decorated with anitques, thoroughly enjoyed the brownies and the delicious breakfasts. We stayed in the Colony Room and it was cozy and comfortable. Glenn and Maurice were very friendly, it was just like staying with family. I would highly recommend the Park Avenue Manor and will stay here the next time I'm in Savannah.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Staying at Park Avenue Manor was one of our first Bed and Breakfast experiences and we loved it! We chose to stay there because we thought it would be more "romantic" than a hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Park Avenue Manor, as it lived up to our expectations in every way! It was a very pretty walk into Savannah every day, especially to pass Forsyth Park. Maurice and Glenn made such delicious breakfasts every morning and were very helpful and informative about activities to do in the area, places to eat, tours, etc. The fabulous experience we had was much appreciated and made for a Honeymoon that we will always remember as being so relaxing, fun, and romantic! We will return again if we come back to Savannah for an anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ellen Kelly room, which was so pretty. Loved the vintage decor!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Everything in website was right on the money. Been to many B&B before this is one of the top ones. Start to finish was perfect.

• Stayed September 2011