“Charming hotel and excellent location”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent location, friendly staff, and great price! We recently stayed at the Andaz on Wall St. in New York and were hoping for a similar experience in Savannah. The staff were just as nice and helpful as the ones in New York and the location was also great. The style of this particular Andaz is not as contemporary as the one in NYC, but it fits perfectly into its historic surroundings.
When we checked in, we were greeted by the staff and offered a beverage. What a nice touch! We were given a room overlooking Ellis Square and it was a very pretty sight to wake up to. From the hotel, you can easily walk to City Market (historic area with restaurants and shops) and Broughton Street (great street with plenty of cute boutiques). Both areas are within a five minute walk.
Our room was clean, mostly quiet (we were close to the ice machine and there was an event at City Market which was over by a decent hour), and a bit on the small side, but we didn't mind. If you have the opportunity to try the breakfast buffet, go for it- thick bacon, grits, pancakes, house made sausages, fruit, granola, eggs, omelettes, juice, the works. Somehow we found a special deal that included the breakfast in our rate and totally took advantage of it.
We were here over Valentine's day weekend which was also the weekend for the Savannah Book Festival.
I like Andaz very much. The only things that prevented me from giving this property an Excellent rating was the size of our room and the fact that there wasn't a bathtub in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine. I forgot to do this.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

First time at this hotel in Sanannah it is awesome.

We checked in and the first thing that happened was we we served two glasses of awesome wine as we were handed our keys!

We were blown away with this welcome.

Funky bar scene, great location at the city market.

GREAT SUITE wonderful beds and linens. Very upscale and special.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chart30308
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Starting with the gentleman who greeted me upon arrival to the moment of departure every part of my stay was perfect. Staff members at the Andaz Savannah understand the true meaning of hospitality and show their care at every opportunity. The lobby is beautiful and filled with a warm welcome (and a complimentary glass of wine). The bar serves a phenomenal cocktail for your pre-dinner and the restaurant, features local food that will please your taste buds. The guest room fulfills your expectation of luxury and comfort, plus you have in room snacks, drinks and internet as part of the rate. You will love it here!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed her for two night in February 2013. It was a great hotel from start to finish - absolutely no complaints or concerns. We made advance reservations for a king suite - and we were given a room on the 6th floor - which is at or near the top of the buidling.

Hotel is located just a short walking distance from the main tourist area down by the water.. and is also within reasonable walking distance of other places you may want to see. We did not take any trollery rides - but just walked a lot - close walk to homes built in the 1700 and 1800's - nice garden / park areas, etc.

This hotel does not offer any "self park" lots - it's all valey parking - which I think is common with most hotels that are located downtown. The charge for parking is $23 per day - but they do inform you of a public parking lot option nearby which is a little cheaper for 24 hours... but it would not be less expeensive if you come and go frequently. I quickly chose the hotel valey service. Also, our reservation package enttiled us to a free $25 credit, so only night of parking was added to our bill.

The "check in" was a bit unique for me - but I understand other hotels are now doing it this way. There is no "front desk" - rather, a number of welcoming staff are waiting near the front door with portable I-Pad set ups, and you sit and chat in comfortable chirs - to get you checked in, explain hotal features, answer questions, etc. It was a better than average check in experience.

Every time we left the hotel or came back, there were always valey parkers available, and plenty of staff waiting to assist at the front door or answer our questions. We did not eat in any hotel restaurant, or visit any bars or other special services of the hotel. On one night there was a jazz trio playing in the lobby near the main doors.

Our room was excellant - good size living area with sofa, chair, and TV. A "bar area" (did not have sink in this area) that had a refrigerator stocked with cold drinks, snacks available, and coffee maker. Snacks and non alchol drinks are complimentary.

Bed room area seperated from living room by french doors - helping to insure quiet sleep. Bed was outstanding - mattress extreemly comfortable!!!! TV in bed room, I-pod player, etc. We heard "no noise" from anywhere in the hallway or other rooms - very quiet!!!

Bathroom was very large - large walk in shower.... seperate free standing tub.... large double sink vanity.

Small walk out balcony area accessed from living room - not much of a view - but you can look down on some city streets.

Overall - excellant!!!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 21 month old daughter. We were treated so kindly and the staff worked so hard to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we need. We stayed in a king suite that worked well with the baby. She slept in the living room and we stayed in the bedroom when she went to bed. Such a great trip!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with this boutique hotel! I researched many hotels before my husband and I headed to savannah with another couple. The price of the room was comparable and even less expensive than those that were similar in that area. We were greeted by a hostess with an iPad who quickly checked us in and offered us a complimentary beverage (both alcoholic or non-alcoholic were available). We found the lobby to be somewhat minimalistic and modern yet inviting. All staff were extremely friendly and seemed genuine in wanting to assist us. Before going to our room, the hostess informed us that all mini-bar items (other than alcoholic beverages) were complimentary. We found this to be very nice while not having to search for an overpriced vending machine. What a great idea, Andaz!
I was somewhat disappointed that as a Hyatt gold member that I did not receive the upgrade to a loft (more square footage) as I had requested. However, when I noticed that those loft room faced noisy Bay Street, i was happy it didn't work out. The room was a little cramped but the decor was nice. There was a large flat screen tv (my husband was thrilled to see that). My favorite part of the room was the AWESOME iPod/iPhone docking station on the bedside table. I immediately plugged my phone in and listened to music through the great sounding speaker!
We toured the 2nd floor deck where the pool and fire pit were located. We would have spent some time out there if it weren't for the pouring 48 hours of rain. Really neat place to spend an evening with friends, I would think.
Overall, I highly recommend Andaz in Savannah. I hope to check out other locations of this hotel in my other travels. Great job, Andaz! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had been thinking about a trip to Savannah and I noticed the Andaz came up as an offering on Sniqueaway...After checking it out , the rate looked good and My husband and I were both happy with the decision. the hotel is newy renovated so everything was in good shape. It was a little unusual to sign in sitting on a chair with a glass of wine..but we went with the flow. The chairs in the bar part of the lobby could be a little more comfortable, but there were some nice groupings when we met up with friends. The staff is so well trained..very very friendly and helpful. The concierge was standing in the front lobby near the doors..friendly and helpful. We bought our trolley tours and some house tours through him..He said that there was a savings buying at the hotel rather than at the houses.

We ate breakfast there several mornings....There is a continental type buffet, or a buffet plus omelets or pancakes, bacon, sausages etc, or you can order from the menu. I really liked the continental buffet...lots of fresh fruit, granola, sweet rolls, a salad, and other things. one morning I ordered eggs benedict from the menu..instead of an english muffin, the eggs were on a sweet potato biscuit..light and delicious...smokey bacon instead of ham. they do not serve lunch, but room service is available.

We were very pleased with our room. We had a king suite, which had a large bathroom with a long granite counter with double sinks, a separate tub and walk in shower.
Thr bed was comfortable.
The living area had a red velvet comfy sofa and a chaise lounge.

The free snacks and non alcoholic drinks were a really nice feature.

The location is excellent too..Across from Ellis park , City Market and just above River Street. There were many excellent restaurants very close by

We would definitely stay here if we come backmto Savannah.

Room Tip: Get a king suite and ask to face Ellis Square...don't know if it would be noisy, but the view wo...