New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Florida
“Excellent Experience at the Andaz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at the Andaz for one night while in Savannah. Would recommend it 100%. Fantastic location, great amenities, nicely-decorated rooms, and great staff. The added bonus of the free stocked mini-fridge was nice too

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Lori B, thank you for choosing Andaz Savannah, please come back soon, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here in September. It was a wonderful vacation. The people, were so nice and friendly. There was also so much to see and do. You will want to bring comfortable shoes to walk in because you will be doing a lot of walking in the historic area. In addition to wonderful food there are cute shops everywhere. Oh I almost forgot even though it is very touristy the haunted tours are fun. We also went on two plantation tours.One was the, Rose Hill Tour the family still lives in it and they were very accommodating and the owners wife told us about the history of the house it was great. They also served light appetizers and drinks. The other was the famous Mercer house a must see. Our family wants to come back and visit again soon.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
19Lucy75, thank you so much for choosing Andaz Savannah for your vacation! I appreciate your nice comments about our staff and location. Come back soon! Matt
Palm Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

9-26-13 thru 9-29-13 4 days at Andaz Savannah that were perfectly wonderful and the best 3 nights and 4 days that we could have experienced. Jesse, Clinton, Ray and all the staff were the tops! Professional, courteous and ready to do what ever it took to make our stay with them the best experience possible. Our suite was large, comfortable and the soaker tub a blessing. The daily greetings and sincere concern for our comfort was second to none. Savannah was a marvelous city to visit, and the Andaz management and staff, concierge, maids, porters were tops! Andaz location is the best, and made it a joy to start out each day from this point.

PS: Ray keep your promise to quit smoking. You are a super young man.
Jim and Barbara Machado

• 5 of 5 stars
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
James M, thank you for your stay and your very nice review. I am happy so many of our team members made such a nice impression on you, I will be sure they see your comments. Please come back soon, Matt
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to splurge for our wedding night, and spent the night at the Andaz after our small wedding. Family was in town, so the location of this hotel (right next to City Market) was perfect for us to bring the family downtown for dinner that night. We were able to park the car (I recommend the many city garages instead of valet parking), have dinner with the family, then go to River Street for a bit after they left and before we were ready to turn in.

We had a room with a small balcony (can't take more than a dining chair out onto the balcony) overlooking the pool. Our room being freezing when we came back after dinner (we'd been out in the heat for hours), but we were able to open the balcony doors and warm the room up. My only complaint is that the huge tub (which I was really excited to use!) wouldn't hold water. I let the water run for about 30 minutes before giving up and taking a shower. The shower was so luxurious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable.

There are a few in room snacks and drinks, and everything but the alcohol is free. The free bottles of water were much appreciated with the heat and humidity of Savannah. If we had the money to splurge again, we would stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you want a balcony with a view, be sure to request that.
    • 5 of 5 stars
D R, thank you so much for spending your wedding night with us! Congratulations! I am happy you enjoyed your stay but sorry the tub was draining improperly. If you have an opportunity to return for an anniversary trip please contact me directly so I can take great care of you! Matt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

So I did ALOT of research on b and b's and hotels. At least for the weekend I'm here a top quality place if gonna run avg $200. B and B's were $300 for a quality full service breakfast. Since this hotels location is smack dab in historic district I picked it for price. It's right adjacent to Ellis square. So that is way cool. Also when you check in they front desk will talk you into upgrading to a studio. First they offered me a upgrade for $50 a night I turned it down and got it for $20 a night. Don't really think you need it since I won't be in the room much but it is a very cool corner sweet over looking the square. Also ask for the balcony suite. Cool little touch. Now I saw a lot of people complain about noise in the Ellis street facing rooms. I'm on a lower level room so I can hear most of the activity from Ellis square but I didn't see it as a issue as others do. Don't pay to park valet. Drive around and find a spot. It's free on the weekends but you will save yourself $15 or so a day in tips and parking money. I wasn't able to valet cause of a turtle too on my SUV. So I was forced to find a spot and it wasn't as tuff as I thought. Only parked a couple blocks away and took my about 10min to find one. Maybe a 5 or so min walk to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gakarl100, thank you for your visit and your nice review, please come back to Andaz Savannah soon, Matt
Northern Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful week in Savannah! Availability upgrade allowed a spacious suite with fabulous soaker tub. Shout out and special thanks to Kanesha for providing consistent exceptional customer service throughout my stay.
Just a note, I parked in public garage on Whitaker Street/adjacent block and just a minimal walk to Andaz.($12.00/ 2 day pass which can be purchased at Visitors Center on MLK Blvd or the Bryant Street parking office...you can purchase several post-dated passes if you ask; these passes allow parking throughout the city at various locations).
The hotel overlooks Ellis Park which is surrounded with activities thus noise/music is to be expected. For example, I enjoyed the children playing in the fountain, a couple ballroom dancing, a wedding, live music and cheers for the ballgames.
The restocked complimentary beverages/snacks were a nice touch.
The bed was comfortable and linens exceptional.
Very convenient to everything one would want to enjoy in Savannah. I would not hesitate to return. The entire week, every staff member was so pleasant and genuine.
Thank you, Andaz, for superior customer service! It will be my pleasure to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
BamaFamily256, thank you for your thorough and nice review, it is so nice to hear that our team made such an impression on you. Please come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Oxford, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you want a cool, modern hotel this is the place. Although I am not a big fan of modern, this hotel won me over and I would recommend it. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The check in and bar areas are one and the same and this is a bit quirky in that there is little privacy at check in. The space is welcoming and bright. We stayed in a suite with a balcony which overlooked the pool. The bed was comfy and the amenities excellent. The bathroom was oversized with a beautiful soaking tub and separate shower. There were dual vanities so we had plenty of room. The mini bar is free except for the alcohol which was somewhat limited. The hotel was quiet. I would describe the hotel as a stepsister to the Four Seasons, excellent but something was missing. The location is without equal and is close to the historic district and the river and City Market. Very easy to get to. Bravo to Andaz.

• 5 of 5 stars
NCSmokey, thanks for your stay and for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and were able to get past the modern decor. I love the stepsister comment, I may start using that line myself! Matt