WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Northern Alabama
“Superior Customer Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful week in Savannah! Availability upgrade allowed a spacious suite with fabulous soaker tub. Shout out and special thanks to Kanesha for providing consistent exceptional customer service throughout my stay.
Just a note, I parked in public garage on Whitaker Street/adjacent block and just a minimal walk to Andaz.($12.00/ 2 day pass which can be purchased at Visitors Center on MLK Blvd or the Bryant Street parking office...you can purchase several post-dated passes if you ask; these passes allow parking throughout the city at various locations).
The hotel overlooks Ellis Park which is surrounded with activities thus noise/music is to be expected. For example, I enjoyed the children playing in the fountain, a couple ballroom dancing, a wedding, live music and cheers for the ballgames.
The restocked complimentary beverages/snacks were a nice touch.
The bed was comfortable and linens exceptional.
Very convenient to everything one would want to enjoy in Savannah. I would not hesitate to return. The entire week, every staff member was so pleasant and genuine.
Thank you, Andaz, for superior customer service! It will be my pleasure to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
BamaFamily256, thank you for your thorough and nice review, it is so nice to hear that our team made such an impression on you. Please come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Oxford, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you want a cool, modern hotel this is the place. Although I am not a big fan of modern, this hotel won me over and I would recommend it. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The check in and bar areas are one and the same and this is a bit quirky in that there is little privacy at check in. The space is welcoming and bright. We stayed in a suite with a balcony which overlooked the pool. The bed was comfy and the amenities excellent. The bathroom was oversized with a beautiful soaking tub and separate shower. There were dual vanities so we had plenty of room. The mini bar is free except for the alcohol which was somewhat limited. The hotel was quiet. I would describe the hotel as a stepsister to the Four Seasons, excellent but something was missing. The location is without equal and is close to the historic district and the river and City Market. Very easy to get to. Bravo to Andaz.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NCSmokey, thanks for your stay and for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and were able to get past the modern decor. I love the stepsister comment, I may start using that line myself! Matt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. Our suite was very comfortable. The valet staff was especially friendly. Only negative: no one advised us to take something other than a cab. It took the cab forever to arrive. The pedicab was much faster and more convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doubledeacon, thanks for your business and your review. Sorry we missed the boat on recommending a pedicab, they are very easy to use. Please come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Orange County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

On a recent business trip, my associate and I were responsible for our client's accomodations. We knew we had to stay at Andaz. The rooms combine functionality with high end comforts. He was very impressed. We were greeted three times by the time we reached the front desk. We had home cooked omelettes by Miss Mary who is as hospitable and kind as they come. It's like having your Mom cook your favorite meal when she's in a great mood! The location is perfect for a quick walk to River St. and restaurants. This is the only place I'll stay when I'm in Savannah. I have to come back for pleasure rather than business. My wife would love it.

Room Tip: I got room on the sixth floor looking out toward the bridge. It afforded a wonderful view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greg W, thank you for your very nice comments, I will be sure to share them with Mary and the team. Hope to see you back at Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Andaz hotel advertises "Skip Fridays is a new pool party for locals at ANDAZ Savannah. Every Friday Noon to 9pm. Live music, great cocktails, and snacks". We called ahead to find out some details we were connected to a few people because no one had any information about the event. I was finally connected to the Chef who was very excited and told us the event was going on at that time (1:30pm) we unpacked our suitcases and walked to the hotel the pool area was empty there was a guy sleeping, someone painting and the band setting up. There was no bartender so after waiting about 15 minutes I called the hotel again and mentioned I was there but there was no one there to take orders etc. Immediately a man in a suit came to the pool area and had a conversation with the guy painting while he pointed to me and my guest the entire time. The painter guy became the bartnder and later the waiter. We paid $20 for terrible service. They shoud not advertise an event if they can not provide one. We received 1 drink for our $20 but nothing else. After an hour and a half we were able to order food, which I must say was very good. After we ate we left. The band was ok there were 2 guys one singing and one playing a guitar. After the set up they were swimming in the pool why not we were the only 2 guest at the pool party. A waste of time and money we should have stayed at our hotels pool for free.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tikisha
Tikisha, sorry you had a poor experience at our happy hour, if you contact me directly I can refund your admission fee. Matt
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous location for all that Savannah has to offer. We got a great deal on a walk in for 2 nights. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, the bed was super comfortable with the most gorgeous Egyptian cotton sheets. Staff are wonderfully friendly. Valet parking is quite pricey but you can self park in a lot just outside the hotel. We didn't get the opportunity to use the pool but it looked lovely. The only negative comment I have is that the lobby is extremely noisy although this is not at all transferred to the rooms. I'd definitely recommend and would happily go back.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HodgyNorthumberland, thank you for your stay and thank you for your review, I hope you have a chance to return to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I chose Andaz after researching places on Tripadvisor! We could not have been more pleased with our experience. The place is beautiful and staff was so friendly and helpful.

We arrived very late about 12 AM, as we were driving from Chicago- we were greeted with a smiling enthusiastic group of individuals. There was a mix up with out reservation- which was quickly rectified and they upgraded our room! We were also provided with recommendations for restaurants and tours.

Some of our favorites- Alligator Soul for dinner (make reservations), we sat at bar and had a wonderful experience with bartenders Ryan and Melvin, Goose Feathers for breakfast and lunch, Leopold's for ice cream, Vinnie Van Go-Go's for pizza, trolley tour was worth it, and Andrew Lowe House was interesting- Savannah is a great walking town!! Loved it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicoleJustin
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
NicoleJustin,
Thank you for your very nice review. I am sorry for whatever error we made to your reservation, but so happy that is was quickly resolved. I hope you have a chance to return to Andaz Savannah soon! All the best, Matt