“Savannah in OCT is beautiful”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Worcester, MA
“Savannah in OCT is beautiful”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

If you are looking for an escape from the cool weather of New England, a visit to Savannah in October is a must. Recent long weekend . AVIA is beautiful hotel. Rooms aren't large, but comfortable. The bathroom could use a few more hooks. Only one hook to hang your towels, bathrobes (which were provided) and other personal belongings. Staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

1 Thank PWDGolfers
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing AVIA for your recent stay in Savannah! We thank you for your nice comments and appreciate your feedback on the bathroom hooks. It is important to us to know what we can do to better your stay! We hope to see you again during your next stay in Savannah!
Pedro Perez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We were guests for 4 days in October. The staff was very attentive, thoughtful and professional. The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable. Big comfy beds. Huge showers. The Grand Room was very spacious. I loved the fitness room - very nice equipment. Every detail was considered and taken care of. You must do the breakfast at least one day during your stay.
Location is convenient to both the river and historic Savannah. Practically next door the City Market shopping district. Loved this place!!

1 Thank JimNFireman
Dear Valued Guest,
It is wonderful to hear you loved AVIA! We thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. Savannah is a great city with so much to offer and we hope you consider AVIA for your next stay!
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We are from Jax, FL - so Savannah is always at the top of the list for quick weekend getaways. We went up to celebrate my Birthday - just me and my Husband. He found the AVIA online. First walk into the lobby - our expectations were more than met. Room was clean. Nice shower. Comfy bed and pillows. The Wine Bar was superb. Going out in Savannah, you have alot of choices. We were more than happy to just enoy our after dinner cocktails right there at the AVIA bar. Excellent service from start to finish. We are already planning a trip back up with some friends, and will definitely be staying at the AVIA again.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing AVIA to help celebrate your birthday! We are happy to hear AVIA exceeded your expectation and that the service was excellent from start to finish. It is great to hear you are already planning another trip with friends. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Philadelphia, MS
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We had never been to Savannah and were overwhelmed with all the Bed & Breakfast, Inns & Hotels available in the Historic District. AVIA was my first choice, but I have a decision making disability! I was torn between the elegance of the AVIA or a "Historic" type hotel. I finally made a decision..AVIA. I am so glad I did. I booked the room on line at the AVIA website. There was an option to upgrade and I agreed. Our room was on the 5th floor, The Ellis Square Grand Studio Suite. Beautiful room: 3 flat screen TVs, (one in the bathroom) small kitchen area, nice balcony, very comfortable bed. Great location! The staff was wonderful. From the moment we drove up to the door we were treated like royalty. Valet service was great. Check-in was quick, even though they were busy. The breakfast was fantastic! Concierge service was wonderful. Very helpful! We really felt at home. We hated to leave. The AVIA staff made this a wonderful vacation.

1 Thank Peebles1977
Dear Valued Guest,
We are happy you made the decision to stay at AVIA and even happier that you felt at home! It is great to know you were treated like royalty from beginning to end! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is beyond wonderful to hear AVIA and the staff helped make this a wonderful vacation for you. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Savannah!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 19, 2009

On a whim, we spent one fabulous night at the Avia Hotel. The Avia is walking distance to the historic district, the praline candy store, and Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons - What more can you possibly need? How about amazing beds, a fabulous shower, great workout pit, wonderful pool, cool firepit, nice bar, and absolutely OUTSTANDING service by everyone from the General Manager to Jordan at the Front Door. If you are planning a trip to Savannah, I give the Avia my highest recommendation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank KASheely
Dear Valued Guest,
We are blown away by your nice compliments about your recent stay at AVIA! We are happy you chose AVIA and that you give it your highest recommendation! Thank you for taking the time to share you experience! We hope to see you again for future visits to Savannah!
Atlanta
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip to Savannah. I did my research on tripadvisor and saw all the great reviews about AVIA, so I decided to book a room. Of course, I was expecting to be disappointed as it is very hard to impress me.

As soon as we arrived, we felt welcomed. Every member of the staff was warm, friendly, and courteous. This is very rare nowadays as most "boutique" hotels can be quite stuffy. I want to note that we were dressed in jeans and t-shirts the entire time and still received the upmost attention from the vallet to the front desk, to the young lady that was in charge of cleaning our room. I can tell that every staff member understands the importance of excellent service. If AVIA treats every guest in this manner, it will only be a matter of time before it will be difficult to get a room at this hotel as word of their excellent service gets out.

We were in what the hotel describes as a "classic king" room. This room was very small, but perfect for just the two of us. If you are a traveller that requires space, then you may want to upgrade. The room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever been in. The decor and view of the pool was excellent. Now, I have quite an eye for detail, so of course I saw a few flaws. The only reason I am mentioning them is to try and help all of you out there understand there is no perfect hotel, but the AVIA is as close to perfect as you can get. One of the pictures that should have been hanging on the wall was actually resting on one of the night stands. Most people would not be able to see this flaw as the picture was the same height as the headboard and was placed in a manner that matched the height of the other picture above the other nightstand. Also, when all of the lights were off, the TV was on, and I stood at an angle by the window, I could see a few scratches on the wall made visible by the glare of the TV. I am not sure if the scratches were due to a repair or not. I am certain 99% of guests would never see this. I just happen to have a gift for finding tiny flaws. That is it! That is all I could find.

In my opinion, the location of this hotel is perfect. It is 1/2 a block from Bay Street. Bay Street has heavy traffic, so traffic noise is not a problem. Another block or so, and you are on River Street. While AVIA is not directly on River Street, I find this to be a plus. River Street can get noisy from all of the bars and restaurants. We never moved our car to get anywhere. Everything was within walking distance.

Bottom Line: Stay at AVIA Savannah & you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted you and your husband had a nice trip to Savannah and AVIA helped make it memorable. Its wonderful to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that AVIA is as close to perfect as you can get. We thank you for sharing your experience and welcome you back again soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Avia is centrally located between Broughton (shopping) and the river. The staff was very courteous from beginning to end. There were four of us and we had two queen rooms. The rooms were spacious, new, and the beds were very comfortable. On the second floor there is an outdoor patio, lanai, pool, and small bar. With weather permitting, there is an outdoor fire pit. We had drinks in the lobby bar and the service and atmosphere is nice. The breakfast buffet is very nice and the staff cooking and serving were extremely nice! This hotel is suitable for couples, seniors, families with children. The only drawback is no room service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at AVIA. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and amenities. Thank you for your feedback about room service. Savannah is a great city with much to offer and we hope to see you again soon!