Andaz Savannah
  • Bar/Lounge
$169
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
$214
$200
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Travelocity
3,295 results
All reviewsellis squarecity marketfire pitmini barcandied baconnon alcoholic drinksgreat locationfree snackscomplimentary glass of winehistoric districtwalk in showerthe riversmall balconywithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet parkingawesome hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The hotel was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. The tub was a bit stained as if it had not been thoroughly cleaned.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Our stay at this hotel was excellent. From the minute we pulled up to the valet stand to checking out the staff was beyond nice and helpful. The rooms were decorated beautifully as was the rest of the hotel. The location was perfect. We were deciding between this hotel and one on the river and were very happy not to be on the river once we arrived. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

3  Thank sprout4554
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed in a studio suite, which was really just a bigger room. Turndown service on the weekend made this feel so luxurious. The staff, from the valets to the restaurant servers, made us feel so happy to be there. The concierge treated my 5 year old son like he was a visiting ambassador ("well, SIR, I would recommend the playground near the river...") and gave us lots of time and great ideas.

A couple small issues: The pool was smaller and colder than expected, but it refreshed us and that was all we needed. The restaurant was not prepared for the crowd Saturday night, for some reason, and a bowl of soup took over half an hour, which was completely unreasonable.

Honestly, though, I have OCD, and one of my problems is that I am freaked out staying in hotels. I was so comfortable here, I didn't have a single issue with anything being less than perfectly clean. That says a lot coming from me!

The room was right over the pool but was perfectly sound-proofed so that we didn't hear a thing. Also, it had three sets of windows on one wall but was perfectly light-proofed so we couldn't tell the time of day when we slept. There was music playing softly when we arrived, and we thought that was a very special touch.

The breakfast buffet on Sunday was fantastic. I recommend skipping the runny omelettes and heading straight for the shrimp and grits. Not the sort of thing I would have gone for, but it was recommended to us and I'm so glad. Also loved the lox and capers. Yum. Our server (Bea?) saw that I was frustrated to tears by our misbehaving son and gave me some very good counsel. I really appreciated that.

We can't recommend this place enough and can't wait to return. When we find a hotel we love, we are very loyal to it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank mpgangle
Reviewed August 10, 2009

From the moment we arrived the staff and hotel were very welcoming. We stayed in a King bedroom and it was decorated beautifully. It was a very modern room in a historic town which is what I like. I love the history, but don't want to smell the must. I recommend this for the particular traveler who likes nice linens and a great bathroom. (Who doesn't)

1  Thank rzlovestotravel
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I would have given this a higher rating had the rooms been larger. Other than that (and a couple of niggles) this place was great. We stayed two nights here with our two children in a one bed hosting suite. The room was clean and nicely furnished and decorated. The bedroom was an adequate size and the bed was very comfortable. The "niggles" - the lounge area was a bit cramped when we pulled the sofa bed out - the cushions on the sofa bed were just so heavy and the pull mechanism very stiff, which made converting it to a bed quite difficult physically - the ac was also very noisy - the bathroom was nice, but the shower was underpowered and made rinsing my long hair very difficult - the pool was lovely, but there were not enough loungers around the pool (just 4 - the rest were chairs). The positives... The hotel has three computers which were free to use, as well as the internet, which was a real bonus. The gym was small but adequate. The staff were helpful, but we did not really avail ourselves of their services. They did give a great recommendation for icecream though. Not the gelato place down the road, but a small cafe opposite the multi-level parking, about a 1 minute walk from the hotel - can't remember the name of the place - but their caramel butter pecan icecream was to-die-for! Breakfast at the hotel was really lovely. They were the best breakfasts we had on our month-long vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us at AVIA Savannah. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, yet I would like to apologize for the issue regarding the size of your room. I did want to inform you that we have seven different room types and unfortunately you booked the smallest room. I wish you had mentioned this concern to our staff because we probably would have upgraded you to a bigger suite. Thank you again for your comments and we hope this will not impact your return to this hotel.
Yours in Hospitality,