“Friendly, modern, and great location!”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Paso Robles, California
“Friendly, modern, and great location!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Andaz Savannah is in a great location located at Ellis Square, close to City Market shops and restaurants. It is only a block from Bay Street and River Walk. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a modern, clean look. The king room we had was not big, but the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is all in one with no tub (not a problem for us) . They stock the mini bar with non-alcoholic drinks and snacks that are free to guests. Parking is a problem so we ended up paying for valet parking to avoid the hassle of finding parking elsewhere. Definitely would recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Howe334, thank you for the nice review! Hope to see you back at Andaz Savannah soon, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Generally great classy hotel in a great central location with really helpful staff, there for 2 days on a business trip. On the first day the young lady on the front desk offered to help with a query with the gym even though you weren't sure yourself, your offer was appreciated (I managed to use a bit of initiative + worked it out myself). Had a great breakfast in the morning and met the 2 lovely ladies on the front desk (Shatrell and Shalkiah hope you don't mind me mentioning your names, you made me feel that much more welcome in Savannah) who tried to help me organise my evening meal which I managed to mess up, never mind. Would have been nice to stay an extra day and get my meal in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Cooksee, thank you for the nice review and thank you for visiting Andaz Savannah, hope we see you here again soon! All the best, Matt
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We experienced only 1 night here but received great service, loved our upgraded room, (taking advantage of their offer) and had 2 wonderful meals in our short time.

Andaz is a Hyatt brand with a trendier than average vibe & a wonderful farm-to-table restaurant that we loved. You see my husband is a vegan and finding a good meal, that isn't boring old pasta with tomato sauce, is pretty rare since most run of the mill hotels don't really know what vegans eat. Their in house dinning room not only knows, they have a special menu just for vegans and vegetarians and my husband was so happy he spent a few extra minutes telling the server just how good it was, took images and asked that his thanks be sent on to the kitchen.

Our room: was super comfy and plush with non alcoholic drinks (Coke, oj & more) on the house. Add a coffee maker, double paned windows to keep out the noise of the busy square outside, room to spread out and relax and you get a great experience. Really glad we chose Andaz.

Room Tip: Spring for an upgraded room & enjoy the extra perks
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
married&inlove,
Thank you for the review, I appreciate all the feedback. I am especially gratified to hear about your husband's experience in 22 Square. Chef Lauren and her team do such a fantastic job and it is nice to hear you were able to experience it yourselves. Hope to see you here again soon, Matt
Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Came here with my daughter to tour the Savannah College of Art and Design. Our room was modern but cozy, the beds were really comfortable, the pillows very fluffy, and the high-tech Ipod dock-digital clock amazed my daughter. The concierge was very helpful, getting us a reservation on a carriage tour right away. Great location, too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Steadygirl
SteadyGirl, Thank you for the nice review, I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Good luck with your school search, hopefully your daughter ends up at SCAD and you can be a frequent Andaz guest! ~Matt
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a really great hotel - brand new and very updated in technology! All the receptionists used I-pads to check guests in and if your room wasn't ready, they would just text you when it was. We arrived a bit before check in time but they very graciously let us check into one of the three rooms I had reserved and then text me within a very short time for the others. The beds were extremely soft and comfortable and the bathrooms were very nicely done with walk in showers and good lighting. All the receptionists were extremely friendly and helpful and the concierge was fantastic helping us to book several fun tours and the parking attendants were fast and courteous. The second-story outdoor pool and patio was beautifully done. I loved that this hotel was so centrally located to all the good places to be in Savannah. Within a block of City Market and a couple of blocks from River St. and surrounded by great restaurants, I couldn't find any faults with this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
JacH75, thank you for the review, I am happy you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon! Matt
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Well this review is a year late but I decided to right the review before we return in a few weeks for the GMA convention 2013. Well this hotel is ranked number #2 and I think that is a fair rating. We were here last year for the convention and at the time the hotel was caled the Avia Hotel. Our check in that first day was some what hectic and the lobby was over crowded. They had fresh fruit water and cookies and a white guy came by ( guessing he was drunk) and knocked over the entire ensemble. Wow thats all I could think of. Anyhoo the valet guy that was taking care of the car as well as our baggage hit the side of the car with the trooly cart and put a dent on my car. The check in was very pleasant cant remember the guys name but he was very nice. We had nice Bellman service up to our room I thought they were a little pushy though. Well Let me get to the best part of this stay, when I tell you that te freah made to order pancakes are to Die come back to life and die again Lord Have mercy they are just that good. I think I ate them every morning I was there. This is not the holiday inn type pancakes , this is Gormet style. When I learned that the hotel named had changed I was worried that the pancakes would too. I hope not. Anyway we really enjoyed the pleasentness ( is that a word) of the hotel. The bathroom was nice and roomy and the bed felt great. We will be there from Friday til Tueday Morning and I would recommended that anyone stay at this hotel it is pricey but its in a great location. Close to everything. This time I am going to get out of the room and do somemore things this year, the hotel also has a bar on the lower level that was great too. Well I cant wait! The pool is awesome as well really! This hotel is cheek contemporary and a most try.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Amber G, Thanks for the review and I am glad you are returning again this year. We have made a few changes since your last visit, but thankfully we still serve made to order pancakes! I'd be curious to hear what you think of some of the changes to the hotel. - Matt
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the Andaz one night in mid-March. There was a large wedding party staying at the hotel and a mix-up with our room - our king size room was apparently given away to the wedding party (overbooked). We were offered and agreed to take a room with two queens and complimentary breakfast at the hotel for about $75 less that night. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. Really liked the modern and funky room interior. The breakfast at the hotel exceeded our expectations - fresh ingredients, delicious omelettes and friendly servers. Location ideal. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Ashley, my apologies for the mixup! It is always embarrassing when we don't have the room type you reserved, I am happy the staff gave you breakfast and a discount for your troubles. Thanks for mentioning breakfast, I have worked in the industry for twenty years and I really feel it is the best, simpliest, breakfast I have seen. Hope to see you again soon, Matt