“Near Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Near Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I chose the Andaz after a positive experience at their Liverpool Street hotel, and wasn't disappointed. Well thought out public areas and rooms, quick efficient check in and out, and contemporary decor. There seemed to be a good atmosphere among all staff who were consistently welcoming and helpful, appreciated especially as I was travelling solo. Rooms were well appointed, newspapers, snacks and non-alcoholic minibar drinks complimentary (great when wanting a quick pick me up after an afternoon of sightseeing) and bed amazingly comfortable. View was of the building across the road so it was a little dark but not too much so. Pool area was a nice bonus on hot days. Location is spot on. I didn't try the bar but it looked good and was always busy in the evenings. Only tweaks I'd suggest is putting more loungers around the pool if possible (may not be due to the layout), the aircon was a little loud, and the shower head could be secured so its possible to arrange it at an angle (a small thing and may have been particular to my room). Thanks to the Andaz for a great stay,

Room Tip: Some rooms seemed to be on the same level with windows opening up to the pool area, and my room was...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Taniwha_Blue
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Taniwha_Blue, thank you for visiting from so far away. It is always good to hear from a guest who has stayed at one of our sister properties, we are all so different! It is nice to hear that despite our different styles both hotels served you well. Please return to Andaz soon. Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

cant remember her name. anna? either way, the front desk girl was wonderful. i ask everyone their names just so when i come on this site i can give them a proper gratification. bed was great, room was clean and quiet. savannah baby!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BDarrWelder, thank you for staying at Andaz Savannah! Please come back soon, Matt
Avon, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was probably the best hotel experience our family has ever had. We were traveling with our two young daughters on vacation. The staff was amazing from the doormen, front desk, concierge, bartenders, Chef, servers, and housekeepers. I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be "kid-friendly", but because of the location and the great staff, our kids were perfectly happy. The bartenders remembered our drinks each evening, the Chef prepared a special "kids plate" when we ate in the restaurant, and the front desk/concierge were very helpful in recommending local restaurants and activities that are kid-friendly. When we inquired about restaurants in Charleston (where we were headed next), we were presented with an ipad where they had pulled up some of the top restaurants where we were able to view the menus as well. The pool and gym are both great. My favorite part about our hotel room was the decor - not your typical hotel, just very beautiful mirrors, art, even the bathtub was gorgeous. We hope to visit this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Claaea
Claaea, thank you for staying at Andaz Savannah. My kids love the hotel and the area, so I totally understand where you are coming from. My boys' favorite in the hotel is the bacon and the pool, their favorite in the neighborhood is the Savannah Candy Kitchen ... please come back soon, Matt
Salina, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved the Andaz hotel! The decor was beautiful, the room was spacious and well cares for. The staff tended to over knock for house keeping but once we left the "solitude" hanger on the door we had no problems. Everyone was friendly and the place was always clean!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amberyzz
Amberyzz, thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your visit, hope you have a chance to come back again soon, Matt
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. We always book the same type of room as we like the garden tub and the suites the best.
This past weekend we checked in on a Sunday and out on Tuesday. Upon check in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room from the "loft" to a "suite". Being confused as I remembered booking the suite, I questioned this but was told that " no sir, you booked the loft". No big deal, I pulled up the reservation on my iphone to check and sure enough, I had booked 2 nights in their Grand Studio Suite. I showed the booking reservation to the Andaz staff checking us in and she viewed it. She told us that because we booked on a third party website (expedia) that they sometimes use different names for the rooms than the hotel. hmmmm. I don't exactly see how this is my issue or how I can be expected to know that ahead of time. If I book a suite, I guess I kind of expect to get a suite.
In any event, she agreed to give us the "upgrade" to a suite as they still had some available, so in the end it all worked out as planned just with a slight hiccup.
Aside from that the stay was great, staff was very accommodating, room was beautiful and no issues.
The only other mentionable item was breakfast. While it was laid out beautifully, they definitely changed it up on us from previous stays! What we had the previous 2 visits was a all you can eat style breakfast that had their fantastic shrimp and grits, crepes, made to order omelets, and several other fantastic items for one price.
This time, they still have a buffet but it only includes the omelet station as the "nicer" items. No more shrimp and grits or crepes unless you want to order them separately and pay full price for each item. Too bad they went this route...breakfast was one of our favorite things about this hotel until they changed it. Now we will go down to the riverfront and catch it somewhere else I suppose.
Everything else was fantastic.

Room Tip: Depends what you want to spend, but the most spacious and best rooms are ones that overlook Ellis Sq...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TimothyK9
TimothyK9, thank you for your repeat visits! My apologies for the confusion with your room. It appears that the names of our rooms on Expedia's website have reverted to the names from when the hotel was a different brand, we will let them know right away. The room with the tub is the Andaz Suite, please just contact me directly the next time you are coming and I will set it up, Matt
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel in a great location. Stayed 5 nights in a king room. Loved having the free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in room mini bar. Large shower and comfy bed. Great lobby bar with the best bartenders Scott and Jacob. Beautiful pool and patio area with firepit at night. Very good food in hotel restaurant, best dinner and breakfast we had during our stay in Savannah. Service was excellent, and their employees were very friendly.
Can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel. We had a great time and will definitely stay here the next time we visit Savannah.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
ladybugthomas, thank you for visiting and thank you for the very generous review, I am so glad you were able to meet Scott & Jacob, they are the best. Please come back soon, Matt
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stepping into the Andaz was nothing short of stepping into a fairy tale. The front desk host approached me with the embodiment (as did all of the staff thoughout the hotel) of Southern graciousness and hospitality. He checked me in with finesse,and the front desk just flowed from there in the same manner. Kindness, helpfulness, professionalism, efficiency, such as a situation with a dress that I had stained and Jessie kindly sent this out for me for repairs with his never ending smile and reassurance. Clinton, Kanesha, Frederick, Melinda, LaCressa, Breanna, and yes, I have a little soft spot for the wonderful Sharamie were all terrific. The Concierge service was outstanding in terms of answering my many questions and assisting me with dinner reservations, this included both Dan and Eric, assets to the hotel, absolutely. Kudos to Pat Howard, the Front Office Manager. Matt was another great guy who highly recommended the restaurant and we were so glad we went. The restaurant was lovely as was the hostess Emma and our doll of a waitress, Lexie. The very kindly appreciated complimentary red wine, excellent by the way led us to also sample the fantastic Mojitos made by Scott, the quintessential, jovial, gem of a bartender and, by the way the complimentary bacon at the bar was out of this world and worth flying to Savannah for. Finally, I must say that the room was one of the prettiest, quietest and most comfortable I have stayed in. Much appreciated from a New Yorker who lives in a drab shoebox. The layout was perfect, furnishings bright and elegant, the kitchen was great with its very good complimentary Wolfgang Puck coffee. All in all, just wonderful. The hotel was on top of it all walking distance from all of the wonders Savannah has to offer from bikes to rent to ride through the magical homes, cobblestoned streets, past the parks, great shops with equally great staff, and really excellent restaurants such as the Pink House, Elizabeth on 37. Ah, when can we get back is the question? Thank you so very much....

Room Tip: I believe our corner room away from the elevator and the ice machine helped make things quieter....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nohrie, thank you so much for your wonderful review. The team has been talking about it all day, they love hearing that they made such a difference in someone's visit to Savannah. Come back soon! Matt