“Loved it!”

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed there prior to the 4th of July weekend. We had a suite on the second floor facing the square. I loved the room and the view. The only downside was the noise coming from the square at night. The noise from the square continued to 4 a.m. each night while we stayed there but we dealt with it. The next time I come to Savannah, I will be definitely staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley B
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Ashley B, thank you for staying with us and thank you for the nice review. If you are able to return please contact me directly so I can find a room where Savannah revelers won't disturb your sleep! All the best, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Everything about this hotel was great, besides the easy ipad check in and complimentary glass of wine we received on arrival ,we loved the laid back feeling you get as you walk through the front lobby door, talk about service with a smile. The reception desk was a long open desk in the middle of the room giving it a real open feel with a modern twist ,the long contempory bar was to the right of it. Lovely design.
Our room was perfect , a sofa and a chaise lounge ,a balcony that over looked the pool .it was a good size and spotlessly clean ( until we got there..haha ) ..our room was number 313
We walked on down to the pool area ,it was very nice a small pool bar and canopy covered areas.Very quiet and Very nice. Like I said we loved this hotel. Its located in a great position and We agreed after staying in a few other hotels in Savannah, this hotel was the best so far...its got everthing.

Room Tip: Our room was 313 and overlooking the pool area .. I would imagine the other odd numbered rooms in th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bornabrit
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Bornabrit, I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel! Thank you for visiting and please come back again soon, Matt
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Andaz Savannah you are my new favorite hotel.

I love the web check in/out option I was given. This makes checking in and out a breeze.

Valet parking is pretty expensive at $23/day

We were given complementary beverages while checking in (red wine for me, soda for the husband).

Our standard room was small but well appointed and beautifully decorated. Mini fridge is stocked and everything except the alcoholic beverages are complementary. This was a welcome bonus. Noise outside the hotel was noticeable in the room yet not excessive. I would take a small fan for white noise next time.

Staff was exceptional. I wish I single someone out but everyone we encountered was friendly and welcoming.

Location was great. A short walk to River street. Restaurants and shops are plentiful and within walking distance. Please make sure you wear comfortable foot attire. I had no idea how much walking we would do!

I would absolutely stay here again. It will be the standard to which I hold all other hotels in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xatiayn
xatiayn, thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice review. It is really gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon, Matt
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We all really liked this hotel. First impressions mean a lot, especially when you are tired from a day on the road. We were greeted with such warmth by everyone from the valet parking guy to the check-in lady that we felt at home right away. The location is perfect for a family visiting the sights of Savannah, and the pool was a great way of passing a couple of hours when only one of us (me) wanted to visit The Mercer house. The double queen rooms are spacious, soft drinks are complementary in your room, the breakfast is good, especially the pancakes, and parking is easy with a parking lot close by. Our room overlooked the swimming pool deck, and if I was visiting again, I'd probably ask to be higher as we felt a little overlooked, despite the sheer curtains, on the couple of occasions we were in our room in the afternoons.definitely worth another visit!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EJYork
EJYork, thank you for visting us from so far away! If you are able to return please contact me directly and I'll make sure you receive a higher floor. All the best, Matt
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this hotel. The hotel itself is gorgeous, location is perfect and the staff couldn't be more helpful/friendly. It is located close to the downtown area, riverfront & right next to historic Ellis Square. The room was beautiful and extremely clean. The bed and pillows are the most comfortable my husband and I have ever slept in! Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trisha T
Trisha T, thank you for your nice review. We get lots of compliments on our Simmons Westbury II plush mattresses. Come back to Andaz again soon! Matt
Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not what you would envision for a historic Savannah hotel.. because it is not. Very clean lines and young vibe. I felt a little like Alice in Wonderland.. enter hall with retro phones, 7 foot fun house type mirrors, dimly lit hall. Room with high ceilings impressive headboards, with a 15' long desk/tv/bar. Snacks and drinks in bar n/c. Super comfy beds with downy bedding and feather pillows for those with high expectations - no disappointments here!
LOVED breakfast.. farm style service with fresh herbs from composted kitchen items..
Great location.. easy walking city and this location puts you in the middle of it all ~!
Super staff as well. Friendly and helpful ~

Room Tip: we were on low floor.. no issues at all..
Green Features: Compost and growing own herbs, plans for a rooftop garden ~
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1pickytraveler, I love your username! Thank you for staying with us at Andaz, I am glad you enjoyed the design and aesthetic. Please come back soon, Matt
Auburn
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Andez for a friends wedding in savanna. As soon as checked in the service was amazing. The front desk checked us in by a iPad then gave us 2 glasses of wine while we waited. We were upgraded to a suite which had a kitchenette, snacks and plenty of drinks they stocked everyday. We will be back soon!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple