3,449 results
All reviewsellis squarecity marketfire pitmini barnon alcoholic drinkscandied bacongreat locationfree snackscomplimentary glass of winehistoric districtwalk in showerthe riversmall balconywithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet parkingawesome hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Stayed over Labor Day weekend with family. Overall a great stay, but definitely some improvements could be made.

Location: 5
It's 2 blocks from Riverstreet and right in front of the Ellis Square Park/City Market. You can basically walk to all of the sights in Savannah from here. Plenty of great restaurant options close by and the trolley stop is also right in front of the hotel. You can't find anything better than this.

Customer Service: 4
Everyone was very nice and helpful at the Andaz Savannah. We had requested a pack-n-play several days in advance for our toddler. When we got to the room, a staff member was setting it up for us. Closer to bedtime, I realized that it was actually defective and called downstairs for another one. Someone came to retrieve the pack-n-play and apologized, and we assumed he was bringing another one. We waited an hour and not knowing what was going on, I called downstairs again to see if they were in the process of getting us another pack-n-play. We were told there were no extra pack-n-plays they could bring us, but, they may be able to call other hotels and borrow one for us to use. In the end, they were able to get us a pack-n-play from another hotel and things worked out. However, it would have been nice if the staff checked the pack-n-play ahead of time and noticed it was broken, so we didn't have to deal with this issue at all.

Room Condition: 3
The room was decorated nicely with contemporary style, but the bathroom seemed very outdated. Not enough hooks for towels and no decor or art on the walls. It was a walk-in shower with no door, which was fine, but water pressure was not that great. The sink wasn't draining properly, but I wasn't going to ask to switch rooms for a 2-night stay. The carpet in the living area had some wrinkling. The AC unit worked well though.

Amenities: 5
Andaz offers non-alcoholic beverages, water, and snacks for free in each guest room. They also had coffee, water, wine, and snacks available in the lobby as well. This was really nice to have since it saved us a trip to the grocery store. They offer Byrd's cookies (local product), which were so delicious.
In the room, you had your typical bathroom amenities, including a shower cap, shoe mitt. I liked the terry cloth slippers they had as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Ellis Square park. Rooms on the 6th floor have lower ceilings than rooms on other floors.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Adam_Motter, ANdAZ Host at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback online. I am so glad you decided to stay with us while visiting Savannah. However, I do sincerely apologize your stay was not up to our standards. Your constructive criticism has been reviewed by our management and we are working to improve stays for future guests! If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We stayed at the Andaz during hurricane Irma. We felt comfortable, safe, and well-cared for. The staff was superb, especially under trying conditions. The room was comfortable and clean. Our little dog had a wonderful time as well!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Best,

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We spent three nights at this hotel when we went to Savannah to escape Hurricane Irma. The hotel and restaurant staff did a superb job under difficult circumstances (Savannah under curfew from 10 pm to 7 am the first two days). Rooms are clean and very quiet. Many people brought dogs, but once we were in our rooms, we never heard a bark. The restaurant had a very limited breakfast and dinner menu due to lack of deliveries. Nevertheless, they were able to provide a few very tasty items each day. The hotel is very well located on the edge of the historical district. Parking is very conveniently located in a public parking garage adjacent to the hotel and accessible without going outside.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Adam_Motter, ANdAZ Host at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so pleased to hear we were able to provide a safe haven for you during Irma's visit to the south. I hope to see you next time under different circumstances!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

(Posting this here to mirror what I sent to Hyatt) If you're going to stay in a newer hotel (vs. the historic options like Planters Inn, which I also really enjoy), the Andaz in Savannah is a terrific choice. The location is superb - walking distance to so many of the things that are wonderful about Savannah - and the hotel itself was a real pleasure. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels, and it is rare that I truly enjoy the hotel itself, but there were just a lot of little things that added up to a really great experience.

The staff was genuinely friendly, energetic and helpful. The decor is really nice. The room was great - on the smaller side but efficient, comfortable bed and bedding, laid out well and the bathroom had a large walk-in shower. Snacks and drinks (coke/water/juice) were complimentary in the room. etc. That's cool and appreciated - I kinda hate the temptation of the mini-bar.

I'll totally go back - Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Adam_Motter, ANdAZ Host at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you for your outstanding review of our property! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our boutique style, genuine staff and comfortable amenities! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Sought refugage here from Hurrican Irma. The staff and property was first class,and very,very nice. Location is in the middle of everything.
I spend about 70 % of my time each year on the road and this property is a jewel. Anxious to return to Savannah and fully enjoy the city.

Hey Mr. & Ms. Stewart!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ANdAZ experience! It was an absolute pleasure talking care you two post Irma. We cannot wait to have you back!

Kindest Regards,