“Beautiful, comfy hotel prime location!”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location to walk to restaurants, shopping and sights in Savannah! Love all the little extras like complimentary mini bar snacks and drinks (except alcohol) including chips, nuts, soda and juice. Big screen TV and hassle free internet. Comfy beds, very relaxing rooms and I had a great view of Ellis Square. If you forget something like toothpaste, etc just ask... They've got ya covered! Very friendly and helpful staff! I will stay here every visit to Savannah!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TravelingTexasGal
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

TravelingTexasGal, thank you for your visit, please come back to Savannah and Andaz again soon, Matt

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm a very particular traveler, and very picky about the places I stay. For the price - this place is in my top 5 for travel in the US. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, great location, unique restaurant on site, great breakfasts.....even a bartender who was genuinely friendly and pleasant. When my travels take me to Savannah I'll never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris B

Chris B, thank you for your very kind review! We look forward to your return visit, all the best, Matt

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I should begin by saying that I travel for work and am a diamond member with Hyatt, to which the Andaz properties belong, and it was my first time staying at an Andaz. Savannah is special to both my husband and I. We grew up visiting the city and we also were engaged there five years ago. This was our second trip this year, and we were there for my birthday.

The location was great, and the hotel does not feel like a chain at all, which is refreshing to someone that is in a hotel 40+ times a year. After a long drive, we were thrilled to be offered a welcome beverage at check-in, and I enjoyed my very nice glass of white wine! I used a suite upgrade I had and reserved one of the deluxe lofts and we were not disappointed! It was a beautiful and spacious room. What I liked about the property is that while not overly expensive, it included internet and complimentary drinks and snacks from the mini-bar. It has a great patio and heated pool (you can't do laps, but perfect for a quick dip to cool off), and a very romantic fire bowl on the same patio.

The breakfast buffet and menu was also of high quality. My husband had one of best omlets he has ever had, and I enjoyed one of the best versions of breakfast shrimp and grits I've ever had. Coming from a lifetime southerner, that is top billing! The locally sourced coffee is on my top ten list as well. In all, we were very pleased with our stay and now have a new favorite hotel in Savannah.

Room Tip: The deluxe lofts have a huge bathoom and a gorgeous pedestal tub.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dfrutiger
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

dfrutiger, thank you so much for your review and your loyalty to Hyatt. Your comments are especially gratifying since you are such a frequent traveler. Hope to see you again soon, Matt

Reviewed December 5, 2013

A really nice hotel right in the middle of Old Savannah. Easy to walk to everything in the old town area. Staff very helpful, they even offer a glass of wine gratis while you are checking in. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel; stayed there 4 nights and slept great every night - I need to call them to find out what kind it is! I would definitely stay there again if I was going to Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AzMember
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

AzMember, so glad you enjoyed your visit! Our mattresses are Simmons Westbury II plush.
Hope to see you at Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Drove to Savannah knowing nothing about the city. Andaz went above and beyond our expectations. Very comfortable, friendly staff. Highly recommend! Only complaint is the complimentary shampoo was underwhelming, but don't let that stop you. Walking distance from everything worth going to in downtown Savannah

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bkavanaugh

bkavanaugh, thank you for your business and thank you for your review. I appreciate the feedback about the shampoo, we are always looking for ways to improve. Please come back to Andaz soon, Matt

Reviewed December 2, 2013

From the first phone call until checkout, this hotel far exceeded our expectations. Talk about southern hospitality at its finest! Sheila in booking went above and beyond to ensure we got the room we wanted. She checked more than once daily until our exact room was available so we wouldnt have to move rooms. I was more than happy at the friendly reception and glass of wine my wife and I received as we were checking in. Since it was Thanksgiving and the menu was set for the day, we decided to wait until dinner at the bar. I asked about dinner and a few other questions and noticing the kids were tired and hungry, the chef, Lauren made a few special dishes/appetizers while we waited. She also seemed to be there everytime we were at the bar and seemed more than willing and excited to make us a few special things to keep the kids happy. Such amazing service and friendliness! Last but not least, I cannot say enough about the bartender, Scott. From minute one, he remembered us, our drinks, remembered our rooms so we didnt have to use the card all the time, and was just above and beyond friendly and accomodating. This was, by far, the best hotel and experience my family have had. The perfect location only made it better, which I didnt think was possible. Thank you Andaz, for being the best in Savannah!

Room Tip: Everything was tops!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank msgtnick

msgtnick, thank you for your comments, I will be sure to let Sheila, Lauren and Scott know that they made such a great impression. Please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This attractive and well-located, stylish hotel is truly an excellent value offering large,nicely furnished rooms and attentive,helpful staff. The hotel's bar and restaurant are also of high quality deserving a visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank efarkasTeaneck_NJ

efarkasTeaneck_NJ, thank you for your stay and review! Thanks for mentioning 22SQ bar, it is the best! Come back soon, Matt