“Staff Needs Some Attention”

Troy Mediterranean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Troy Mediterranean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 860 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Leave the ordinary behind and escape to the Mediterranean! Southside's newest and highly anticipated addition is Troy Mediterranean Cuisine. Located directly across from the Savannah Car Wash Detail Center is a little family owned restaurant that is poised to raise the bar for fine restaurants in Savannah. Once you step inside you are whisked away to the Mediterranean. The decor is tranquil and the atmosphere is peaceful. This is a great place to bring the family or that first date. Great care and detail goes into each entree and the presentation is food magazine quality. Since they are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, there is absolutely no excuse why you cannot dine here! If you are in a hurry, you can have your favorite entree(s) cooked to order and pick them up through their takeout area. Either way you owe it to yourself to escape to Troy!
Savannah, Georgia
“Staff Needs Some Attention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This review is for the Troy Restaurant on Wilmington Island in Savannah, not the Abercorn location. We took advantage of an Internet special offer to try this nearby establishment. There is no sense of arrival - except for wait staff clowning around. Once we were seated, it took about 7 minutes to get water and menu's. Again, the staff seemed more interested in their own distractions than being attentive. We ordered the saganaki, which was terrific and nicely presented, but we had to ask for bread. No butter offered. Our sons meal was presented immediately, without request, but our entree's took another 10 minutes before they came. He was almost done by then. Our meals were all good. Presentation and taste were well done and in line with expectations. No one really noticed when we were leaving. So, yes I recommend Troy for the food but unless mgmt buckles down on the servers, expect an overall mediocre experience.

“Authentic European... Finally!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Troy Mediterranean is NOT a chain restaurant that is known for caesar salads and lady fingers cake... This restaurant is AMAZING! The service and atmosphere is quite delightful at both locations. But we all want to know about the food right?? Well, my recommendation is to try whatever your server suggest as the nightly special! Although they also prepare each menu dish with the finest and freshest ingredients too. More importantly, the chef takes pride in these authentic dishes created for the diners. I really do daydream about their lovely, mouth-watering meals often...

• Visited June 2012
“Very Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friends and I went to Troy's on Saturday 7-21-12 the service was quick, but the server did not have ANY personality AT ALL! The food I ordered was not up to par, I started an an appetizer of calamari, which was soft, not seasoned and not crunchy at all and the Tzatziki sauce did not compliment it at ALL!
I opted for the caesar salad w/grilled shrimp, which they left the tails on and it made it quite difficult to really enjoy.
There was nothing special about this salad, I could have made it at home. Then the dessert, which I was looking so forward to because I love Tiramisu, but not at TROY'S they did not use lady fingers, but some sort of DRY spongelike cake and they did not add ANY coffee liqueur, which is the best part. So I don't think I will be returning to this establishment as this is not authentic mediterranean cusine, it can't be!

Georgia
“I had to write a review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I haven't written a review in a long time. I could not sit at my desk and not give a compliment to Troy Mediterranean Rest. on Abercorn. I just want to say that my lunch was amazing.

1 Thank famof4ga
Orlando, Florida
“Troy on Wilmington Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went here for dinner. We had a really great time. The food was good, the service was good, everything was good. What a nice surprise since it is tucked away. Just a suggestion: the Baklava is worth saving room for.

1 Thank TinkerbellsBFF