“A really nice hotel in a great location in historic Savannah.”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of days. The welcome was very good. Fast check in, welcome glass of wine. A nice touch. We had a nice if somewhat small room. This is city centre so it's not a big deal. The room fittings and quality was excellent. Well maintained. We had the breakfast package and it was worth it. Not sure I would have wanted to pay menu prices. But breakfast was very good with buffet style and willing attendants if people needed help. And the omelette chef was a great part of it all.
Parking is the usual issue in Savannah - but valet park and live with the cost.
You can stay cheaper in Savannah old town but I doubt you could get a better location and service.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank gvs951
Write a ReviewReviews (3,179)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Spent the weekend here and absolutely loved the hotel. The loft room is beautiful & spacious. Service is top-shelf. Location couldn't be better. And Scott at the bar is the best bartender we've ever had. Great place!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank guzzigirl
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to travel back to Savannah this week and was able to stay at the Andaz Hotel again. This is my favorite hotel for Savannah, GA. I have had the opportunity to sample their food for breakfast and lunch and always pleased with the food and service. As for the hotel and staff they have excelled at providing great customer service. I did not rate the spa as I have not tried that amenity. This is my first review for this hotel but over the past six months I have spent approximately two weeks at this hotel on three different trips. The service has been consistent each visit.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are comparable to other hotels. The suites are a nice change for that special long w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ridgerunnerdoc
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I took a last minute day trip into Savannah. We found the central location of the Andaz to be perfect for just poking around the historic district for awhile, coming back to take a little rest, and going back out for a carriage ride in the evening.

The hotel itself is nice but the uber modern/minimalist feel isn't really my taste, but it is pretty. The room we had was comfortable but I didn't like the shower, which had no door, because I was cold. However, the bed was incredibly comfortable! Unfortunately, we were woken up very early by some loud banging in the hall.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Check-in and check-out was quick and easy. Breakfast in the morning was expensive but delicious.

I'm not sure if we will ever make it back to Savannah or not, but if we do, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. However, I think I'd want to try one of the older, more historical places.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbntn74
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a local to Savannah and had family from overseas wishing to stay downtown, so I chose the Andaz for the location on Ellis square, which since it has been renovated is a hub of activity and around the corner from city market and a short walk across Bay to river street. I had friends stay in this hotel previously under the Avia/Lodgeworks brand when it first opened, it has since become Andaz/Hyatt under the Hyatt brand, the only difference is the lobby is now more minimalistic, whereas under Avia it was more opulent. The rooms are exactly the same. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and we were continually acknowledged throughout our stay and were offered wine while we waited to be checked in. Our rooms were nice, clean, good beds, linens etc, robes, slippers and a complimentary mini bar (except alcohol) which was a nice touch. I was able to book a staycation rate which is available to residents of GA, FL, NC, SC which was even more of a savings (this was available in Feb not sure if it is all year round or not). On this trip we did not use the pool or firepit area however I have used this in the past and it is a unique feature set on the 2nd floor rooftop with plenty of cabanas and plush seating areas with a bar and a shallow narrow pool, perfect to cool off in if you are here in the hotter months (although it is heated in the winter). One evening there was a jazz ensemble playing in the lobby. There is a doorman on the door and Valet parking is available $25 a day (although you can get visitor parking passes from the visitor center or parking services for $7 a day, which is a better deal and you can park on the street on meters and in parking garages designated including the one the hotel use for valet). My family thought this hotel was a great choice, being able to stroll around city market, the squares, river street etc without really having to use the car except to venture out further. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, my other choice would be the Bohemian but at the time it was over $100 more a night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank starserendipity
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before we arrived we had been in contact with the hotel's concierge about reservations and things to do, and received a prompt response each time. After we arrived, we received nothing but the best in customer service from each and every one of the employees we encountered.

The hotel is in a great location and is very well maintained with quiet and stylish rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Savannah. I was definitely impressed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linnbada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our first trip to Savannah was made that much more pleasurable by our stay at the Andaz. Very attentive staff who went out of their way to offer every assitance. Close, within walking distance to many of Savanna's charms, so all in all a very pleasnt experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple