“Kayak Rentals”

Bull River Marina and Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bull River Marina Eco Tours & Charters is nestled in the beautiful salt marshes at the north end of Wilmington Island in Historic Savannah, Georgia. If you are looking for great family fun, we offer Boat Rentals, Dolphin Cruises, Water Taxi service, Sight-Seeing Tours, Inshore and Offshore Fishing, Yacht Charters, and More! Our knowlegable staff of licensed captains can customize a excursion to fit any need: Wedding on the beach - no problem! Sunset low country boil with your feet in the surf? You bet! How about a sunset cruise on a beatuful sportfisherman with wine and cheese? By all means! Shark tooth hunting for the family? Need you ask! Need to get to Daufuskie? Tell us when. Just give us a call and let us know what you have in mind - leave the details to us.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kayak Rentals”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had not called ahead so were surprised to find out the minimum rental was a half-day.The operator of the marina was very kind and worked with us on a rental rate as we just needed the kayaks for a quick morning paddle. We were very happy with the rate and with the quality kayaks.Spent a great morning on the river kayaking with my daughters and got to see a dolphin. This was one of the highlights of our Savannah weekend. We'll be back for sure.

1 Thank Joanne H

Atlanta
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Worth doing again!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have been coming to Savannah for over 20 years and decided this year to try a boat tour. Reservations were easy to make and we went out for about two hours. Had a totally enjoyable time learning about the marsh, the river, oysters, eco systems etc. Got to see a few dolphins and a little shark. Really nice tour and we would do it again!

3 Thank Dkissel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Daufuskie Day trip”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had an excellent experience with Bull River Marina and Gary yesterday. I often recommend this Marina for our guests (I manage an Inn in Savannah), so I decided to see what my guests were experiencing for myself. The ride over was very nice and we were given points/information about all of the things we saw on the ride over. Had a great tooling around Daufuskie and went to most of the places the captain had recommended-great suggestions. The boat was waiting on us when we returned to the dock and we had a great trip back to the marina as well, we even took a 5 minute detour to go slowly to see the school of dolphin we encountered. Made for a great way to end the day! Thank so much.

2 Thank Tim O
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“OMG OMG OMG”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Okay yall me and my dad came down to tybee for a week. we booked two fishing trips with these guys one on Monday and one on Wednesday inshore and offshore. and well Monday went amazing but Wednesday came around and it was bad weather we went to the marina anyway and Capt. Tommy informed us we could still go out but it wasn't the best fishing day and asked us if we would have a problem reschedule for Friday, because it was a better fishing day. So of course we did and we had a wonderful time Friday but what I love is that he was honest with us and didn't just take us out anyway! but anyway this was my first time in a very long time my dad and I have fished together let me just say I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! Capt. Tommy is so awesome! we have already planned another trip for this coming October and booking it within the next 2 weeks we are personally asking for Capt. Tommy! I could go on and on about both of our trips they were so amazing and those two days are so special to me! we had a great captain and I made wonderful memories with my dad! thank you guys so much! -Ashley & Scott

1 Thank AshleyBurnette
Fort Mill, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful sights, didn't go far.”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff and owner that ran the tour were pretty pleasant and very informative, but it kind of felt like we were stuck along for the ride on an 8th grade field trip. There were 5-7 Girl Scouts and their Mother's along for the tour and they pretty much dictated the entire tour. We loved the boat, seeing the dolphins, the waterways and the owner did give a pretty good tour at the beginning, but the second half was dedicated to trawling the water and looking at creatures which we had minimal interest in. I'm glad we did it, but it could have been better.

Visited April 2014
JADthree, General Manager at Bull River Marina and Tours, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Im sorry you felt a little disappointed with your dolphin trip. However, I think you have Bull River Marina confused with Bull River Cruises. You mentioned that the operator did a trawl, which is something we dont do on our Dolphin/Nature Trips. What day was your trip? We only ran one trip in the last couple of weeks with a Girl Scout Troop and it was a private trip. However, next time you are in Savannah, we would love to have you come down and try the same sort of tour with us, just ask for Captain Gator and he will treat you to a wonderful trip