Park Avenue Manor
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Savannah
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1870 House(Savannah)
Hamilton-Turner Inn(Savannah)
  • Breakfast included
The DeSoto(Savannah)
View Hotel
All reviewsbrowniesavannah roomb bother guestseach morningbed and breakfastkelly roomsouthwest cornerhistoric districtsouthern hospitalitybreakfast was deliciousspent nightswithin walking distancelocation was perfectshort drivestreet parkingvisited savannah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Now I have not stayed at many B&B’s in my life, I must say I think “This one has it all”! You can’t go wrong here! The décor/atmosphere throughout the house was warm and charming, our room was cozy - but still spacious, the bed was perfect and the breakfast was delectable. All this and a great location to Savannah’s historic and Victorian districts, too. But the best aspect of staying at the Park Avenue Manor was the hospitality. Glenn and Maurice really make this place. You actually see them throughout your stay, not just at breakfast. They actually take time to visit with guests and offer great suggestions on things to do and local dining. Oh yeah, I almost forgot…the brownies and sherry…yuuuummy! Don’t miss out on this wonderful place…it is truly a gem!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I arrived late in the evening and this was the only B&B who would accommodate a late arrival but I'm really happy I landed at their inn.
Excellent location right off Forsyth Park. Walking distance to everything in the heritage district. Great hosts who are knowledgeable about local hotspots. The breakfasts were varied and I especially liked starting with fresh fruit every morning. I was traveling alone and most of the other guests were couples but I felt comfortable engaging with them and finding out about their local discoveries. Then I walked out the door and fell in love with Savannah - one of the prettiest cities I've ever been to, and I've traveled extensively.

Room Tip: Not every room has a bathtub
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lisathereseoh
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I cannot believe that this B&B has received anything less than five stars. In fact, I'm shocked. This is by far the most amazing B&B my fiance and I have ever stayed at. I CANNOT say enough good things about this house as well as it's outstanding owners, Maurice and Glen. We found this beautiful place on-line and were surprised that a Top Five B&B was so reasonable in prices. Surely there had to be a catch? Absolutely not, Glen and Maurice take a true pride in their establishment and present nothing but the best to their guests. We were treated like family from the second we called and booked our room. Like another reviewer stated, breakfast is served at one time with all of the guests seated together. What a great time to meet other travelers and get their opinions on places to eat and things to do! The breakfast was perfect, the coffee delicious, and you would you believe it was served on CHINA? Maurice and Glen do not skimp on anything and do whatever they can to help you feel at home in their beautiful B&B. We stayed in two different rooms: The Savannah Room and the Colony Room - both unique, comfortable, and perfectly decorated.

Again, I have to say that this was by far the best B&B experience I have ever had. Maybe it's the at-home atmosphere, maybe it's the beautiful rooms, but I'm pretty sure it's Maurice and Glen's true dedication to making your experience the best you'll ever have!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were excited to arrive after driving through several heavy rain storms. The innkeepers, Maurice and Glenn, were always willing to help and full of information. The Georgia Suite was perfect for us. Plenty of room and the bed was wonderful. The breakfast was delious and filling enough to allow for long walks and lite lunches. Even though it was hot I loved Savannah. It is so full of history I'm looking forward to a return trip and do hope that there are rooms available at the Manor! Especially the Georgia Suite!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife and I visited Savannah just after a wonderful couple days in Charleston. I wanted a place in the historic district, and that would feel like Savannah, yet not be "old". I did a lot of research on TA and elsewhere, and I was steered right!

The place is charming, really well updated, yet maintaing the historic feel. The two men that own the place were just great--recommended a place to eat our first night that was spot on (Crystal Beer Parlor--ignore the name and go there, it's great, with some modern Greek creations and of course a really great beer list), made sure we parked in the right place all the time, made a delicious breakfast for all of us both days (he even made special dishes according to some people's likes and dislikes), and recommended the best way to get acquainted with Savannah which was also spot on.

Stay here and you won't be disappointed (but you will have brownies and sherry in the front room!)

Richard & Katrina