“Always a Great Meal”

Troy Mediterranean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Troy Mediterranean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Description: Leave the ordinary behind and escape to the Mediterranean! Southside's newest and highly anticipated addition is Troy Mediterranean Cuisine. Located directly across from the Savannah Car Wash Detail Center is a little family owned restaurant that is poised to raise the bar for fine restaurants in Savannah. Once you step inside you are whisked away to the Mediterranean. The decor is tranquil and the atmosphere is peaceful. This is a great place to bring the family or that first date. Great care and detail goes into each entree and the presentation is food magazine quality. Since they are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, there is absolutely no excuse why you cannot dine here! If you are in a hurry, you can have your favorite entree(s) cooked to order and pick them up through their takeout area. Either way you owe it to yourself to escape to Troy!
“Always a Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have been going to Troy since they opened on Wilmington Island. We probably go every other month. The food is great, the servers are always nice and we always have a really good time. The best thing on the menu is the lamb shank. If they ever run out it will break my boyfriend’s heart. As far as he is concerned, the place should just be called “The Lamb Shank”! But there are other really great things to eat as well. We love the muscles and calamari and dinner wouldn’t be complete without the baklava! (The best I have ever had - all warm, moist and sweet.)

Will we be back? Oh Yes! Again and again and again…

• Visited January 2013

Gainesville, Florida
“Authenic gyro...........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love Greek food and would love to have dinner at Troy's next time. This was lunch so I ordered the Gyro and it was big and messy and scrumptious. We got there early so it was not real busy yet but I could still smell the aromas from the kitchen. My lunch was great and next time if I'm there for dinner, I'd order the leg of lamb with an appetizer or two and soup. I can hardly wait.

• Visited February 2013
Orlando, FL
“Exceeded my already-high expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

After reading the reviews on here, we were looking forward to trying out this restaurant. I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed every dish at a restaurant from appetizer to dessert. Here's a breakdown:

Calamari- excellent flavor and breading
Stuffed Grape Leaves- Great texture and taste

Vegetarian Cannelloni- Almost every bite made me say "Mmmmm". Even the sauteed spinach was delicious.

Mixed Seafood Stew- Ingredients blended well together and the base of the stew had good seasoning/spices.

Cheesecake- May not have been homemade, but it was one of the best cheesecakes we have ever eaten. Would have licked the plate if it was socially acceptable.

We were there around 4pm, so we didn't get the free bread they offer with the dinner service... oh well, we will try it the next time we go!!!

• Visited February 2013
“will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dinner was delicious. Lamb chops , pasta, and calamari were done perfectly. I have paid much more and gotten much less. What are you waiting for ?

• Visited January 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Food was better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was looking for some place new to go when we came across the Website for Troy. We decided to check it out because it is one of the few places in Savannah that offer much of anything in the way of vegetarian options. We chose to go to the Wilmington location. The building exterior was a bit off-putting, and we almost left, but we had made a trip out there just to go to this restaurant, so we decided to stick it out. It was a Tuesday night and there were only a couple of other tables. Service was prompt and courteous. We had the saganaki (flaming cheese) which was delicious, as well as a mezze platter that included baba ghanoush, hummus, and a couple of other items. It was as good as a similar one I had elsewhere for almost double the price. A great value. By the time our entrees we arrived we were almost full already! We had both gotten a pasta dish that had "dueling sauces." It was light and different; a welcome change from the heavy pasta based dishes that you often find in restaurants. We had no complaints about anything (although a bit more of the delicious sauces would have been great!) Definitely planning to return.

• Visited August 2012