“Ask for Dot!”

Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, GA
“Ask for Dot!”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Avia is a truly elegant hotel. its moden design and frendly staff made it a home away from home during my stay. Ask for Dot, she is the best!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to be your home away from home at AVIA Savannah. Thank you for complimenting Dot. Dot and the rest of the staff work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
In hospitality, Pedro Perez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
South London
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Great location, within easy walking distance to the river front, shops & restaurants. Very friendly staff, welcoming and helpful - and able to lend an enormous umbrella to help with the sudden torrential rain.
Good breakfast, and again, friendly staff make you feel comfortable even if you're a solo traveller.
Huge, clean rooms, comfortable beds with brand new bathrooms and a massive TV. Wifi is also included. There's a coffee percolator - but no tea, for the British ;o)

The only bad thing about this hotel is the thin walls! I could hear absolutely every word the women next door were saying to their screaming child, from 5am onwards. I could hear the other people down the hall asking them to be quiet, and i could hear them ignore the plea and carry on shrieking. It's a real shame, as everything else to do with the hotel was spot on.

Having said this - I've had the same discussion with people who stayed at the Hyatt, and the walls there are no better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank p3p
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, February 14, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at AVIA. Savannah is a great city and has so much to offer within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff and I will definitely look at adding tea bags to the rooms. I apologize that you were able to hear you neighbor during your stay. I hope this doesn't have an impact on your decision to return to AVIA. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments hope you will stay with us again.
Destin
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My daughter and I were on a long journey and stopped in Savannah for a pit stop. Weather was absolutely terrible. Torrential rain. I had already booked this hotel online and it was easy to find. Slightly confusing on where to stop for the valet parking and you are just out there next to the street. Staff was majorly friendly and helpful. Checking in was a breeze. Our room was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever been in and I have been in some of the best hotels out there. You walk in and you have a little wood floor entry way, beautiful modern furnishings, a kitchenette with mini bar. I think the room had three TV's (it has been a month since I stayed there). The main room had a king bed, curved sofa with ottoman, a telescope and a balcony. The bathroom had a TV a little makeup area and a huge shower. It was just a beautiful room. The furnishings and light fixtures were top notch. We checked out the pool area which looked awesome but we were there in the off season. We were only there one night and it poured rain the entire time. But I had our balcony door open and the room was so beautiful that I did not care that we could not explore the town. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If I had to complain the only ones I would have would be: I asked the girl behind the front desk where to eat (concierge was not there at the time) and I told her that I was a major foodie and she recommended Wild Wings Cafe (maybe because I had a 7 year old with me?). I laughed and asked her if she was kidding and the guy at the desk with her recommended Vic's but had only eaten there once. We went there and it was pretty awful. And the breakfast at the hotel was not tasty. It was a very pleasant atmosphere and I love the staff but the food pretty much sucked. Oh and I almost forgot, I slept with the balcony door open and we were on the side of the hotel next to the valet parking and parking garage. Around 3 a.m. I could hear all the drunks out on the street hooping it up and several interesting conflicts. I loved it but could understand someone that needs their sleep might want a more quiet room. Of course you could just close the balcony door. I really was not that impressed with Savannah but I would absolutely go stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing AVIA. We are happy you had a wonderful stay and found our rooms to be amazing. I apologize for the restaurant suggestions you received. I will review local restaurants with the front desk staff so they can suggest an appropriate restaurant based upon the guest's request. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Savannah or at one of our other AVIA Hotel locations.
N Plainfield
Reviewed February 3, 2010

As our holiday gift to each other, my husband and I chose a weekend in Savannah. As first time visitors, I used Tripadvisor (of course) to help with our selections. The Avia Hotel was the perfect choice for us. With all the perks of a 4-star hotel, it was friendly, convenient, and charming. Well- thought out design, eye-catching decor, and an extremely cool pool deck. Room amenities include robes, lots of towels and a layout that encourages relaxation. The chaise lounge is a great extra! Laurel at reception, Joshua at the wine bar, the concierge and really ALL the staff were knowledgable, helpful and also genuinely interested in making sure our visit was all it could be. The valet gave us perfect directions, the bar made a perfect drink, the engineer came to our room within 5 minutes to replace a radio, there are 4 computer terminals available, breakfast buffet looked fantastic ($12.95 and 25% of if you prepay the night before), the concierge took the time and had maps/brochures to back up her recommendations...Now if the pool was heated....I would be tempted to go to 5 stars.
trip report separate

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great comments regarding the décor and staff at AVIA. The perfect hotel for a perfect weekend is a very nice compliment. Savannah is a great place to vacation and I'm delighted AVIA was perfect for you and your husband. We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are in Savannah!
DC
Reviewed February 2, 2010

i read many posts and was apprehensive staying at the hotel, but i gathered after arriving that most posts were shortly after the grand opening. the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. i had the flu during my stay and the bell-hop provided some tylenol. i left clothing in the bathroom closet and items were returned promptly. this is a very good 4-star hotel. the lobby and bar area are inviting upon entering the building. the suite was small compared to many vegas rooms that i stayed in before, but the quality of decor and cleanliness exceeded my expectations. i can be very picky, especially about cleanliness. the bathroom is oversized and offers a great shower and deep sitting tub. you will probably hear some patron and pedestrian noise while staying at the hotel, but i am a very light sleeper and it didn't bother me much. it was too cold to enjoy the terrace or pool, but i would like to return when it is warmer. the room service has great flatbread pizza. paula deens restaurant offers large portions and i would recommend. i would visit old trolley for a tour of the city. try and get Hollywood (john wilson) who is very charismatic and funny. i wouldn't suggest the haunted tour. it was adequate, but not for the price. we expected to visit the inside of a home or at least the graveyard. the city as great architecture. the waterfront offers many bars and gimmicky shops, but you can't beat the candy stores. two make candy while you watch. i live in DC and the city was a nice escape. cab ride will run you about 35 bucks from the airport, which is close, but i wouldn't bother with car rental unless you have alot of time and plan on visiting tiby beach (spelling), hilton head, etc. the historic district is not too large and we can all use exercise. what else.. i would rate my stay and experience as a 9 out of 10. if i didn't come down with the flu, and lose a day, i would have given the rating a 10.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tommydugger
Dear Valued Guest,
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at AVIA. We're glad you decided to give our hotel a try and ended up having a great experience. Savannah is a great city and we're glad you were able to take advantage of the sites and restaurants. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Savannah!
pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Amazing hotel. Very attentive staff. Beautiful rooms. Elevators can only be operated with a room key which was very smart from a security viewpoint. Great location by the riverfront. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed January 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at AVIA and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Savannah!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2010

When I read all the reviews about customer service, I thought there was no way it was that great. But I was wrong. The customer service here was so incredibly amazing! From the bell guys, to the concierge, to the cleaning ladies. Everyone was eager to greeet you with a smile and help with any needs.
Our room was the perfect size w/ a full kitchen. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The robes were a nice tough. Great location too. Easy walk to Market street, Riverstreet and downtown.
I would recommend this place to anyone!
By the way, we were trying to decide between this place and the Bohemian. When we visited the Bohemian to see what we missed, we were so happy w/ our decision. THere was a manager and four workers w/ us in the elevator. No one said hi, they just started complaining about work and other co-workers. VERY distasteful. No one ever said hello or offered to help. But the rooftop bar was nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Your comments are greatly appreciated and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our hotel overall, as well as the location. We are glad you had an incredible stay and our customer service exceeded your expectations. We thank you for staying with us and welcome you back to AVIA soon.